Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
So you want to set a precedent for other clubs? "O look utd are desperate let's squeeze in another 10m"

Initial demand was 80m, now i am seeing 85+10 and if you are happy to pay 90 then you must be happy to pay 95. 2-3 days later you will be happy to pay 100.

Leicester can get fecked with their demands. It's the board that couldn't properly plan for a fallback option or even a stopgap.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the figures reported, no one knows what Leicester's asking price is. The 80 mill, 85 mill, 90 mill reports are at best just estimates and best guesses.

For what it's worth my estimate and best guess is that you'll get him for a cool 80 mill and this time next year everyone will have forgotten the price as you're defence will have improved so much with your Maguire and AWB upgrades.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
10-20 mil is a huge huge money. But for us is not. If you can/want spend 80-85 mil on Maguire then you can buy much better player for 100
But it doesn't appear that you can/want to spend 80-85m on Maguire, that's the thing. In that case, you definitely won't spend 100m+ on Koulibaly.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

It just keeps going up, poor Harry
FFS United, just move on, leave Leicester with a disillusioned player and spend half the money on someone else just as good if not better. Leicester City are just taking the piss.

GBBQ

But it doesn't appear that you can/want to spend 80-85m on Maguire, that's the thing. In that case, you definitely won't spend 100m+ on Koulibaly.
But its not just about the price, its how the deal is structured. Leicester want the majority of the 80 mil up front where Napoli may accept 100 mil in installments over the length of the contract. Its why Arsenal struggled to make deals for Tierney and Zaha but signed Pepe for 80 mil.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why? We wanted Longstaff for 20 but not gor 50 for example. We think that Maguire is 80 mil player. If we think that Koulibaly is 100mil player, we have money to buy him. But seems to me that Ole doesn't think that he is better than Maguire

NYAS

It’s absolutely mad how intensely Zidane doesn’t want Eriksen.

redshaw

If you click the link the text of the article doesn't appear for me, for some reason. What does it say?
Spurs sent two senior officials out to Portugal to close a deal for Fernandes as the club are looking for an alternative to Real Betis star Giovani Lo Celso.

But Sporting are reportedly unhappy with the offer that has been made, re-opening the door for Manchester United to swoop after landing Maguire.

According to Portuguese publication RTP, via SportWitness, Tottenham offered well below Sporting's £64million valuation for the midfield sensation.

RTP adds that there are a number of clubs still interested in Fernandes, and that the midfielder could still leave Sporting Lisbon.
We got Maguire apparently

Note I'm just referring to the article I've quoted about Bruno in this post, it says we landed Maguire. I've no insider knowledge of this.

Last edited:

Alabaster Codify7

Greenwood ain’t gonna wait 2 seasons. If he is a generational talent (that’s how he is described), he must play this year. It’s Garner who can wait
If he is then he'd have no problem dislodging Mandzukic, Lingard, Rashford, Martial or whoever else to get game time.

It's called high level competition, Man United used to have this in bunches back in the day. City have it. Winning teams have serious competition within the squad so that if one guy isn't performing, he loses his place and the new guy gets his shot.

Wonder why we are averaging a 5th place finish since 2013?

redshaw

I'm referring to the Mirror article about Bruno that is quoted in the same post. It says we landed Maguire but obviously we haven't unless Leicester are still working on a replacement and both parties are leaving it unannounced.

DickDastardly

My girlfriend is from Slovenia and I think we might eventually move there due to the weather and quality of life. Unfortunately I need to actually bother to learning the language properly before considering it though
Oh man. Don't.
Ljubljana is a beautiful city, but's it's so fecking small. You'd get bored easily.
Or get pregnant soon, it's a great place for kids. The language is hard to learn, but english will suffice.

Ontopic - how do feck do LC keep pumping up the price every week?

At that price - Harry will be under great pressure to perform. Don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.
He looks levelheaded, but feck me, one mistake and he'll get roasted in the papers and on the world wide web.

