Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can I post tweets from Frederik Filtvedt though?
Ideally not, as his twitter page reads like a personal account dressed up as that of an official journo and is pretty useless in terms of actual new info. Let's stick to high quality sources such as the Romanos of the world.

manuchamp88

Ideally not, as his twitter page reads like a personal account dressed up as that of an official journo and is pretty useless in terms of actual new info. Let's stick to high quality sources such as the Romanos of the world.
Fair enough.

Danillaco

If I recall correctly he started off well at Real Madrid then had an injury & maybe his formed dipped after returning from injury, maybe Real Madrid fans on here can either confirm or disagree with what I just wrote.
I have watched him since Brazil, the hype he got was básica because he played for Flamengo and had one good international tournament. Neymar was Barca bound and people were looking for the new Brazilian star. He was never it, nor at Flamengo, nor at Real.

It's mind-blowing that people keep insisting he's top tier talent.

Matriac

Fredrik is a football journo at the second largest newspaper in Norway.
Albeit Norwegian journos are not likely to be breaking any big news for players/clubs from outside of the Nordics, but he clearly has contacts at United that will dripfeed him certain info. He's one of the Norwegians journos that has the best relationship with Ole (certain outlets have clashed with him), and I think they have common friends between them that convey certain info, like him posting leaked lineups pretty often ever since Ole became the manager.

But he's also clearly a massive United fan. He doesn't do his reporting via tweets normally. A video journalist mostly. If he tweets reactions to others info/tweets I wouldn't take it as him knowing something more about it, just that he's as gassed as the rest of us about potential transfers and whatnot. But if he does tweet specific info I would consider it extremely likely to be true. He hasn't been bullshitting anything or attempting any guesses so far.

firstkuyttouch

Honestly, it kind of was. He said last year he would never make a transfer to a Dutch club when PSV were in for him. I expected him to follow Mark van Bommel to Wolfsberg.
Cheers, our namesake would never.

interesting comment Danillaco, I can understand the vacuum created by Neymar

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Next week there will be a meeting to talk about the future of Sergi Roberto at Barcelona and the club will have to solve Pjanic: the Bosnian still does not accept a release. Saúl-Griezmann swap: today is just like yesterday; Premier [League clubs] very very attentive to the Atlético de Madrid player.

theklr

Fredrik is a football journo at the second largest newspaper in Norway.
Albeit Norwegian journos are not likely to be breaking any big news for players/clubs from outside of the Nordics, but he clearly has contacts at United that will dripfeed him certain info. He's one of the Norwegians journos that has the best relationship with Ole (certain outlets have clashed with him), and I think they have common friends between them that convey certain info, like him posting leaked lineups pretty often ever since Ole became the manager.

But he's also clearly a massive United fan. He doesn't do his reporting via tweets normally. A video journalist mostly. If he tweets reactions to others info/tweets I wouldn't take it as him knowing something more about it, just that he's as gassed as the rest of us about potential transfers and whatnot. But if he does tweet specific info I would consider it extremely likely to be true. He hasn't been bullshitting anything or attempting any guesses so far.
Agree with this . He does play around a fair bit on twitter, but when he does post something on his own / in isolation it is usually quite reliable because his connection to Ole and the club is very good. I’d say on par with many of the tier 2 journos at least.

EDIT: seems he is T3 on r/reddevils

Last edited:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea never speaks to any journos about transfers. About the only person who gets crumbs when a signing is for real is Matt Law. So not sure about this or if Bayern will even sell?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea never speaks to any journos about transfers. About the only person who gets crumbs when a signing is for real is Matt Law. So not sure about this or if Bayern will even sell?

He's looking to renew with Bayern, this is just the usual "use a link to another club to get a better wage" nonsense.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Isn't the Sun a banned source? That's where that article originates.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
So, what's going on at the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and City? Seems to be absolutely nothing being reported on these fronts.

theklr

So, what's going on at the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and City? Seems to be absolutely nothing being reported on these fronts.
Liverpool and Spurs are probably reliant on outgoings before any major incomings, and I guess abit the same with City since they want so expensive targets

PeterWunited

Most transfers are going to happen towards the end of the transfer window. Swap deals, loan to buy etc. are going to be the order of the day.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
With Van Dijk back they don't need any players. He's going to single handedly win them a quadruple. At least if you look at how much they blamed last seasons hilarious and feeble title defence on him getting injured that is.

SAF is the GOAT

With Van Dijk back they don't need any players. He's going to single handedly win them a quadruple. At least if you look at how much they blamed last seasons hilarious and feeble title defence on him getting injured that is.
TBH I don't think he'll be back as he was before the injury. Not a lot of players returning as they were with these types of injuries.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I'd be surprised if they sold. Maybe Nagelsmann wants to play differently, but still, a goal machine. I'd love to see him in the Prem though.

Withnail

I can't see them selling Lewangoalski and especially not for 50m. They'd likely have won the CL if he wasn't injured at a crucial moment.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

That won’t be enough for his right foot.

Walters_19_MuFc

Chelsea are panicking. There's no way they will get Haaland, Lewandowski, Kane or Lukaku. They'll either need to persevere with what they have or try and spot a player with massive potential.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
TBH I don't think he'll be back as he was before the injury. Not a lot of players returning as they were with these types of injuries.
I dont really think this holds up anymore actually in todays medical world.. A lot of players recover very well from these type of injuries these days, like Chielini, Depay, Zlatan as examples from recent years and for example Ruud van Nistelrooy a while back..

Blood Mage

Chelsea are panicking. There's no way they will get Haaland, Lewandowski, Kane or Lukaku. They'll either need to persevere with what they have or try and spot a player with massive potential.
To be fair the lack of top quality no.9s in modern football is shocking. I'm surprised Leicester were able to snap up Patson Daka with no competition as he looks like a very promising classic striker and there's not many others around as far as I can see outside of that elite bracket you mentioned.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't say panicking unless we are in for a player we don't need. So far this window has been about moving players. Checking to see if there is anything that could be done with Haaland. I do not think there has been an offer yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.