Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Pawelek

We should be all over this, he's a really exciting player and for 18M would be a real bargain.
Other CDMs are available from just relegated sides:
Contacted to:​
Club​
Age​
Jun 20​
Werder Bremen​
Nuri Sahin​
31​
Jun 21​
Brescia​
Sandro Tonali​
19​
Jun 22​
Watford​
Etienne Capoue​
32​
Although 2 are passing their prime and the 3rd is Italian and probably going to stay in Italy. Nuri Sahin on a free?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Club​
Age​
Jun 20​
Werder Bremen​
Nuri Sahin​
31​
Jun 21​
Brescia​
Sandro Tonali​
19​
Jun 22​
Watford​
Etienne Capoue​
32​
Although 2 are passing their prime and the 3rd is Italian and probably going to stay in Italy. Nuri Sahin on a free?
Bremen did not get relegated and Sahin was too bad even for them. You want none of that near United.

Dazzmondo

Club​
Age​
Jun 20​
Werder Bremen​
Nuri Sahin​
31​
Jun 21​
Brescia​
Sandro Tonali​
19​
Jun 22​
Watford​
Etienne Capoue​
32​
Can also add Ibrahim Sangare from Toulouse (22)

ArjenIsM3

It's business. They have to get as much money as possible so they can reinvest to try to stay in PL. Just because of a player contribute however significantly, doesn't mean the club would just let go easy. By your logic, Ronaldo would have been allowed to go without any transfer fee involved by Real Madrid?
Not without a transfer fee obviously. I never suggested that. In a lot of these situations there's a gentleman's agreement that they can go for a decent fee if they for example stay for 1 more season and don't kick up a fuss. 40 million is still a decent amount for a player with his pedigree. For example, Ziyech cost Chelsea an initial fee of 33 million pounds and Ajax had a gentleman's agreement with him that they wouldn't ask for insane amounts so he could pursue his dreams while they still made a profit on him.

ti vu

Not without a transfer fee obviously. I never suggested that. In a lot of these situations there's a gentleman's agreement that they can go for a decent fee if they for example stay for 1 more season and don't kick up a fuss. 40 million is still a decent amount for a player with his pedigree. For example, Ziyech cost Chelsea an initial fee of 33 million pounds and Ajax had a gentleman's agreement with him that they wouldn't ask for insane amounts so he could pursue his dreams while they still made a profit on him.
I meant Ronaldo did for Madrid so much for what they paid us to get him. With all the gentleman's agreement and such, in Ronaldo case, you know what I meant.

It's still a business. Situation can vary. Villa is a club fighting to stay in PL. Very different to that of Ajax, or Real Madrid. Villa is in no position to be "gentle" in their approach, and risk relegation Atheneum losing players the following season for peanuts. All these gentlemen's agreement still have to ensure the clubs would be on stable ground going forward. Aston Villa deems 80 mil is what it takes. Sound ridiculous to us, but we're in no position to say it's wrong. Covids-19 may affect the market, and all, but not long ago 30mil only gets you decent mid table player. Villa being cautious is reasonable. If it's our club, we may think twice.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Gent chairman Ivan de Witte confirms that Leeds have made a better offer for Jonathan David than Lille have.

Full translated quotes:
The contacts [with Lille] came to a standstill this week, but we've received interest from other clubs, with much better proposals even, including Leeds. However, I explained again to Jonathan that we want him to play for us this season, although there are still some challenges.
So it appears that David name-dropped Lille once he knew about their interest. He does want to leave for sure, and I only hope as a Canadian United fan that he leaves for any team other than Leeds.

sparx99

Liverpool went from a circa 70 point season to 97 points within a year. It's a monumental task but it is possible.
Leicester went from 41pts to 81pts!

In all seriousness though if any season is likely to be unpredictable its going to be the coming season. Short turnaround and a tight fixture schedule could see a much lower winning points total. I wouldn't be surprised if 85-87pts won it next year.

sparx99

If Grealish leaves it’ll be for comfortably less than 80mil.
I'd be surprised if Grealish didn't have an agreement with Villa at a reasonable price. He's given a season in the championship and now in the Prem out of loyalty.

sparx99

It's not just Allison and Van Dijk. The players that were there improved massively. The likes of Robertson, TAA, Wijnaldum, Sane etc found new gears. People need to forget this idea that it's simply significant that will get us to be where we want to be. The likes of Martial, Rashford, Pogba Maguire etc have to step up.
Sane? Oh, you mean Sadio Mane! Tbf - our attacking players are a very good age to keep improving. Maguire and AWB should be better for having a year behind them at the club. They won't be moving house or getting used to a new manager, new teammates, and new routine.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How are they seemingly having such a free run at him? Primed for us or Chelsea to swoop in!
Yeah given that we really need a backup for Matic. The only reason I see is that Pogba might be staying and then we have too many midfielders - McFred, Matic and Poggers

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Yeah given that we really need a backup for Matic. The only reason I see is that Pogba might be staying and then we have too many midfielders - McFred, Matic and Poggers
We certainly have depth in numbers, but only Matic can play CDM and he's no spring chicken.

sparx99

He doesn't say. He just says that a right winger, centre back, creative midfielder and a striker is what is needed.
I don't get the need for a striker. If Sancho signs we have Martial backed up by Ighalo (until Jan) and Greenwood and Rashford can play there.

Attacking depth would be

ST
Martial
Greenwood
Ighalo

RW
Sancho
Greenwood
Chong

LW
Rashford
James
Sancho

This assumes Mata, Lingard, Sanchez etc are sold and if we add Grealish as well then he adds further options to no10 and LW.

sparx99

It’s been like that for years. Very annoying.
Also, £20m is not that much % wise on an £80m transfer. If we were trying to sign someone for £8m and another team said £10m then it would seem obvious to settle at £9m. It just seems worse cos the numbers are bigger.

SAFMUTD

Club​
Age​
Jun 20​
Werder Bremen​
Nuri Sahin​
31​
Jun 21​
Brescia​
Sandro Tonali​
19​
Jun 22​
Watford​
Etienne Capoue​
32​
I wouldnt touch Sahin nor Capoue with a stick, we should stay clear of those no where near the quality. Tonali is really promising, but he wont leave Italy.

Nick7

Club​
Age​
Jun 20​
Werder Bremen​
Nuri Sahin​
31​
Jun 21​
Brescia​
Sandro Tonali​
19​
Jun 22​
Watford​
Etienne Capoue​
32​
Jesus no :lol::lol::lol:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Unless he's getting double or triple his current wage, why would Partey want to swap perennial Champions League contender and one of Spain's best clubs for Arsenal? That's a pretty substantial step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.