Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemanarmy

How did Chong end the season in Belgium? Positively?
Not really. He got a few assists against smaller opponents. He got a total of 13 games, very few of them as a starter. In the end of the season playoffs (with the best 4 teams in the league), he got a total of 28 minutes in 6 games.

RUCK4444

I still find the whole debate so tiring. Pogba can be caught on the ball. He sometimes gives it away. Yet, so do Fred and McTominay. He’s still a better CM than either of them.

Would I rather he had a Rice, Kante, Makelele, Ndidi in there with him? Of course. But that is a criticism of Fred and McTominay not Pogba.
Yes exactly. But so many here are all too willing to send Pogba packing, yet we will be stuck with far inferior players to him.

Rather than fix the root of the problem we are going to compound the problem by losing one of our best players. It's the epitome of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

dinostar77

Yes exactly. But so many here are all too willing to send Pogba packing, yet we will be stuck with far inferior players to him.

Rather than fix the root of the problem we are going to compound the problem by losing one of our best players. It's the epitome of cutting your nose off to spite your face.
Pogba has all the talent in the world. But all the talent in the world is meaningless if you dont apply it. Pogba for france is a different player to Pogba for Utd. The effort he puts in for France he doesn't put in for Utd. He doesn't want to be here or make the effort so we should just let him go and move on. Rather have less talented players but those who try their damnest to perform for the club rather than half hearted lethargic performances from the likes of Pogba.

Withnail

Pogba has all the talent in the world. But all the talent in the world is meaningless if you dont apply it. Pogba for france is a different player to Pogba for Utd. The effort he puts in for France he doesn't put in for Utd. He doesn't want to be here or make the effort so we should just let him go and move on. Rather have less talented players but those who try their damnest to perform for the club rather than half hearted lethargic performances from the likes of Pogba.
I don't think he tries more. He gets more time and space for France. International football is a different game.

I'm not sure there is a solution though, certainly not at United with the players we have. I don't think he'll never fit and he's not really what we need.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
That’s just not true. He puts in the same effort and performances that he does for United. The problem is he gets injured every third month and has a month every season where he becomes very sloppy. If he was playing for France week in week out all year you’d see the same problems.

RUCK4444

Disagree entirely. The players he plays with beside him for France are the key here.

He’s incapable of fully expressing himself like he does for France, at least consistently, due to playing alongside McFred or Matic who’s legs have gone.

That is so blatantly obvious it’s untrue. Even while he’s been playing with lesser players here in the worlds most difficult league he’s still put in excellent numbers when he hasn’t been injured.

It’s a myth that so many have bought into that he’s lazy for us or doesn’t care. Let’s be honest about the situation that is our midfield before we just blame one of our best players.

Next season we have McFred to look forward to, then when we don’t win anything everybody here can revert to blaming the manager I suppose…

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
:lol: read it as "you could have extended the contract"

I think it's a good move for all parties anyway
Yeah, definitely a good move for all concerned.

I'd imagine he was on fairly decent wages at Chelsea, and he's still a great goalscorer.

Mark Pawelek

Q: When did Pogba critics say United should stop buying midfielders? A: Never.
The point is that Pogba needs to leave ASAP, so that his massive wages are made available for more consistent midfielders.

cyberman

Disagree entirely. The players he plays with beside him for France are the key here.

He’s incapable of fully expressing himself like he does for France, at least consistently, due to playing alongside McFred or Matic who’s legs have gone.

That is so blatantly obvious it’s untrue. Even while he’s been playing with lesser players here in the worlds most difficult league he’s still put in excellent numbers when he hasn’t been injured.

It’s a myth that so many have bought into that he’s lazy for us or doesn’t care. Let’s be honest about the situation that is our midfield before we just blame one of our best players.

Next season we have McFred to look forward to, then when we don’t win anything everybody here can revert to blaming the manager I suppose…
Bruno plays with that same midfield. It isnt McFreds fault that theyre better actual midfielders than Paul is.
Paul is a man lost in modern football

RUCK4444

Bruno plays with that same midfield. It isnt McFreds fault that theyre better actual midfielders than Paul is.
Paul is a man lost in modern football
I'm clearly talking about the base of midfield where Bruno doesn't play. McFred are not in any way better players than Pogba, laughable and shows how skewed peoples perspective is on Pogba and what his strengths/weaknesses are.

On the bolded, yeah, he's so lost that he's looking at a £400k a week contract, is regularly the best player in the most talented national team in the world and is a world cup winner. He will move, be partnered with a top player defensively, win lots and continue to play for France. Quote me. If other teams can do it we should be asking why can't we, the answer is we aren't even trying to do the obvious.

