Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcow

Our only chance to get rid of him. His wages are going to cause a huge problem even if we offer him as free.
Nobody on this forum seems to understand how this works. Sanchez is going no where unless we pay him off. There is about £26m left to pay him between now and contract expiry. Why on earth would he and his agent agree to leave now for free when the best offer he will get from another European club would likely be £70 or £80k per week -based on his performances over the last 3 years. It is clear to everybody now that he is past it and worth no more than that.

He doesnt need to go to China due to what he is earning at united (earning is probably not the right word!)

He would be mad to leave us on a free. The only option is to send him elsewhere on loan and pay about 80% of his wages. Its slightly better than having him at the club financial speaking and a whole lot better for dressing room spirit it would seem.

Reactions: Fortitude

Gordon S

Swap for Ighalo?
Not the worst idea, Shanghai gets a player with a bigger name and we get a player we need more. Sanchez gets to play football and Ighalo gets to live his dream for another couple of seasons. Its a win win if ever i saw one.

dev1l

Not the worst idea, Shanghai gets a player with a bigger name and we get a player we need more. Sanchez gets to play football and Ighalo gets to live his dream for another couple of seasons. Its a win win if ever i saw one.
The Chinese are not that stupid. Sanchez is crocked.

Gordon S

The Chinese are not that stupid. Sanchez is crocked.
Was only joking, no one is going to offer him even half of what he is getting from us. Unless he finds his old form by some miracle, we will have to offer him on loan again and pay most of his wages.

Craig Ward

Nobody on this forum seems to understand how this works. Sanchez is going no where unless we pay him off. There is about £26m left to pay him between now and contract expiry. Why on earth would he and his agent agree to leave now for free when the best offer he will get from another European club would likely be £70 or £80k per week -based on his performances over the last 3 years. It is clear to everybody now that he is past it and worth no more than that.

He doesnt need to go to China due to what he is earning at united (earning is probably not the right word!)

He would be mad to leave us on a free. The only option is to send him elsewhere on loan and pay about 80% of his wages. Its slightly better than having him at the club financial speaking and a whole lot better for dressing room spirit it would seem.
Very true. The Sanchez deal is the absolute worst deal we could have ever done.

However it happens - we need Sanchez out of this club

Devil may care

Whitwell saying a young recruit could be sought but isn't a priority right now. I personally hope we go for Ibrahima Konate from RBL in 2021. He would before long be our best CB IMO.

I know @bucky is a fan of Konate as well, is his contract up in 2021? As I think after Maguire every team we go to for a CB is going to try and fleece us.

Inter seem to be confused about how the arragement works regarding the players we sell them.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why would we be interested in Lemar ? He don't play at right. We already have Bruno and Rashford in centre and left.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
dont think he improves us at all. we need a player for our right side. Announce Sancho already!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think the club still after another floating player. Feel Lingard is gone.

dev1l

Fall back option, incase we don't get Sancho?
That's my impression too. though he s left footed, and prefers left wing, I read somewhere he also can play RW and CAM.
His stock is also down.at the moment so I presume he won't cost a lot

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I really like Chiesa. He's supremely talented and he's an absolute workhorse.
Be very hard to prize him from Italy though.

RedDevilRoshi

Hope that Lemar link is a load of shite. Last position that needs strengthening is LW. Not what we need.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I know @bucky is a fan of Konate as well, is his contract up in 2021? As I think after Maguire every team we go to for a CB is going to try and fleece us.

Inter seem to be confused about how the arragement works regarding the players we sell them.
I think it's Upamecano who could be available on a free in 2021 due to his contract expiring in the same year. Konate if I'm not mistaken has a contract until 2023 and would be the better buy IMO.

Lee565

Lemar was good before joining the ultra defensive Atletico, same as felix, maybe Atletico aren't set up to the benefit of it's attackers.

We saw how badly our flair players were shackled under Mourinho and simeone is pretty similar in style of football.

croadyman

Lemar was good before joining the ultra defensive Atletico, same as felix, maybe Atletico aren't set up to the benefit of it's attackers.

We saw how badly our flair players were shackled under Mourinho and simeone is pretty similar in style of football.
I am not averse to him if we go all out for Sancho but he decides to sign for someone else,you always need to have a decent backup plan if you can't get your top target.

I know that Brooks is another player that has been touted on here but hard to see us making a move when he has been injured all season.

-Supreme-

Hopefully that's because we've given him assurances that he'll get first team football sooner and will revisit it after a season or two.
Yep - over the mid to long term I have no doubt he will earn a lot more here if he succeeds

There is absolute no need for him to move aboard at his age with his talent.

pascell

Yep - over the mid to long term I have no doubt he will earn a lot more here if he succeeds

There is absolute no need for him to move aboard at his age with his talent.
That's it, we're clearly trying to do the right here and not offering too much, too soon. If we'd have gazumped Dortmunds offer completely, it wouldve left us in a tricky predicament in contract negotiations down the line, seems we've learnt from the Sanchez debacle.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
God I hope he chooses us. It would be so exciting to have someone like him, in addition to Greenwood, Williams and hopefully Hannibal in the first team squad soon.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What's interesting about this article is that the journo is well connected to Birmingham City and he also seems to be suggesting a Sancho to Man Utd move looks a very real possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.