Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooza

Zaha, Tierney and Cellabos would be a very good summer for Arsenal
Would be decent but I still can't believe they're not going for a central defender. Defence is what they needed to strengthen for awhile now - long may it continue.

kirk buttercup

What a bizarre take.

You do realise that the manager isn't actually involved in the buying or selling of players? If the board won't release enough money for one of his targets he isn't going to come out and create a story in the papers to make some fans feel better about the situation. In my view Jose's comments last pre-season were step 1 of his burn-the-house-down-and-still-get-paid exit strategy.

When Ole said some players won't be here he wasnt wrong as there always outgoings every window.
However, that, to me, was a message to the team after a poor end of the season i.e. if you want to be here I need more effort.

He's obviously gonna say he's happy and has confidence in the players cos that's good management. Players dont play well if they know they don't have the confidence of the manager and regardless of how the window goes he's going to have to work with what he's got.

His job is to keep that squad happy and motivated and I don't see how anyone can think that public comments to that end are a bad thing.
thank you. I don't think people realise this , Ole asked for what he would like his job is now to get the best out of what he has until he is handed new players . he doesn't negotiate deals . its like me saying to my wife I'm going to make a curry here is a list for when you go shopping of what I need , she comes back with eggs and nothing off the list ... thanks love we are having an omelette so .
last year Jose threw the team under the bus and many were up in arms this year Ole is playing up what we have and people aren't happy .
lets see a) what we have after the transfer window shuts and B) how we get on up till Christmas. I for one am very excited about our young guns and AWB and James along with I think its time for Martial and a few others to step up this season .

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Would you rather he did a Mourinho and set fire to it before the season even begins?
Obviously not, I think there are just many fans who want Ole to be putting the pressure on Woodward/the club to get deals over the line as at this moment in time, our squad simply isn't good enough.

Hopefully he is doing that behind closed doors at least.

Sterling Archer

Sigh you guys aren't muppeting hard or fast enough. Already multiple tweets on Reddit about us being in for Eriksen at 70 million

Marcelinho87

Obviously not, I think there are just many fans who want Ole to be putting the pressure on Woodward/the club to get deals over the line as at this moment in time, our squad simply isn't good enough.

Hopefully he is doing that behind closed doors at least.
I have a feeling he will be but you also have to consider this is no doubt going to take multiple windows not just the one.

el3mel

Failed miserably at Anderlecht, don't know if he's the standard of player Villa should be going for. Their 3rd transfer with a link to the Belgian competition, after Wesley and Engels. Both are better players than him though. Wesley will be a handful for a lot of defenders.
He barely played at Anderlecht if I remember correctly?

He's a good player. Electric, pacey and good dribbler. His problem is his frustrating finishing but it can improve. Salah was a terrible finisher at one point and improved.

onemanarmy

He barely played at Anderlecht if I remember correctly?

He's a good player. Electric, pacey and good dribbler. His problem is his frustrating finishing but it can improve. Salah was a terrible finisher at one point and improved.
Yeah, he had a lot of problems adapting to living abroad it seems. He was loaned out to a small Belgian club, which wasn't much better. He's still young, he might come good, but if he wasn't from Egypt, they wouldn't have bought him I think.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Wow Eriksen as well? With Longstaff, Bruno Fernandes, Sergej Milinković-Savić and now Eriksen all coming in for next season according to the press we are in for a great time lads!
Shame we don’t have the money to buy even one of them without selling. The club is being run into the ground by those fecking parasite owners.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I have a feeling he will be but you also have to consider this is no doubt going to take multiple windows not just the one.
Whilst that is true, it should still be possible for a club of our size and stature to sign 3/4/5 first team, quality players in 1 window.

I can't speak for the majority of fans, but I suspect that a lot of the frustration stems from what appears to be a lack of ambition to get us back to the top (footballing wise, not just commercially), which can be infuriating.

Marcelinho87

Whilst that is true, it should still be possible for a club of our size and stature to sign 3/4/5 first team, quality players in 1 window.

I can't speak for the majority of fans, but I suspect that a lot of the frustration stems from us appearing not to be that ambitious, which can be infuriating.
Yep but the problem here is we have acquired so much crap over the last few years which we are finding difficult to shift... we need outs before we take too many in, that is a personal view.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Would you rather he did a Mourinho and set fire to it before the season even begins?
No I would not. Frustration is creeping in. Because you & I both know what "I have faith in these players" truly means.

But yes, I understand Ole had no choice but to come out sounding all positive.

el3mel

Yeah, he had a lot of problems adapting to living abroad it seems. He was loaned out to a small Belgian club, which wasn't much better. He's still young, he might come good, but if he wasn't from Egypt, they wouldn't have bought him I think.
He's an academy product from the local team I support here in Egypt so I have followed him his entire career for now. I think his pace and dribbling will work pretty well in Premier League atmosphere and nature, though he'll have to improve his finishing and obsession with R2 shots. These can improve over the time under proper coaching.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
He's an academy product from the local team I support here in Egypt so I have followed him his entire career for now. I think his pace and dribbling will work pretty well in Premier League atmosphere and nature, though he'll have to improve his finishing and obsession with R2 shots. These can improve over the time under proper coaching.
R2 shot?
Thierry Henry shot?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
wtf does that mean, are you a puppet in Ed's hands now. Be careful Ole, if you will not perform, your talk will come back and bite you.
To be honest I don't think there's much wrong with what he has said.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s always been bad but this Summer has had new levels of Bollocks related to our transfers. It’s just relentless bullshit stories all day and night. I’ve never seen this place lap up so much bollocks either.

Last edited:

SER19

Predictable boring meltdown from some re solskjaer, just 12 months after mourinho crashed and burned for the other approach,which can easily be seen as saying current crop aren't good enough.

Calm down ffs

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Reminds me of FM when I'd panic and mass bid for a bunch of players because it was close to deadline day, and I had no idea what to do to improve my squad and my first choice targets weren't working out. 2 months later, I'd get sacked.

But then, those were FM's high standards. You don't need to worry about that, Woody, do you?

Reynoldo

So Maguire, Fernandes, Longstaff, Pepe, Sms, Eriksen and Dybala in the next 2 weeks ?

7 players ! Woodys been at someone’s Ritalin :devil:
--------Dybala---Pepe---------
Eriksen-----SMS----Fernandes
----------Longstaff----------
Shaw-Maguire-Lindelof-AWB
------------DDG-------------

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
----------------Dybala---Pepe--------------
Eriksen-----SMS/Whatsapp----Fernandes
------------------Longstaff------------------
Shaw------Maguire-----Lindelof-------AWB
---------------------DDG---------------------

Reynoldo

----------------Dybala---Pepe--------------
Eriksen-----SMS/Whatsapp----Fernandes
------------------Longstaff------------------
Shaw------Maguire-----Lindelof-------AWB
---------------------DDG---------------------
ha too slow!

fergosaurus

wtf does that mean, are you a puppet in Ed's hands now. Be careful Ole, if you will not perform, your talk will come back and bite you.
He's praising the players he has while saying he wants more signings that will improve us and not panic buy. What exactly is wrong with what he said?

ArjenIsM3

It means he's trying to build the players' confidence and refuses to publicly throw them under the bus Mourinho-style. He's also saying he's identified targets for Woody to pursue but if he is unable to get them the club won't turn to a subpar player who is available. He's saying we need players but it has to be the right ones and not just any player will do. Honesly I don't see why people are getting mad at Ole for these comments. He's made it very clear he's identified players he wants and it's up to Woody to get them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.