Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

What are we doing! we are such a joke of a club! woodward is a disgrace! linked to this player all summer and are being made a laughing stock!! we are an embarassment ! we need to replace players who have left!! only united could be so incompent!! the sky is falling !!

Oh wait it's a Spurs transfer. Good on them for not being bullied! Levy is a great negotiator! Why arent we ran like spurs ! Spurs are doing so great in the transfer market!

JohnZSmith27

Translation?
Busy day, full of backstage. A premise: Juventus has decided to sell both Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic for a matter of capital gains and technical-tactical choices, there is no rain on this. Paulo is expected in the next few hours for medical examinations and for the first training under Sarri's orders . Sarri himself has not yet spoken to Dybala and is waiting for communications from the company. Mandzukic has a total agreement with Manchester United and it is not said that it does not also apply in case of shipwreck of the Lukaku-Dybala exchange between Juve and the Red Devils. United likes Matuidi, but for the moment there were no lunges. Within continuous evolutions anything can still happen, but the fundamental basis is that Juve does not count on Dybala and Mandzukic for the season that will officially start soon. Dybala continued to take time, rejecting the proposals and not accepting them completely. Despite a base of 11 million more bonuses per season and despite the intense encounters between his agent and United. From England they claim that Manchester has finally given up its hold on Paulo: they may be right, but we would wait. The Inter in all this is ready to get back in the game for Lukaku, we have always said that the Nerazzurri hope would have been linked to Dybala's no. And hope is nourished if the Argentine continues to stand sideways, elementary. The Nerazzurri valid offer is that of several weeks ago, close to 70 million plus any bonuses, we will see if Inter will raise again up to 75 million more bonuses, having long since found the agreement with the Belgian. We will see above all if Juve will resign, there is Mandzukic at stake and after a long chase in Lukaku the risk of Inter's controsorpasso would be a lethal blow. That's why we would still wait. Also taking into account the very cold reports that would further condition - at least on paper, talking about it today - any talk about Icardi .

RobbieBerns

I’m willing to give more credence to the Italian press reporting that the deal isn’t as dead in the water as it may seem. Remember about a week ago when word started to come out in the English press that United have firmly moved away from Maguire and have started looking into other CB options? This reeks of Woody calling Dybala’s bluff. He knows that Juve have burnt all bridges possible with the player, so Dybala has no legs to stand on if he wants to come in and demand otherworldly wages and agent fees.

Reactions: langster

Fooza

Sounds like the Italian press are mouth pieces for Juve who are desperate for this to happen. Its over... I'm still fuming that it took nearly a week for this to happen, what a joke. I really have no faith in the remaining last 4 days, seems it takes ages for our transfers to get done.

Jersey Heel

I was psyched to get Dybala, but if his heart isn’t into coming here, screw it. We’ll be selling him in a year.

Giggsyking

Haha I know, I’m just critiquing the constant moaning that every clubs is doing better transfer business than us, when in reality everyone is finding it hard this summer
you are forgetting the fact that we are 30 points behind the title contenders shity and looserpool, and we must do very much better than every other club to close the gap or think of competing for the title.

Judas

Open to offers
Now this feels like a Utd end to the transfer window. Dybala stuff is very unsurprising.

If we sell Lukaku without bringing in a replacement, I’ll be furious. Mandzukic wouldn’t count either, he’s not a starter.

What a mess, and some people are still desperate to think we were close to signing Bruno :lol:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We will accept this, which is below what we purchased him for, and have no time for a replacement. Brilliant business.
We have till Thursday 5PM. I am not sure if you are aware, but this is Manchester United. A club of our size should have no problems quickly wrapping up a replacement.

Money is not as much of an issue as signing the right replacement. I just hope Ed gets that right.

I would much rather accept Inter's offer instead of getting Dybala. Use the funds to get Bruno instead who at least would be more determined to prove himself and put in full shifts on the field as compared to Dybala.

Also, since you mentioned accepting an offer lower than what we paid for Lukaku, you might want to remind yourself that even the offered amount is more than you or me would have paid for the guy had we been the ones signing him.

Tiber

United rejected a bid last week of £27.4 million and James Rodriguez for Pogba.
What an insulting offer. A pittance plus a player neither Real or United want.

