Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynoldo

Conclude without Fernandes and a RW and that's not concluding that's failing. The RW i might let slide for Sancho next year and to give Greenwood games, but Fernandes is the game changer we need.
Yep it is failing. If true then it seems Fernandes was based on Pogba leaving while Pepe (or similar) is based on Lukaku leaving. To be honest both players are needed regardless of whether or not those two leave. We simply have to freshen up the squad more and add more first team quality or else we will slide back into our pathetic mindset we saw the end of last season all too soon.

sparx99

Consistently better? Maybe more attractive football but we’ve won 3 trophies and from finished 2nd. Spurs have won nothing for 12 years and their best position is 3rd.

Our worst years are better than Spurs best before you even get into the money conversation.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I don’t we need to get Longstaff right away. Newcastle is going to get relegated and he will be up for a smaller amount next summer.

In my opinion adding Maguire and Fernandes will be enough. McTominay will replace Herrera and Matic can play for one more season. We are going to play with three midfielders and one addition is enough if McTominay can be the player we all want him to be. For the three spots in the midfield we would have:

- Pogba
- McTominay
- Fernandes (?)
- Pereira
- Matic
- Fred
- Lingard, Mata, Gomes and Garner

It’s enough.

Champagne Football

We'd be better off sending Lukaku on loan to a PL club than to keep him as a squad player. At Everton he was the inform striker in the league. He will recapture that form at the right club and then someone like Bayern or Atletico might pay big for him next year. Would be nice if Everton or Palace were willing to swap Richarlison or Zaha for him.

Apokalips

And where are all the execs at all the other clubs at the moment? Why is this even a ‘story’? And why is there always a fixation with how we operate in the market? It’s not like we have done no business. It’s not as if everyone around us has done loads. These types of stories are just there to incite, and are totally unnecessary. The incitement seems to work too, by the looks of our online fan demographic anyway.
This is exactly what I keep saying! We never hear about other clubs CEOs movements, but Ed gets mentioned every other day. The media are preying on our fanbases childish hysteria over every little thing. We're giving them an easy out.

Mick1

I don’t we need to get Longstaff right away. Newcastle is going to get relegated and he will be up for a smaller amount next summer.

In my opinion adding Maguire and Fernandes will be enough. McTominay will replace Herrera and Matic can play for one more season. We are going to play with three midfielders and one addition is enough if McTominay can be the player we all want him to be. For the three spots in the midfield we would have:

- Pogba
- McTominay
- Fernandes (?)
- Pereira
- Matic
- Fred

It’s enough.
Yes he will, and all other top teams in the country/abroad will be in for him if he performs this year as well as he did pre Injury. The only way we d get him for a low fee is if no other clubs are interested next year, in which case that wouldn't bode well for the lad.

RedDevilRoshi

Bruno seems very happy to join, can we get that deal done rapidly and then go back to doing nothing about Maguire please?

We only deal with one transfer at a time. Our main focus is on Maguire. Once that is done or not then we will shift our attention to the next target on the list.

Kaivalya

And where are all the execs at all the other clubs at the moment? Why is this even a ‘story’? And why is there always a fixation with how we operate in the market? It’s not like we have done no business. It’s not as if everyone around us has done loads. These types of stories are just there to incite, and are totally unnecessary. The incitement seems to work too, by the looks of our online fan demographic anyway.
True, clubs like Arsenal and Wolves haven't done any business yet.

NoMidfielders

We only deal with one transfer at a time. Our main focus is on Maguire. Once that is done or not then we will shift our attention to the next target on the list.
Indeed, but surely when you have a deal which seems to be very doable you switch and get that done then go back to the deal which has been deadlocked in the exact same place for 3 weeks now

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is exactly what I keep saying! We never hear about other clubs CEOs movements, but Ed gets mentioned every other day. The media are preying on our fanbases childish hysteria over every little thing. We're giving them an easy out.
Absolutely. Under the former regime, it was never ‘Gill better get this deal done’ either. Fans didn’t concern themselves with the intricacies of negotiations, and even now, I am confident the moaners can’t definitively say what role Woodward plays in the process anyway.

The media sow a seed of negativity about us, and it seems most of our fans are young/hysterical and lap it all up. We’ve done two deals and are working on more. No big club has got 4 or 5 in in the PL. There is a disproportionate fixation on every player we are interested in, every player who signs for any club who they feel could have been useful for us, talk of why WE hadn’t done a deal for De Ligt at 16 or so (unlike Bayern, Barca and PSG who did?). Like, just feck off and let us get on with our shit.

