Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He does make a lot of good points and some of these youngsters deserve opportunities. I have to disagree with the "you cant sign six, its the first phase of a rebuild though" we have been in the first phase for a while and bar a couple of windows that phase has got us progressively worse.....so many still here shouldnt be and not enough ins that we have a mediocre first eleven and every manager has fell almost at the first hurdle as the side just isnt good enough.
Time will tell, but do we even know if the youngsters will get there chances and it wont just be Mata at 10, Lingard on the right all again. There could still be a couple more outs with the foreign window, but I really do think not making at least one if not two more signings really could hamper our opportunities to progress this season and if it goes badly we could just be going full circle to another manager, another philosphy and another rebuild. I am not all doom and gloom, but two major signings for me really isnt enough this window, they are both the right quality, we need an injection of quality to the first eleven but it should have been a minimum of four even with the youngsters coming through
We've effectively re-started it every time we have changed managers.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Was gonna take the piss out of this them realised who it is.

I'm genuinely shocked that he still plays football and also shocked that he's only 34. Remember in my FM/CM saves and I actually played him a few times I think.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's actually a pretty insane signing for Rovers, North End fans will be livid. Athough for some reason Rovers let Mulgrew leave anyway, they'd have had a very good defence had he stayed.

Fridge chutney

That's actually a pretty insane signing for Rovers, North End fans will be livid. Athough for some reason Rovers let Mulgrew leave anyway, they'd have had a very good defence had he stayed.
You're right. Preston fans are arguably angrier than United fans after this window. I saw a few articles about it. And look at the responses to their transfer summary tweet:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That vision and future only works if something works now though. We have to have absolute belief that this squad, that on paper looks weaker than last season, is capable of doing better than they did last year.

With the mentality that this squad has generally shown, that of a chicken, I have no faith they do well when the chips are down. And the chips will be down.

Rolaholic

The spin doctors are out in force but I doubt the fans will lap it up this time. Been burnt far too often believing these nonsensical post window briefs to the media about the future that never comes

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Makes sense to me. I though for sure they would go after Snacho next year. I wonder who they're gonna line up in for the midfield. Wouldn't surprise me if we were looking at players like Brooks and Cook of Bournmouth and Longstaff of course.

luke511

This doesn't explain why we haven't invested in a no.10, unless he's planning to play Gomes there instead of Lingard, which I'll believe when I see it. Bruno does all of Lingard's off the ball work and bags and assists from all angles as well, would've been an incredible signing but for some reason it didn't happen. I don't know how Solskjaer would pass on that option, it must be Woodward saying no to the price.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You're right. Preston fans are arguably angrier than United fans after this window. I saw a few articles about it. And look at the responses to their transfer summary tweet:
I'm very close to Preston and attend quite a lot of games, a lot of my friends are North End fans and they started off their summer by selling their best player with no chance in hell of replacing him, and they've had to watch every single team around them sign players while they're getting turned down by players from Cork fecking City :lol:

jesperjaap

We've effectively re-started it every time we have changed managers.
Exactly, as none of them have made enough quality signings to a mediocre side to have a good enough team to give them a chance in phase one, this is what I worry we have just repeated yet again. Only Mourinho did it in his first window, we finished second

OL29

Don’t know what planet they’re on if they think Sancho’s signing for us in our current state. He’ll have plenty of suitors and in all likelihood, we’ll be coming off an even worse season than the last, with Pogba almost certain to be off at that point. We saw similar briefs regarding Longstaff, with the club rather arrogantly assuming we’ll be able to pick him up with little effort. Let’s just hope they at least have the fortitude to have back up options to Sancho if they decide to go all out for him next year but given the shit show of the last few transfer windows, I’d be shocked.

JohnZSmith27

Exactly, as none of them have made enough quality signings to a mediocre side to have a good enough team to give them a chance in phase one, this is what I worry we have just repeated yet again. Only Mourinho did it in his first window, we finished second
Didn't we finish 6th his first season?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Don’t know what planet they’re on if they think Sancho’s signing for us in our current state. He’ll have plenty of suitors and in all likelihood, we’ll be coming off an even worse season than the last, with Pogba almost certain to be off at that point. We saw similar briefs regarding Longstaff, with the club rather arrogantly assuming we’ll be able to pick him up with little effort. Let’s just hope they at least have the fortitude to have back up options to Sancho if they decide to go all out for him next year but given the shit show of the last few transfer windows, I’d be shocked.
You've literally written off this season as worst than last and we haven't even kicked a ball yet.

OL29

You've literally written off this season as worst than last and we haven't even kicked a ball yet.
I said in all likelihood, that’s my opinion based on the final months of last season and the transfer window. It was the same last year, plenty knew we were in for a rough season before a ball had been kicked, others chose to bury their head in the sand. You can choose to ignore the warning signals but I don’t hold any expectations for the season ahead.

Nick7

I'm very close to Preston and attend quite a lot of games, a lot of my friends are North End fans and they started off their summer by selling their best player with no chance in hell of replacing him, and they've had to watch every single team around them sign players while they're getting turned down by players from Cork fecking City :lol:
What Cork player turned them down?

Status
Not open for further replies.