g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If Ole is really happy then he is either clueless or has resigned himself to the fact he'll be sacked before the end of the season as there's no way he's getting top 4, the front 4 is trash and easily the worst of the top 6 bar Chelsea.
I will bookmark this delightful positive comment and get back to you once again next year when the season ends with Manchester United on third.

TsuWave

Not sure that any of them are natural partnerships for pogba in a 2 bar perhaps ndombele at a stretch. They are all more pogba replacements than matic replacements.
Yes, we do need a bonafide DM, but I’m not one for arguing about which players compliment each other off of eye test alone. That wasn’t the point I was making either way. We lost Herrera and Fellaini, and even when we had them we still needed midfield options, the fact we have not replaced them is negligent in my eyes, and Pogba shouldn’t be expected to carry the creative burden from midfield alone.

Bogga

"I'm gonna tell you a secret, but you gotta promise not to get mad"
"Wait, what? How can I promise not to get mad when I don't know what it is!"
"I'm only going to tell if you promise not to get mad!"

Fooza

So even if your Logic is correct (which it isn't - defenders are outfield players) - defenders in the modern game have a huge influence on the attack. AWB will start a lot of Counters by winning the ball more often - Maguire will play the ball out of defense with more accuracy or/and Power - and he will contribute a lot more at our set-pieces.

You can't Counter-attack if you don't win the ball - AWB and Maguire are 2 of the best in the business at winning the ball.
Counter attack won't work all the time, who will unlock stubborn defences, who will get us consistent goals. Who really will be our consistent attack force. So many unanswered questions from a terrible window.

Devil may care

I will bookmark this delightful positive comment and get back to you once again next year when the season ends with Manchester United on third.
I'll be eagerly awaiting your post, but I'm about as sure it isn't coming as I am that I'm never getting a date with Scarlett Johansson or going to own a McLaren 720s.

Fooza

It's a shame you've missed out on the pre-season games, they have been an absolute delight to watch. Especially the game against Tottenham.
I'll judge after 5 pl games, pre season ain't a base. Spurs were very unfit at the game having played only 1 game before too.

UnitedObsession99

Literally no chance are we beating Spurs to 3rd as things stand. Their team/ squad is much better and they've made quality signings.

4th will be doable but not easy. We need quality midfield reinforcement, as otherwise relying too much on unproven or past it players

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But how will they know we will accept it if they don't name a price?
They're using the agent to try and lower your demands. Basically they don't want to offer the £75m

NoMidfielders

I agree we shouldn't be loaning Smalling out but if a good cash offer comes in I'd take it, shifting players has been a real challenge and I'd rather we give third choice minutes to Tuanzebe now.

Crashoutcassius

Yes, we do need a bonafide DM, but I’m not one for arguing about which players compliment each other off of eye test alone. That wasn’t the point I was making either way. We lost Herrera and Fellaini, and even when we had them we still needed midfield options, the fact we have not replaced them is negligent in my eyes, and Pogba shouldn’t be expected to carry the creative burden from midfield alone.
I hear you but I guess we just paid 52m for fred, we seem to be moving to a double pivot so it is okay to have 1-2 less midfielders and mctominay is growing into role. We will see who plays but I think 4 to 5 is the number of centre miss you need and the defensive role is the more pressing of the 2.

Easy to forget that fred player the deeper of a double pivot with shaktar to good effect. He has killed everyone's hopes by missing first week of pre season but if it was this summer and everyone was in for him and we brought him in for 52m everyone would say midfield is sorted. I watched the tifo video on him recently and his strength was collecting the ball at the back and playing high risk passes to the front 4.. sounds a bit like what He tried to do last season but just got pressure on him much faster than he is used to.

My main hope for this year is that with a stronger and quite defensive back 4 we can just play 4 attackers and 2 ball players in cm and just get away it...

Infra-red

Counter attack won't work all the time, who will unlock stubborn defences, who will get us consistent goals. Who really will be our consistent attack force. So many unanswered questions from a terrible window.
We are relying on Rashford suddenly learning how to shoot and one of the kids to step up (Gomes?) to create some chances. We also need Fred and Martial to have great seasons and Pogba to find some consistency (Euros next summer will hopefully motivate him). If all of that happens, we should be ok for top 6.

mad1max954

I like Lukaku and have defended his performances. I was only in favour of selling him if we had a replacement ready. But the way he's acting, from what I can see, is disgraceful. Also, how can Anderlecht let him train with them, even if it is the U18s? I'd be really angry with Utd if we did the same thing with another player.
Guess it’s Kompany the wanker. Probably enjoying it.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Actually really happy Ole has come out and stated Smalling is integral to the team. Just what I wanted to hear. Just what I expected to hear. In the top 3 CB’s we have in our team right now. 1) Maguire, 2) Smalling and 3) Lindelof. I prefer Smalling over the ice man.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
The fact that we paid so much for this lump that the only suitors now are basically inter (Juve only wanted him in a swap), puts us in an awful position if we want to get rid of him. Another absolute shocking transfer by Ed Woodward. Our scouts seriously need firing.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Solskjaer doesn't play Smalling for 3 pre season games, yet sees him as an integral part of the defence :houllier: wonder how many games he'll play throughout the season

Infra-red

Solskjaer doesn't play Smalling for 3 pre season games, yet sees him as an integral part of the defence :houllier: wonder how many games he'll play throughout the season
To be fair, he's probably a better fit with Maguire than Lindelof is (for reasons of pace). If we want to press this season, then we'll need to play a high line and that means exposing our defence to lots of runs in behind.

Get rid of Jones and Rojo before the end of the window, Maguire, Smalling, Lindelof and Tuanzebe as the four CBs (Bailly to be sold when he recovers from the injury).

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Actually really happy Ole has come out and stated Smalling is integral to the team. Just what I wanted to hear. Just what I expected to hear. In the top 3 CB’s we have in our team right now. 1) Maguire, 2) Smalling and 3) Lindelof. I prefer Smalling over the ice man.
He still passes the ball like a 6 year old though, there is no escaping that.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If Ole is really happy then he is either clueless or has resigned himself to the fact he'll be sacked before the end of the season as there's no way he's getting top 4, the front 4 is trash and easily the worst of the top 6 bar Chelsea.
That's right, the man who is working day in day out with these guys for the last 9 months is clueless compared to say, some random guys and girls on an internet forum who have never managed in professional football or played at the highest level.

The level of disrespect for our manager, a club legend no less, is getting quite hard to take. I'd welcome the mods taking a bit of a stance on it. I'm not asking for a RAWK like ban on criticism, but the stuff like calling him a shill, a stooge, clueless, an idiot, etc would not be permitted if aimed at another poster, but fine if it's directed at our manager.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Was hoping today would be full of tweets about us chasing players. Instead it's full of us struggling to get rid of the deadwood.

Infra-red

He still passes the ball like a 6 year old though, there is no escaping that.
Solskjaer doesn't seem to be particularly bothered about building up from the back, so the passing ability (or lack thereof) of his defenders probably won't be a concern (see AWB).

Scotty McT

We’d be idiots to sell Smalling ahead of Bailly, Jones and Rojo. It would be a shocking decision.
Disagreed.

I mean, I agree that it would be an idiotic thing to do but it wouldn't be shocking for the club to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.