Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
What Henderson has on De Gea is he's far more vocal and, like every other keeper on the planet, better at saving penalties.

But, compared to De Gea, Henderson doesn't have much more of a presence, is obviously a worse shot stopper, and most noticeably his handling is shite. The number of routine saves I saw him push back into dangerous areas in his few games for us is alarming to say the least. Both are equally lacking with the ball at their feet as well.
What Henderson has on De Gea is that United are a better team with him in the side...

Red_toad

It doesn't make sense.

We have the best LB in the league last year and a decent backup in Telles.

There would be zero point in spending money on a LB when other positions need filling.

It's a lazy link and probably a lazy way to try and get more cash from wherever he ends up.
I'd say the lad is destined to play on midfield as he develops and looks an exceptional talent.

Robertd0803

What Henderson has on De Gea is that United are a better team with him in the side...
Maguire certainly seems more comfortable with Henderson and given Maguires the leader of the defence it certainly helps the team a lot more.

Last edited:

dinostar77

What Henderson has on De Gea is he's far more vocal and, like every other keeper on the planet, better at saving penalties.

But, compared to De Gea, Henderson doesn't have much more of a presence, is obviously a worse shot stopper, and most noticeably his handling is shite. The number of routine saves I saw him push back into dangerous areas in his few games for us is alarming to say the least. Both are equally lacking with the ball at their feet as well.
What de gea has that the very best keepers have is that ability to make saves that they have no right to make. Henderson will never have that. He's not that level of keeper. More vocal in the box true and more of a presence but when it comes down to it, de gea makes saves henderson can't.

Would happily sacrifice henderson of we had to. Besides if one of them must go it will be Henderson as there is no market for de gea.

dutchred

Maguire certainly seems more comfortable with Henderson and given Maguires the leader of the defence it certainly helps the team a lot more.
Also because Henderson coms out to meet crosses (de Gea is a line keeper), it eaes the pressure on Maguire and Lidelof on crosses)

Pavl3n

Anyone heard anything about us being linked to DCL ? I saw it on skysports' transfer centre title, but couldn't find anything else.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
After the season Luke Shaw had he's nailed on to be our starting LB and one of the first names on the teamsheet. We'd be massively wasting his talent playing him at CB.
Maldini?

that being said I agree, he’s just had a brilliant season at lb, keep him there

Crimson King

Also because Henderson coms out to meet crosses (de Gea is a line keeper), it eaes the pressure on Maguire and Lidelof on crosses)
I think this is key. Regardless of whether Henderson is good enough in the long term, our next first choice #1 needs to be comfortable coming off of his line. It makes a world of difference.

What I wouldn't give for another Edwin :drool:

Infra-red

Neither of them are good enough and neither will be here long term. I hope we're scouring the market for the inevitable change next summer.

Withnail

I don’t think the reduction is to fund Messi in fairness.
The players have all been on undeserved insane wages, with the club going bankrupt, the only way to steady the ship is to cut recurrent expenditure.
Even at half the wages, not too many clubs would offer that much for a player past his best.
Messi’s new contract would most likely see it being halved as well.

I'm not sure why you're so confident about that.

The reason given for why he hasn't signed yet is that they can't complete the deal until they make savings elsewhere in order to meet financial fair play. They're trying to work out his deal in such a way that he's doesn't see as much of a pay cut.

It's quite clear other players are taking pay cuts and players are being sold to balance the books and to ensure Messi gets his pay day.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...-held-up-by-la-liga-financial-rules-president

The United

None of our fullbacks should be used as CBs and I hope never to see three at the back ever again. It's always a feckin disaster.
I do like the idea of Shaw in a CB position though. Think he would excel as a ball player.

It might happen when he gets older due to not being able to use his full speed regularly on the wings.

Nick7

Can any gooners on here explain why Guendouzi and Torreira went AWOL from Arsenal?
Your post inspired me to look both of them up. Can’t believe Torreira has more appearances for Arsenal than Guendouzi.

sparx99

Bollocks. He's been fantastic for them. His first season there was "ok", he's had a fantastic season. He's just 29...
As good as his early Atletico days? I’ve not watched them as much this season so maybe unfairly judging him.

Zoo

Saw a tweet saying we've looked at Ajax CDM Lisandro Martinez, who's valued at 15m GBP. Laurie Whitwell and The Athletic are tagged, but couldn't find anything on Laurie's page. I'm not that good with twitter to be honest. Maybe he said it in online interview?
The tweet is from one of those copycat troll accounts.

Zoo

Well I saw that you and other people posted those tweets, so I figured it's fine.
We do but this is an account trolling that one. They have craftily changed one of the letters in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.