Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4YON

Top of wolves priority list is João Palhinha.

Defensive midfielder,
25 Years old,
€30m needed to secure him.

Infra-red

€14m bid for United rejected considered ridiculous by Atletico Madrid.

Release clause is set at €40m, and a fee of around €35m should be enough to satisfy the Spanish champions.
€35m for a 30 year old Trippier, does not striker me as particularly good value.

Kostov

I'm confused so you don't think we should buy a RB at all or we should only buy one for 5m?

Why do you think he's only worth 5m? You've said average a few times but that's clearly not true.
First of all, yes I don't think we should buy a RB, when we have Wiilliams, Dalot and Laird still on our books, and secondly not in a window where we have some other pressing needs.

On the other hand Trippier is really average as they come RBs, he was one at Spurs and still is, just older. I would pretty much appreciate him as a squad option if we can get him on something like the 5m mentioned, since as far as I know he is in the last year of his contract. The 20-40m quoted is ridiculous and stupid for a position that should be really down the priority line.

theklr

First of all, yes I don't think we should buy a RB, when we have Wiilliams, Dalot and Laird still on our books, and secondly not in a window where we have some other pressing needs.
Any idea how lucky we were with AWB not having almost no injury /downtime last season?

The drop off in quality to those three you mention is pretty big.

I agree that maybe not Trippier is the perfect back up, but we need something better than those.

8thWonder

On the other hand Trippier is really average as they come RBs, he was one at Spurs and still is, just older. I would pretty much appreciate him as a squad option if we can get him on something like the 5m mentioned, since as far as I know he is in the last year of his contract. The 20-40m quoted is ridiculous and stupid for a position that should be really down the priority line.
:lol: Keep flogging that horse!! Make sure everyone knows!!

Not that i'm overly fussed on signing him either to be honest, however, it's undeniable that he would be better than the squad options we have already, no?

If it takes away from signing the obvious rw, midfielder, cb then totally agreed, don't do it. If its on top of that as a back up rb and can be done relatively cheaply, then it's a no brainer isn't it.

And technically according to Fifa there are 1598 clubs from 168 leagues around the world. All would presumably have at least 2 right backs, including youth products and most would have 3 or 4. So a conservative estimate would be almost 5000 paid right backs in the world.

So by average you mean, one of the best right backs in the world right? Just for clarification...

Kostov

Any idea how lucky we were with AWB not having almost no injury /downtime last season?

The drop off in quality to those three you mention is pretty big.

I agree that maybe not Trippier is the perfect back up, but we need something better than those.
Yes we were. But even more lucky with Maguire not braking down and leaving us with the Lindelof/Bailly/Tuanzebe options for example. My point is, I think a quality CB partner for Maguire should be the priority. And I really don't think Williams is that bad of an option, he barely played because Ole very rarely rotates and you can't expect a kid to develop with the little game time he got. Trippier would be a fine option, but for the right price.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
And WC players in most (if not all) positions of the pitch... Is like saying Lewis Hamilton drives quicker in his F1 car than his private Mercedes.
Kante makes a difference whoever he plays for. He’s a one off

Kostov

:lol: Keep flogging that horse!! Make sure everyone knows!!
Everybody knows, or the ones who actually watch him play, besides his crossing, most of his quality is average as they come.

Not that i'm overly fussed on signing him either to be honest, however, it's undeniable that he would be better than the squad options we have already, no?
He would, I am not saying otherwise, but not for the prices quoted, and that is my point. Athletico bought him for 22m 2 years ago in a much better financial climate, why would we pay the same when he is 31 now and in the last year of his contract, coming out of a global pandemic?

If it takes away from signing the obvious rw, midfielder, cb then totally agreed, don't do it. If its on top of that as a back up rb and can be done relatively cheaply, then it's a no brainer isn't it.
I think 5m is cheaply in this case, what is cheap in your opinion?

And technically according to Fifa there are 1598 clubs from 168 leagues around the world. All would presumably have at least 2 right backs, including youth products and most would have 3 or 4. So a conservative estimate would be almost 5000 paid right backs in the world.

So by average you mean, one of the best right backs in the world right? Just for clarification...
So we can call Matthew Lowton playing for Burnley one of the best right backs in the world by that definition?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Water is composed of two elements, Hydrogen and Oxygen. 2 Hydrogen + 1 Oxygen = H2O ?
Liquid water is not wet itself. It can make other materials wet. But that is semantics and I was just having a bit of a pointless fun.

RUCK4444

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a member of the board.

We should move him onto the staff now instead of giving him another pointless playing contract.
Agree. Perhaps he could have a good career as a coach.

There’s no guarantee, good players don’t necessarily make good coaches but strikes as the type who can communicate well with the players and is obviously a technically astute and intelligent player, so has the basics.

CG1010

In his free role on the left, he cant have any more freedom than he already does. What more freedom than being part of a front 3? Its just excuses and excuses from him always

cyberman

In his free role on the left, he cant have any more freedom than he already does. What more freedom than being part of a front 3? Its just excuses and excuses from him always
He has to go back to front while hes allowed to stay further forward in this formation. Its in the interview and really isnt that bad.

CG1010

He has to go back to front while hes allowed to stay further forward in this formation. Its in the interview and really isnt that bad.
Sorry I don't understand. And is there a link to english version to the full interview?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't think there's a major club out there that would give Pogba the ultimate freedom he expects.

CG1010

Basically he hates defending and chasing back, for France he gets to stay up front and let's everyone else do the hard work
Yeah, but that's what I am saying. As a front 3 on the left hand side, literally he has the least defensive running around in the team. There is no freer role attacking wise than that in our team!

Matthew84!

Yeah, but that's what I am saying. As a front 3 on the left hand side, literally he has the least defensive running around in the team. There is no freer role attacking wise than that in our team!
I agree but he still has to chase back, look how many pens he's given away, he knows he's not good at it, I personally think its time to trade him in, its only him coming out with this xxxx during interviews

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A few season back maybe but not now. The club needs stability back in its midfield, plus their set-up pretty much caters for Ronaldo to be the main man.

Wherever he goes he'll need to put in a defensive shift. Heck, he puts one in for France, the last WC being the best example.

CG1010

I agree but he still has to chase back, look how many pens he's given away, he knows he's not good at it, I personally think its time to trade him in, its only him coming out with this xxxx during interviews
That kind of freedom to not track back can be only given to the likes of Ronaldo who have the output. Otherwise many of our best players like Rooney, Giggs, Bruno etc have also been hardworking on the defensive side. That's what made them truly special.

cyberman

Sorry I don't understand. And is there a link to english version to the full interview?
Paul Pogba: "We were already playing with three midfielders [at Juventus], in 5-3-2. I had the freedom, I had to be in the box, to attack. It was an obligation. In Manchester, I have the freedom to go into the box, but the priority is to play and defend." #mulive [l'equipe]

Just saw it on twitter. He has to be more involved in play over the pitch with Utd than be around the box making late runs etc.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Again nothing wrong with what hes said...

bsCallout

Again nothing wrong with what hes said...
Nothing wrong with what he said but probably does reflect the fact he's not the sort of player we want or need in our team. He would do great in Spain or Italy, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.