Nick7

I'm referring to the Mirror article about Bruno that is quoted in the same post. It says we landed Maguire but obviously we haven't unless Leicester are still working on a replacement and both parties are leaving it unannounced.
Ah sorry. It's too early in the morning for me apparently.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Anybody! Don't really care at this stage. Even a short term fix like Alderweireld for £25m even if just for 2 years would have been good business as we re-establish ourselves at the top. We could then move on the Chuckle Brothers, Rojo etc. and spend big on a new defence in a year or two.

redshaw

Anybody! Don't really care at this stage. Even a short term fix like Alderweireld for £25 even if just for 2 years would have been good business as we re-establish ourselves at the top. We could then move on the Chuckle Brothers, Rojo etc. and spend big on a new defence in a year or two.
Toby is now 40 million or more now as the 25 mill clause has ended.

Treble

What if Juve have used Dybala to involve us in negoatiations in order to get Lukaku and sell us Mandzukic? They are supposed to get some cash from City for Cancelo.

Josep Dowling

The whole thing is a farce. We had an opportunity to buy Alderweirald for £25m. Maybe he would have been on high wages but the cost of Maguire is far outweighing that cost.

It would have sorted CB for at least 2 seasons and I can’t see him turning us down considering his salary at Spur, we could easily double it. That would given us more money to buy a CM and a RW, thought we keep ignoring the RW position for some reason.

Why aren’t we in for Van Der Beek as well? Again obtainable, was good in every Champions League game I saw, Young and more importantly fits into the same position as Herrera did.

The Board, scouts and management are simply clueless on identifying players we need. They see a shiny new toy every summer and waste too much time trying to land them.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'd snap your hand off for Mandzukic at €15m. Hard-working, experienced, versatile forward who chips in with enough goals and assists.

manuchamp88

Are you not aware you can't get lower league transfer news anywhere else on the internet?

It's a godsend to like 3-4 lads on here.
Twitter? That is where the news comes from and they wouldn't have see our news either. Plus, it is a Manchester United forum afterall...

stari

:lol:

Alderweireld is a few tiers above any of your current CBs.
But hes not particularly good in the air...one of the main reasons we are looking at Mcguire. imo CB partnerships are about finding a balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
But if he wants a 5 year contract on huge wages that would be a mistake. I can see why would we steer clear in that case.
It's a difficult one. He has shown no signs of decline and defender can easily play well into their 30s, but indeed - if you give him a huge 5-year deal, you're tied to him until he's 35 and that might push things a bit.

It's a difficult one for Utd because on one hand you want to improve yourself but on the other hand you feel like you're being charged ridiculous prices left right and center in order to do so. In that respect I feel like you've been a victim of your own success/wealth recently.

Dan_F

If you're not from a Slavic country start trying now, as far as I can tell from foreigners here it's a bitch of a language to learn :lol:

Also Ljubljana is great, western part of the country is mostly very livable, but I'd like to shoot myself in the head whenever I've stuff to do in the east.
Oh man. Don't.
Ljubljana is a beautiful city, but's it's so fecking small. You'd get bored easily.
Or get pregnant soon, it's a great place for kids. The language is hard to learn, but english will suffice.

Ontopic - how do feck do LC keep pumping up the price every week?

At that price - Harry will be under great pressure to perform. Don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.
He looks levelheaded, but feck me, one mistake and he'll get roasted in the papers and on the world wide web.
I know phrases, numbers etc. I know you can get by without it pretty comfortably, but job wise it would be impossible for me without it.

I’m actually waiting to fly out now for two weeks, and holiday are always give you a distorted view of a place, but I love it there. I don’t live in a big city in the UK so it doesn’t really bother me too much that Ljubljana is small.

Matt007a

Alderweireld at £25m for 2 years worth of prime level is the same as Maguire for 6 years at £75m in the long run. Plus you’ve got the benefit of not having to do this rodeo again in 2 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.