Far more likely we are a club that is suffering from years of awful recruitment (prior to Ole) and still have nobody to reliably partner said player with.

cyberman

I'm clearly talking about the base of midfield where Bruno doesn't play. McFred are not in any way better players than Pogba, laughable and shows how skewed peoples perspective is on Pogba and what his strengths/weaknesses are.

On the bolded, yeah, he's so lost that he's looking at a £400k a week contract, is regularly the best player in the most talented national team in the world and is a world cup winner. He will move, be partnered with a top player defensively, win lots and continue to play for France. Quote me. If other teams can do it we should be asking why can't we, the answer is we aren't even trying to do the obvious.

Far more likely we are a club that is suffering from years of awful recruitment (prior to Ole) and still have nobody to reliably partner said player with.
No, you said he cant express himself with a base of McFred. Bruno plays alongside that very same base.

dinostar77

We'll agree to disagree.

RUCK4444

No, you said he cant express himself with a base of McFred. Bruno plays alongside that very same base.
How often have we played Pogba in the no 10 like Bruno? I can't remember any games at all tbh.

Difference being Pogba is being partnered alongside these players at the base of midfield, where his (and McFred's) defensive weaknesses are highlighted, the same weaknesses we knew Paul had before we bought him. We tried to combat this by partnering him with Matic but his legs went after three months. Why nobody can see this is clearly the case and has a massive impact on how Paul can play for us at the base of midfield is beyond me, to the point where I think they are wilfully ignoring it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

It's so, so tiring to here these excuses. When will we stop blaming his peers for fecksake. He's a very talented player thats never been consistent, that's why he's suited to country tournaments.

He was surrounded by great talent at Juve and you need to give your head a wobble if you think he was consistent there. He's been tried deep, box to box, left of a midfield and the left wing. He has been best on the left wing of late for us but still can't show the consistency over the course of a season. We've seen Bruno walk in and make the game his own, we've seen Maguire walk in where cb pairing is more important than the midfield one, and still shine more consistently. We've seen cavani dropped from nowhere into a front 3 where he can't even communicate with his peers and seen his consistency.

The Pogba excuses are just getting so tiring now.

RUCK4444

We'll agree to disagree.
Yeah, that's fine. Everybody has their opinions.

Just watch him for France and when he gets his move, see how they partner him with a defensively sound midfielder (levels above McFred) Or watch him in a midfield three with ample cover from his teammates for Juve. That's the player we bought, simple, the fanbase have imagined him to be something he isn't.

He's not Kante with the passing range of Carrick... which is what the price tag led fans to believe imo.

CG1010

How often have we played Pogba in the no 10 like Bruno? I can't remember any games at all tbh.

Difference being Pogba is being partnered alongside these players at the base of midfield, where his (and McFred's) defensive weaknesses are highlighted, the same weaknesses we knew Paul had before we bought him. We tried to combat this by partnering him with Matic but his legs went after three months. Why nobody can see this is clearly the case and has a massive impact on how Paul can play for us at the base of midfield is beyond me, to the point where I think they are wilfully ignoring it.
He has played in a midfield three with Herrera and Matic and while he was good in that often, he never had the kind of impact Bruno had. This season itself, he has been playing left wing in place of Rashford which has probably the least defensive/pressing duties in our entire team, and hasn't scored/assisted enough to justify leaving an in-form Rashford, Greenwood or Sancho next season.

Regarding playing in the midfield base of two, my hope is that if he stays, and we do end up signing Varane (both looking unlikely at this point to me) he might be able to play on the back of defensive strength. But even for France playing him in a midfield base is an issue because he can't defend adequately. Having tried Matic, Herrera, Fred and Mctominay to play with him, I am convinced the problem is Pogba himself and not any random midfielder who plays with him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Just watch him for France and when he gets his move, see how they partner him with a defensively sound midfielder (levels above McFred) Or watch him in a midfield three with ample cover from his teammates for Juve. That's the player we bought, simple, the fanbase have imagined him to be something he isn't.

He's not Kante with the passing range of Carrick... which is what the price tag led fans to believe imo.
Do you think he plays in a 10 for France or something?

CG1010

I think he actually has the talent to be whatever he wanted to be, a world class number 10, a creative passer from the back, a box to box midfielder... but in each of these positions he has glaring deficiencies (namely can't effectively attack or defend on a consistent basis) that he has to be tried out at another position. And then repeat.

RUCK4444

It's so, so tiring to here these excuses. When will we stop blaming his peers for fecksake. He's a very talented player thats never been consistent, that's why he's suited to country tournaments.

He was surrounded by great talent at Juve and you need to give your head a wobble if you think he was consistent there. He's been tried deep, box to box, left of a midfield and the left wing. He has been best on the left wing of late for us but still can't show the consistency over the course of a season. We've seen Bruno walk in and make the game his own, we've seen Maguire walk in where cb pairing is more important than the midfield one, and still shine more consistently. We've seen cavani dropped from nowhere into a front 3 where he can't even communicate with his peers and seen his consistency.

