Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You mean the Leonardo who has been working as a scout/manager/Director of Football since 2003? :lol:
I'm talking about the former footballer Leonardo who had very little experience when he started his career in the field in 2003. His last job was a failure too at AC Milan considering all that experience he had.

stevoc

I assume all of them are going to wait until he can leave on a free. Seems like the same clubs are always "interested" in signing him, but they don't really want to pay anything for him
Can't say i blame them, he's not worth much.

purgethefallen

The depressing thing about it too is the fact I don't see any rumours about the players we need to dump, like Rojo, Jones, Darmian, Sanchez, Matic etc! It's all screwed up!
Who the Hell would want them?

This will be Ole's biggest headache, how to get rid of the dross.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Another former player as Dof? Haven't PSG read the thoughts of our fans in the Manchester United forum??
Everyone needs to worry if PSG has someone competent running the show again. PSG's transfer policy has been nonsensical in recent seasons.

Pavl3n

We're really stupid if that's true.
I like Icardi as a player but his attitude and off the field issues put me off him.
Best news of the window so far.
Yep. Icardi is the last thing we need with this dysfunctional squad.
Good. As much as I want to be rid of Lukaku, there’s no point in replacing him with Icardi.
Only advantage I see Icardi having over Lukaku is ball control/first touch/first time shot. I saw a few goals from Icardi, which Lukaku would never score in his life - first time volley or a first time shot from a cross. Apart from that nothing else can sell me Icardi.
A good chunk of his goals came from wide position crosses/passes. If we had someone to deliver a ball, Lukaku could've had a few more goals.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
No way we can take a risk like that. Couple years ago maybe but not now.
Rashford isn’t really good enough to be the number 1 striker either. We are a real mess in that position just like every other.
I agree that neither of them are good enough but it seems like Ole is putting all his chips on "Rashy."
I think the Icardi/Lukaku swap comes down to a really simple question, who would be better leading your front line, if the answer is Lukaku stick with him, if Icardi is an upgrade swap. I dont think Rashford is yet ready to take on that responsibility. I also haven't watched Icardi play all that much outside the champions league, so not really in a position to judge.

The off field issues seem t be more down to his wife chatting on a TV show, she is his agent and she's not really chatting more rubbish than say Raiola, the big issue was she is his wife and Inter seemed to think he should have stopped her (frankly I cant stop my wife saying anything, so feel for the guy!)

Yes he refused to play for one game apparently and that doesn't look good, but before he was stripped of the captaincy was there any other issues? might just be a one off.

His stats certainly look good and the guy has good eye for goal, so is it Lukaku or Icardi?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Dave to PSG doesn't really make sense.. I'd rather he didn't leave but it's looking like he will so i'd take money+Areola.

Hawks2008

Not really worth selling Lukaku if we aren't going to bring in a reliable goalscorer. Relying on 'Rashy' to lead the line will end in tears.

Sterling Archer

Is there a way I can hide this thread from myself? I can't take it anymore. So some sort of self ban

doriandun

How about just play Lukaku because he is better than Rashford.
What;s gonna happen is Lukaku will be benched for Rashford up top, when Ole realises, that Rashford is not cut out to be leading man,consistently, it will be too late, to compound the problem, Rashford contract expires next year and don't think there is a 1 year extension, and if Ole drops Rashford or moves him to the left, it might cause issues in the current contract negotiations, the club can not afford to have Lukaku sitting on the bench for a good percentage of the season.

Best move for the club is to cut their losses and sell him for 50 mill with additional fee rising to let's day 58 mill, the same with De Gea, say if De Gea ask to go out on loan, and see's out the last year of his contract.

The lost incured can be recified at a later date.

doriandun

What;s gonna happen is Lukaku will be benched for Rashford up top, when Ole realises, that Rashford is not cut out to be leading man,consistently, it will be too late, to compound the problem, Rashford contract expires next year and don't think there is a 1 year extension, and if Ole drops Rashford or moves him to the left, it might cause issues in the current contract negotiations, the club can not afford to have Lukaku sitting on the bench for a good percentage of the season.

Best move for the club is to cut their losses and sell him for 50 mill with additional fee rising to let's say 58 mill, the same with De Gea, say if De Gea ask to go out on loan, and see's out the last year of his contract.

The lost incured can be recified at a later date.

redtony

Daniel James set to leave Wales camp for Man Utd medical, The Sun is reporting.

Snafu17

A bit early to tell, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's a brief.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why would the club basically unofficially confirming a signing be relevant? Dunno, why do you think?
It could easily be a leak but even if it wasn't, fans complain that they aren't in the loop and then complain that they are possibly put in it. And these types of reports are extremely common anyway, there is nothing special about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.