Eric's Seagull

We'd be better off sending Lukaku on loan to a PL club than to keep him as a squad player. At Everton he was the inform striker in the league. He will recapture that form at the right club and then someone like Bayern or Atletico might pay big for him next year. Would be nice if Everton or Palace were willing to swap Richarlison or Zaha for him.
I would personally take Richarlison in part exchange. Would be interesting how how much they value him at. If a part-exchange deal was to occur involving Richarlison. How much do you think Everton would value Richarlison at?

RedDevilRoshi

Indeed, but surely when you have a deal which seems to be very doable you switch and get that done then go back to the deal which has been deadlocked in the exact same place for 3 weeks now
We don’t things the simple way.

At the same time, doing one deal at a time just sounds ridiculous and I don’t know which other top club operate like this. Surely you’d be working on 2-3 deals at the same time rather than just 1 and leave the other potential ones in the background until you have concluded the first one.

I’m getting the feeling that these Fernandes rumours are Gaitan 2.0. I can’t remember anyone reputable linking us to him other than clickbait Portuguese articles.

Pav1878

Well they begged him to come back and promised him a lot of control. Moves aren’t happening as quickly as he wanted to and players he want in/out aren’t happening. I don’t blame him at all, you are asking him to pull another miracle against the juggernaut Barca squad. If he was our manager and he was doing this to Woodward, Lukaku, Sanchez you all would be praising him.
They've bought him Hazard! Plus several other good players to go with a very good squad that's already there. And there's two weeks left in the window.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
True, clubs like Arsenal and Wolves haven't done any business yet.
The average football fan doesn’t even know the name of who negotiates deals at these clubs either, talk less on whether they have decided to remain in the UK to do it or go on their tour. Woodward has become some sort of celebrity exec, while nobody speaks of the suits elsewhere. Arsenal and Wolves have done nothing as you said, Liverpool some Dutch kid for the academy, City just Rodri, Spurs just Ndombele. If Spurs want to close the gap on City, they need to do more. Perhaps there should be more of a fuss. They sold Trippier. Haven’t replaced him. If that were us selling a first XI player, there will be articles about how we haven’t brought anyone in.

Josep Dowling

- Pogba
- McTominay
- Fernandes (?)
- Pereira
- Matic
- Fred

It’s enough.
Agree on your Longstaff point. He has 9 Premier League appearances to his name and some think he's the answer to our problems in midfield.

As for the rest of your statement that list of midfielders is crap. If we go into the season with that we will lose the midfield battle with the top 8 teams.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would be disappointed if we sign Pepe as it would probably mean no Sancho next season. I'd much rather we wait for Sancho and play Greenwood/James on the right this season.

Eric's Seagull

Bruno seems very happy to join, can we get that deal done rapidly and then go back to doing nothing about Maguire please?
Although the article says he wants to move to England state that it's this season. "If it could be this season? It could be when the club decides, I'm not in charge." From this quote I take that it could be this season or the club may not decide to let leave until next season.

Kaivalya

The average football fan doesn’t even know the name of who negotiates deals at these clubs either, talk less on whether they have decided to remain in the UK to do it or go on their tour. Woodward has become some sort of celebrity exec, while nobody speaks of the suits elsewhere. Arsenal and Wolves have done nothing as you said, Liverpool some Dutch kid for the academy, City just Rodri, Spurs just Ndombele. If Spurs want to close the gap on City, they need to do more. Perhaps there should be more of a fuss. They sold Trippier. Haven’t replaced him. If that were us selling a first XI player, there will be articles about how we haven’t brought anyone in.

I wouldn't mention City and Liverpool. They finished 32 and 31 points above United. If the ambition is to topple Spurs, well they might be about to retain some of the wantaways of their already superior squad and may yet add a couple of good players.
Yes, the dream position of 3rd may be in our grasps.

NYAS

Do you really not have any idea why it’s just a story for us and not other execs? Think about it...do you think all those newspapers coming out with this story had a big secret meeting and decided to release the same exact story at the same time with the same agenda?

Hint: It’s a briefing. I know you’ve been defending him and will defend him here and I’m not one of those people who has the pitchforks out for him, but this one’s a very obvious briefing, regardless of how we feel about the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.