Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

This is a shame, as with Spanish clubs a little worse off, French teams might have narrowed the gap a bit. Oil money makes it less attractive though as too predictable

Doku would be interesting

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Manchester United target; so rumours have it.
He seemed to have some potential in the few games he played. It doesn't bode well for Barca if kids who have already played in the first team are looking elsewhere.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This may be completely irrelevant, but according to TM Moriba is represented by ROGON, a German agency, that almost exclusively works for former or current Bundesliga players and a couple of low profile talents from across the world.
Edit: apparently he signed with them just a couple of weeks ago. Bayern could do with another CM I guess? :nervous:

Last edited:

Mark Pawelek

This may be completely irrelevant, but according to TM Moriba is represented by ROGON, a German agency, that almost exclusively works for former or current Bundesliga players and a couple of low profile talents from across the world.
Moriba looks like one of the nearest players I've seen to a Pogba replacement; but hopefully with better defence.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Imagine my shock that nobody wants to pay top dollar to broadcast PSG's walk to the league 8 times out of every 10 years. Lille won it this season so now fully expect PSG will gobble up the next 8 or 9 titles most likely without much competition.

Sadly City have won 4 of the last 5 in England but luckily for them we have enough big clubs in and around the top to mask this somewhat.

Arab countries buying football clubs has been terrible for the game as a whole even if it's been great for those two clubs selfishly.
To be fair, it's nothing to do with that.

From what I know the deal was signed, COVID happened - the people who bought the rights didn't want to pay as much and a protracted legal process has been on going, all the while no clubs getting the money they planned they would.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The club had no choice, Yussi only ever wanted to go to Barcelona. Rapid had to reject (as the player didn’t want to somewhere else) various good deals from across Europe, according to the director of football. That’s shit, but Yussi would have walked for free next year if a deal like this wouldn’t have been made.
That's a shame. Hope they secured some tasty sell-on fee there.

TMS

To be fair, it's nothing to do with that.

From what I know the deal was signed, COVID happened - the people who bought the rights didn't want to pay as much and a protracted legal process has been on going, all the while no clubs getting the money they planned they would.
Don't think it was due to the fact they didn't want to pay as much, otherwise they would have just forced a rebate from the league. Believe it was actually to do with their business model not working as they couldn't attract the number of subscribers to their platform they required to be commercially viable. The same company attempted to get the Italian rights for Serie A, but were turned down as Serie A asked for proof of ability to pay what was offered and they couldn't.

From what I've seen Ligue 1 have dug their own grave and I can see it getting much worse for them if Canal+ get their way in reducing the amount they must pay for their 2 games per week. There has already been mumbles of PSG would have been sold if the Qatar World Cup had of already been played, so if that happens post 2022 there could be even more of a downturn with new owners unlikely to bankroll all the top talent on PSGs roster.

Dazzmondo

Imagine my shock that nobody wants to pay top dollar to broadcast PSG's walk to the league 8 times out of every 10 years. Lille won it this season so now fully expect PSG will gobble up the next 8 or 9 titles most likely without much competition.

Sadly City have won 4 of the last 5 in England but luckily for them we have enough big clubs in and around the top to mask this somewhat.

Arab countries buying football clubs has been terrible for the game as a whole even if it's been great for those two clubs selfishly.
The French League has probably been the most improved league of any of the bigger leagues in the last few years (Serie A has also improved significantly). It's actually one of my favourite non-English leagues to watch with many of the best young talents in world football coming through. This has nothing to do with a lack of interest from viewers, instead it is due to a botched TV deal with a Chinese media group which was badly affected by Covid. The channel then shut down and the league needed to borrow massive amounts of money to find a new TV provider. It's basically a big confusing mess where different TV providers have different percentages of games for massively unequal costs. This has led to one of the TV channels suing the League and the future is completely up in the air. This video by Tifo talks through the current situation:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The fee has been corroborated by Sky Germany:

New entry for Mainz

According to Sky Infos, the Swiss national player Silvan Widmer completed the medical check today and then signed for three years

The left wing back comes from Basel and costs around €2.5 million.

Last edited:

Varun1

Basically, Rennes might want to start a bidding war to increase the price, so that may drive United away from bidding for Camavinga this summer.
Summary from quickly going through the article:
  • Camavinga would prefer Real or Barca, Bayern are also interested.
  • United feel a deal is unlikely
  • PSG may also be interested but that could be complicated by any interest in Pogba
  • There's no indication that Pogba would like to move to PSG
  • United have held talks to extend Pogba
  • United have a long-standing interest in Camavinga, and considered bringing him in 2 years ago but went for Mejbri instead

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Bayern's director Hasan Salihamidzic also commented on Süle's situation a couple of days back:
We talked a lot about it. We're looking forward to Niklas. We need every player.

We are in contact with his management and have held talks in one direction or the other. But first of all we are happy that he comes back. Comes back healthy. And then we will discuss with the trainer how things will proceed. Everyone, too Niklas, has the chance to perform well for FC Bayern, to show himself to the coach. And then we'll look further.
Source of the quotes

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Marca

Basically, Varane's currently on vacation and has yet to make his decision. Due to the lack of commitment to any one option, all options are currently on the table (stay at Real Madrid; leave for another club this summer; leave as a free agent).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's actually really Dorsch, without the umlaut, but A for effort :D
Also the fishing thing is because Dorsch is cod in German.
My bad. Thanks for the correction. I've heard/read so many German names recently that I've started to muddle them up in my head. :wenger:

That makes the announcement video even better, then.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Don't think it was due to the fact they didn't want to pay as much, otherwise they would have just forced a rebate from the league. Believe it was actually to do with their business model not working as they couldn't attract the number of subscribers to their platform they required to be commercially viable. The same company attempted to get the Italian rights for Serie A, but were turned down as Serie A asked for proof of ability to pay what was offered and they couldn't.

From what I've seen Ligue 1 have dug their own grave and I can see it getting much worse for them if Canal+ get their way in reducing the amount they must pay for their 2 games per week. There has already been mumbles of PSG would have been sold if the Qatar World Cup had of already been played, so if that happens post 2022 there could be even more of a downturn with new owners unlikely to bankroll all the top talent on PSGs roster.
Ah thanks, was probably mixing up two stories. Thanks for clarifying a few things.

Yeah, doesn't look good for them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Jens Cajuste officially asked his club (Midtjylland) to join Rennes. The Breton club made an offer of 10 + 1 million [Euros, which was] refused; the Danish club wants €15M including bonuses.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Maurizio Sarri's press conference via TuttoMercatoWeb

If I hadn’t believed in his relaunch, I would have opposed his purchase. Here at Lazio, he had an incredible 6-7 months. It seemed he was destined for Barcelona or Bayern Munich. When I was in England, he had a good first year, but he always struggles with consistency.
EDIT: Simon Stone Tweet

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Several teams asked for Renan Lodi but Atlético de Madrid is convinced that the best solution is for him to continue as a rojiblanco. The Brazilian, very delighted. To this day the club has no doubts: last year it rejected a lot of money from the Premier [League].

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Ruben Vinagre joins Sporting Club on loan from Wolves with a conditional purchase obligation of 10 million Euros linked to his appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.