g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

It also means our net spend is like £50m or something if it goes through.
Another £25m for the Glazers pockets. Fecking leeches. Great work be Ed though, 25m is robbery. Sad they wont invest it into the squad.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I never understand why it takes until now for all the action to take place.

Are deals drastically different in terms of price/structure than they would have been a month ago?

Devil may care

I remember Pereira's good pre-seasons as well and that Darren Fletcher looked great on the US tour in LvG's first season, then we started playing real competitive football and reality took over, same thing here.

R'hllor

Its funny, young guns from academy being successful in our shirt is a dream for both fans and owners just for 2 totally different reasons.

Nico87

I’m not as worried about not replacing Lukaku as I am that we didn’t replace Herrera or Matic ( who’s here but shouldn’t be used against any teams with pace who press high).

Raw

Not too arsed about not getting Mandzukic. There are positives to getting him but I don't want us to get a player just for the sake of making a deadline day signing. If we're going to rely on Greenwood more then go for it, should be exciting nonetheless.

Midfield is absolutely key though and there's feck all rumours about getting one. I think we're done for the summer.

Sambob

I dont disagree with the idea behind this, but its a big old gamble for Ole and I wonder how much of it is the club just not being able to get the deals done.

If this gamble blows up in his face then make no mistake, the club will send him off to the slaughter and he will be the sacrificial lamb 'manager wanted to promote youth' etc and he will be gone at the end of the season and it will be a managerial merry go round again.

Just so it doesnt seem like im sitting on the fence:

Even though its a narrow thing and id have liked another midfielder or two, I think this is the RIGHT thing to do and would like to see the youth given a chance and think they are decent.

Dante

Average bang
£44m :drool:

Maguire +£80m
AWB +£45m
James +£18m

Lukaku -£74m
Rojo -£25m?

Valencia and Herrera off the wages (£200k per week combined).

Fellaini sold in January for £7m.
If we'd paid £150m for Maguire, that would have been better. Then our net spend would have been £114m.

mad1max954

Yeah
He’s 34 years old with probably one season left to play at this level, I couldn’t have been more delighted we didn’t get Perisic either.
you can get 2 years out of him. 7 mil a year - Not that bad. He'd contribute and give us something different.

Member 39557

Difference being it could derail their development as a player and they become just another promising academy player that ends up struggling to find a club because of we handled them.
We have experienced cover for all of them though with our "dead wood"
People aren't happy no matter what happens. I can see us slowly trying to integrate the youngsters into the team alongside more experienced players.

I'm quite pleased we've potentially sorted out the defence. Perhaps next window we will look at other areas after seeing how the kids develop. People expecting us to solve all our problems in one window are mental. Introducing half a new team in one fell swoop is often a recipe for disaster. We could have perhaps signed a midfielder, but if the players we want aren't available, why waste money?

Klopp is now being praised for that sort of approach, as in hindsight it worked out well. We're being lambasted for it.

Raw

£44m :drool:

Maguire +£80m
AWB +£45m
James +£18m

Lukaku -£74m
Rojo -£25m?

Valencia and Herrera off the wages (£200k per week combined).

Fellaini sold in January for £7m.
Take off another £15-20m or so if Zaha goes and we're looking at below £30m.

Devil may care

What are you confused about? Fletcher looked great on our US tour under LvG in that first season, just go back and look at the threads, people were convinced he was reborn and a midfield of him, Herrera and Carrick was going to be great.

Alabaster Codify7

What the actual f. Why can’t we buy a midfielder like other clubs.

Because it costs money.

With the Rojo sale, our net spend for this window is an incredible what, £60m or something? Excellent work, Edward - here's your £10m bonus.

Rojo sale is good business to be fair, £25m for probably our 5th choice CB but given the current climate, its basically the going rate for an international defender.

£25m back in the owners pockets. If Palace sell Zaha, bada-bing, another payday for the Glazers.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What are you confused about? Fletcher looked great on our US tour under LvG in that first season, just go back and look at the threads, people were convinced he was reborn and a midfield of him, Herrera and Carrick was going to be great.
Darren Fletcher was a good player for us I have know idea who you're talking about but you're getting confused.

Woodzy

The story of the last week has essentially been ‘talks with player X’ at the start of the day, only for us to walk away by the end of it.

R'hllor

There is no reason to shit on any youngster if they make a mistake, trying to make similarities in judging between Matic the Titanic and Garner for example is just laughable. With being youngsters they bring good and bad with it, no fear, potential to improve, desire to make it, lower wages vs strollin around like they own the place, high wages, same bs excuses week in week out, shitty performances etc.

Suv666

So a combined £100mil spent in 2 years. One of the richest club in the world eh? Cant wait for the murderous Saudi's to buy us.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The back 5 is sorted is it not?

Next window or two and we will complete it by getting in midfielders and forwards.
That's banking on them wanting to come to us like we've struggled with this window. We're taking a huge huge risk. Hopefully it pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.