Must have been played for the sole reason of unsettling Pogba

pacifictheme

Great so we can instead end up with a net spend of what £60-80m, maybe less by the time you count further sales.

This transfer window has been on a knife edge and right now we are just getting cut!

The signings so far are good, but our midfield is seriously lacking quality and our forward line is seriously lacking creativity.

We need more ASAP!
Mandzukic is a waste if lukaku stays.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Mandzukic has a total agreement with Manchester United and it is not said that it does not also apply in case of shipwreck of the Lukaku-Dybala exchange between Juve and the Red Devils. United likes Matuidi, but for the moment there were no lunges. .
Matuidi is a great fit, but too old. He's 32 now, so would only offer a season max.

2E_MUFC

Pogba should look at that supposed offer and think is that how highly value him. Bigger joke of a club than us.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I’m willing to give more credence to the Italian press reporting that the deal isn’t as dead in the water as it may seem. Remember about a week ago when word started to come out in the English press that United have firmly moved away from Maguire and have started looking into other CB options? This reeks of Woody calling Dybala’s bluff. He knows that Juve have burnt all bridges possible with the player, so Dybala has no legs to stand on if he wants to come in and demand otherworldly wages and agent fees.
Ed is flexing alright.

croadyman

Now this feels like a Utd end to the transfer window. Dybala stuff is very unsurprising.

If we sell Lukaku without bringing in a replacement, I’ll be furious. Mandzukic wouldn’t count either, he’s not a starter.

What a mess, and some people are still desperate to think we were close to signing Bruno :lol:
I totally cannot understand how Ole doesn't see that Matic really slows our play down through the middle, not buying any midfielders in this window is so negligent and is going to leave us so short of quality in that area of the pitch.

I am not too bothered about Dybala because we had much more pressing issues than him such as a RW which we have failed to address yet again.

Regarding this deal I don't buy into us not being willing to pay agent fees when we were more than happy to do it for Pogba and same with wages and Sanchez.

I really think we needed a DM & CM at the start of the summer too but seeing as we could only get one now, which of the two would people prefer given the choice.

Last edited:

Dong Fangzhuo

I totally cannot understand how Ole doesn't see that Matic really slows our play down through the middle, not buying any midfielders in this window is so negligent and is going to leave us so short of quality in that area of the pitch.

I am not too bothered about Dybala because we had much more pressing issues than him such as a RW which we have failed to address yet again.

I really think we needed a DM & CM at the start of the summer too but seeing as we could only get one now, which of the two would people prefer given the choice.
DM 100%. If Matic plays in most games this season we are fecked.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Ed and United get uber shit for buying players at inflated prices.

Ed and United get uber shit for not bargaining or negotiating over ridiculously low ball offers for players.

Ed and United get uber shit for not selling players at prices expected from fan base.

Ed and United get uber shit for not selling players the fans feel aren't up to the job.

Ed and United get uber shit for not buying the players the fans want because they have sèen them on FIFA or feel They have seen them enough to know better than everyone else.

Ed and United get uber shit, often without reason or understanding and maybe, just maybe, they should be given a little credit and love and support and encouragement rather than constant negativity. The majority of which is often knee jerk and misplaced.

diarm

Ed and United get uber shit for not bargaining or negotiating over ridiculously low ball offers for players.

Ed and United get uber shit for not selling players at prices expected from fan base.

Ed and United get uber shit for not selling players the fans feel aren't up to the job.

Ed and United get uber shit for not buying the players the fans want because they have sèen them on FIFA or feel They have seen them enough to know better than everyone else.

Ed and United get uber shit, often without reason or understanding and maybe, just maybe, they should be given a little credit and love and support and encouragement rather than constant negativity. The majority of which is often knee jerk and misplaced.
I wrote a post saying similar about the events of the last few days but by and large, Ed and United deserve what criticism comes their way.

Clubs with coherent and we'll executed long term strategy don't come in for the same criticism because they succeed. United have been underachieving for 6 or 7 years now and it's not because of bad luck.

The buck stops with Ed and whether it's his ego, financial constraints or just plain negligence, he has been making poor decisions for too long to get a free pass after finally making a couple of good ones.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Absolute straw man argument

Status
Not open for further replies.