Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Jamie Ohara on Talksport : "John Stones is better than Refael Varane"
Not sure it is that controversial. They are quite easy to compare. Not that different in style or ability. Both of them have a tendency to make f*** ups and both of them probably need a leader next to them.

Varane is probably a bit faster, but Stones is alot better on the ball and have a better range with his passing. Two good players, people who have seen less of Varane tend to rate him higher than people who have seen him more.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Stones and Varane comparison isn't that nuts.

And If we're going to compare both players form over the year than Stones edges it, which I'm surprised to write tbh.
Stones is now playing at a extremely high level. Been superb.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Jamie Ohara on Talksport : "John Stones is better than Refael Varane"

Can someone please tell Jamie to stop smoking ? It doesn't do well to his judgment at all.
Stones has been one of the best CBs in the world for at least the last year. If Varane can match that, we'll all be happy.

Superden

With everyone skint and Liverpool not looking to splash the cash this year, mbappes heading there isn't he, my dark side muppet is trembling

Red_toad

We might do depending on how long Rashford takes to recovery from his surgeries.
Oh I think Diallo, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Pellistri, Elanga and James are enough for now. It was a silly link, that is based on nothing, no idea why some are thinking there'd be any interest, 7 goals and 9 assists in 4000 odd hours at Real is hardly enticing for a club looking to purchase.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
With everyone skint and Liverpool not looking to splash the cash this year, mbappes heading there isn't he, my dark side muppet is trembling
Madrid is an okay place for him to go IMO. Makes PSG weaker. Madrid significantly weaker defensively so it’s not a huge deal. Glad he’s not going to a Liverpool or a City.

dinostar77

Stones and Varane comparison isn't that nuts.

And If we're going to compare both players form over the year than Stones edges it, which I'm surprised to write tbh.
Stones is now playing at a extremely high level. Been superb.
Myopic view of PL fans. Comparing stones to varane like comparing a ferrari to a golf.

sparx99

Myopic view of PL fans. Comparing stones to varane like comparing a ferrari to a golf.
Stones was good last year but it was his first good season in about 5 years. Varane has won 4-5 Champions Leagues, a World Cup and been great for a decade.

dal

Oh I think Diallo, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Pellistri, Elanga and James are enough for now. It was a silly link, that is based on nothing, no idea why some are thinking there'd be any interest, 7 goals and 9 assists in 4000 odd hours at Real is hardly enticing for a club looking to purchase.
Rashford is the best wide forward at the club. Sancho could possibly be better however Rashford is a huge miss. We need him back ASAP.

You named a host of players there, excluding Sancho (?), none of them are good enough yet for a team with title aspirations, I’d still like one more wide forward at the club, with Martial and Lingard hopefully leaving. I’d also sell Pogba and buy a quality midfielder.

Rashford, Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood, Bruno, Grealish (someone similar).

That’s strength in depth and still leaves some room for our unproven talent.

saivet

Can't they just not register him if they've no plans on using him?
They could but considering his wages it's probably not wise to not use him at all. They can't shift him but can shift one of the others.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We just signed Sancho. Martial is back. Promoted elanga and James is coming off a good Euros. Rashford back in Oct and Pogba plays on the left these days too.

I think we are ok.
James… ok

Red_toad

Rashford is the best wide forward at the club. Sancho could possibly be better however Rashford is a huge miss. We need him back ASAP.

You named a host of players there, excluding Sancho (?), none of them are good enough yet for a team with title aspirations, I’d still like one more wide forward at the club, with Martial and Lingard hopefully leaving. I’d also sell Pogba and buy a quality midfielder.

Ok so you're saying Vinicius Junior is a good replacement? Pogba and Martial can cover the left wing, clubs don't generally spend 30/40 million to replace a player who's injured for a few months. Taking a winger who looks fantastic until he gets into areas where he can actually create or score, and then turns into a poor man's Bebe isn't high on my agenda of signings for United. But you're very much entitled to your opinion.

Walters_19_MuFc

I wouldn't sell Martial just yet. Actually, I think he's a perfect squad player to have both as a wide forward and striker.

That would leave us with three main wingers of Sancho, Greenwood, and Martial whilst Rashford is out.

If we do get rid of Martial, then maybe, but if the standard of player is someone like Grealish, then that would be overkill, in my opinion.

Instead, what we should be looking to do is drip-feeding Amad into the team or giving James, maybe Pogba on the left more minutes there.

I mean, if you look at our rivals, even they don't have four main wingers.

City have Foden, Mahrez and Sterling as their main wingers, so to speak. Then they have Torres as their backup type player. You have B Silva who can play there too but spends more of his time in midfield.

Liverpool have Mane, Jota and Salah.

This is why I believe having Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, and potentially Pogba playing on the left, would be more than enough. Actually, if anything, we need to think about loaning/selling players. Players like Lingard, James, Amad and Pellestri may not even be here next season, with the former two being sold.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
4th 5th choice for 2 positions. I don’t really get the point the poster is trying to make either? Reading between your posts, we should sign Vinicius is that what you’re trying to say @Cassidy?
And offers unreal pace. He’s a problem against certain teams.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
And offers unreal pace. He’s a problem against certain teams.
James is pretty good but with the rise of Elanga and Amad he won’t get enough games to develop here, if Ole didn’t trust him on the left last season he’s never going to and it looks like he’s better over there, like nearly every other modern winger… We currently don’t need any more wingers. After Varane we do need a striker dm and rb though :)

prateik

They wont sell anyone they want for their squad becuase of Bale.. someone who has 1 year on his contract and someone they want to get rid desperately...
That logic makes no sense..

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
4th 5th choice for 2 positions. I don’t really get the point the poster is trying to make either? Reading between your posts, we should sign Vinicius is that what you’re trying to say @Cassidy?
Quite obviously the post was pointing out we ran our LW into the ground last season due to lack of depth because players like James cannot be counted on. We also didnt have enough options at RW. So a single signing isnt going to make the issue go away.

So no Im not saying we should sign Vinicius. But yes I am saying we don't have enough quality depth yet in the wide positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.