The Pogba excuses are just getting so tiring now.
It's not an excuse, it's an observation of the obvious really. You said it yourself, he's a very talented player, that brings very clear benefits on the pitch, who also has very clear and obvious weakness in his game (defensively he needs to be paired with quality defensive players.)

The way you talk makes it seem he is totally incompatible with football and won't get on the pitch for anybody. That's a nonsense, he's done well away from United, consistently well IMO. And that's what we will see when he leaves, yet we refuse to look internally at what we are doing wrong here.

I'm not making Pogba blameless here, just pointing out what was obvious when we bought him and the fact that we've done nothing but buy an over-the-hill Matic as a half-arsed measure to get the best from this player. A young Matic before his legs had gone might have been perfect, that's not the Matic we bought (well he was decent for 3 months which coincided with good form from Pogba.)

You can still want rid of him of course, but let's not paint him some useless midfielder that is impossible to field.

Withnail

International football is a different game and he gets more time and space than he'd usually get in the PL. Also France regularly sacrifice a winger and stick an extra central midfielder on the wing to accommodate him.

Infestissumam

Austrian top talent Yusuf Demir re-signs at Rapid and at the same time joins Barcelona on loan. Barcelona have a €10m option to buy next year.

RUCK4444

International football is a different game and he gets more time and space than he'd usually get in the PL. Also France regularly sacrifice a winger and stick an extra central midfielder on the wing to accommodate him.
Yeah I appreciate that, but the point remains, you can make it work. It's not like every single game he's giving the ball away directly leading to goals now is it?

It's more than fair to expect a direct improvement if for example we had bought a 25 year old Matic (instead of the one we bought.) Especially with the exceptional defensive-minded fullbacks we have.

In 90% of games for this club that would be more than enough to get the most from this player. Now instead we are left with McFred and a world of expectation left on Bruno's shoulders.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Austrian top talent Yusuf Demir re-signs at Rapid and at the same time joins Barcelona on loan. Barcelona have a €10m option to buy next year.
Tight bastards. He looks talented though, we were linked not too long back.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Why would Rapid accommodate Barca's economic malaise with such a highly rated player?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Imagine my shock that nobody wants to pay top dollar to broadcast PSG's walk to the league 8 times out of every 10 years. Lille won it this season so now fully expect PSG will gobble up the next 8 or 9 titles most likely without much competition.

Sadly City have won 4 of the last 5 in England but luckily for them we have enough big clubs in and around the top to mask this somewhat.

Arab countries buying football clubs has been terrible for the game as a whole even if it's been great for those two clubs selfishly.

Alain-

Imagine my shock that nobody wants to pay top dollar to broadcast PSG's walk to the league 8 times out of every 10 years. Lille won it this season so now fully expect PSG will gobble up the next 8 or 9 titles most likely without much competition.

Sadly City have won 4 of the last 5 in England but luckily for them we have enough big clubs in and around the top to mask this somewhat.

Arab countries buying football clubs has been terrible for the game as a whole even if it's been great for those two clubs selfishly.
amazon bought the rights to league 1 2021/22

Anduin

Why would Rapid accommodate Barca's economic malaise with such a highly rated player?
The club had no choice, Yussi only ever wanted to go to Barcelona. Rapid had to reject (as the player didn’t want to somewhere else) various good deals from across Europe, according to the director of football. That’s shit, but Yussi would have walked for free next year if a deal like this wouldn’t have been made.

jesperjaap

Valid points but whether we like it or not, hav eto consider Pogba is our record signing, he is also entering the last year of his contract and in the press and from his agent at least, doesnt seem committed to us and if he is to commit he wants over £20m per year to do so.

I would argue that performance wis ehe hasnt proved to be the answer in central midfield, but loyalty and financially wise he certainly isnt the best optin.

That doesnt mean that Fred or McTominay are either. But again, we have to consider they appear more loyal an dcommited to the club and they are not decimating our wage structure here so they are good squad options......personally I would be looking to move one on if some of our youngsters break through or VDB starts to perform or most importantly..............

We can sign new players, we dont have to solely stck with ones that have divided opinion and none of have shined. There are a whole plethora of excellent young central midfielders around at the moment potentially available, we should be signing two in my opinion, but I cant believe we wotn sign at least one, on ethat will hugely improve us in that area rather than have everyone debating about the positives and negatives our current options give....as they havent worked to the standard we have been used to.

Talk about how good Pogba is and he of course talented, but for us he isnt fit to lace the boots of the majority of central midfielders we have had the last 30years or so, that is the simple truth of the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.