Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Futurista

Why? For thinking its pointless investing that long into a old striker.
If he can teach some of our youngsters the true warrior spirit he possess, then that would be worth it in itself.

Also, coming of the bench when we're chasing a big game he can be very useful with pulling in defenders. He's a massive guy! Think he'll do okay here for the price qouted.

jesperjaap

Everton always look like they’ve recruited well and are in for a great season. Then, inevitably, it turns to shite
Not even just Everton, the managers whole career in the premiership, he looks like he has recruited really well, looks to be doing a fantastic job, then at some point looks close to the sack. Like him as a manager but none of his sides seem be good for a season, impression he is temperamental

jesperjaap

Hopefully this will stop the rumours about Pogba leaving. Prob not though.

Donny van de Beek has confirmed that Real Madrid are in talks with Ajax over his transfer.

"It is true that Madrid are in talks with Ajax, but I can't say any more," Van de Beek told Fox Sports following a 2-2 draw with Vitesse in the opening Eredivisie game of the season.

"My agent will have spoken with them. Real Madrid are a great club to play for, but Ajax are still a great club. We'll see what happens."
Strange signing in my opinion, did really well for Ajax last year but strikes me as more as a technical hard working cog in a team and not a Madrid player at all

BlueHaze

Makes me a little confused.. If we wanted to do a player swap deal with Juventus why didn't we just get Kean? If Dybala says no this will all have just been a waste of time and Kean from what I've seen live honestly looks like a player with super high potential.

Woodzy

Makes me a little confused.. If we wanted to do a player swap deal with Juventus why didn't we just get Kean? If Dybala says no this will all have just been a waste of time and Kean from what I've seen live honestly looks like a player with super high potential.
We have more than enough players with super high potential. We need a player that can transform our team right now.

pacifictheme

How many players do we want with potential? We need some proven players at some point. I really like kean but i'd sooner have dybala. And i doubt his agent would be in london negotiating if dybala was that against the move.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
You don't just ignore the possibility of signing a player of Dybala's quality if you have the chance. It's worth the risk.

jesperjaap

If Lukaku and Dybala are a straight swap, then we taking Mario as part of the deal is a good compromise for all parties.

It's a 2 year deal with the club having an option for the 3rd.

Experienced and hard working option from the bench.

Ofcourse those that think 17 year old kids should be given minutes won't agree. They're still deluding themselves with romantic fantasies.
Seen time and time again kids get built up for them to turn to shit when the hustle and bustle of the adult game hits them week in week out.
But we already have Sanchez, Lingard, Mata, Greenwood, Gomes, Martial, Chong, Rashford and THREE of those that are not teenagers can play as a striker. No need to sign a erplacement striker unless we are looking to offload Sanchez which doesnt seem to be the case at the moment. The 17 year olds wont be playing week in week out, more likely from the bench mainly and most not so often anyway.
Never been a fan of Mandzukic though what he does he does well, reason he has been at big clubs, but for me doesnt make any sense at all

turbobear

So seeing as we reportedly agreed terms with Mandzukic, am I the only one that doesn't want him at our club?

jesperjaap

Think a lot of people be going mental if we sell Lukaku and get Mandzukic. Persoanlly just be happy to be rid of Lukaku. Agree though for under £30m he is an absolute steal and people will say he takes minutes away from Greenwood....well so does Manduzkic and then you can say that is short term.......what about the fact Rashford and/or Martial will be our number one striker anyway.

jesperjaap

We have more than enough players with super high potential. We need a player that can transform our team right now.
Do you think apart from spirit and experience Mandzukic does that? Most seem to be saying he will be great from the bench like Llorente

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Taking a while to officially announce Maguire
£80m isn't spent so quickly. I'm pretty sure if you had that kind of cash you'd be pretty thorough spending such sums.

Probably be announced in the morning now. Maybe with Mandzukic and Dybala being announced subject to medicals too. Let's hope.

Woodzy

Do you think apart from spirit and experience Mandzukic does that? Most seem to be saying he will be great from the bench like Llorente
He’s referring to Dybala, which is why he says we could be wasting our time I feel he says no.

Josep Dowling

Personally think Mandzukic is a good buy. He isn’t there to score 20 a season. He can hold the ball up and play others in. Good in the air, strong, hard working. Not every single signing we makes has to be a £50m player. I don’t understand why people are scared of players being over 30 as well.

roseguy64

Yes, nowadays most clubs do use FM/CM. In the Quickly Kevin podcast with Josh widdicombe, they had one of the founders? Miles Jacobsen on and he said they had a lot more details than that is in the game itself and most club buy those from them. Interesting thing was, FM has the biggest scouting network of any club or country.
He's not one of the founders. He runs the company while they work for it. Not sure if they still do but they did up to a few years ago. Got someone in to run it while they focused on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.