Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To be fair the lack of top quality no.9s in modern football is shocking. I'm surprised Leicester were able to snap up Patson Daka with no competition as he looks like a very promising classic striker and there's not many others around as far as I can see outside of that elite bracket you mentioned.
Really? From what I've seen he looks nothing like a classic no 9 - more like the modern striker you're lamenting, the other lad at Salzburg did, before the ban.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I mean, Lingard probably got alot of confidence seeing Beek's non-existent displays last year.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Now is definitely the time to sell lingard. It’s now or he’s going to do a mata and be here into his mid 30s. He’s a good player but now is the time to go and play every week. Hopefully he has some ambition left to try to be one of the main guys at a smaller club. That’s the only way he gets back into the England team

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I wasn't expecting this. He's a pretty good forward even if he didn't play regularly.
Dardai seems to prefer playing with a lone striker and between Piatek, Cordoba and Selke they have three players for that role in their squad. So one has to go.
Selke has basically no market value at this point, but he did sort of well under Dardai before, so keeping him makes sense, because he can't complain about a lesser role and there is still hope hat he can recover some of his value.
So it was kind of between Piatek and Cordoba and it's reported that they got a very generous offer from Krasnodar (€20+m), something they probably couldn't expect to get for Piatek, so it makes sense that it's Cordoba who has to leave.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Dardai seems to prefer playing with a lone striker and between Piatek, Cordoba and Selke they have three players for that role in their squad. So one has to go.
Selke has basically no market value at this point, but he did sort of well under Dardai before, so keeping him makes sense, because he can't complain about a lesser role and there is still hope hat he can recover some of his value.
So it was kind of between Piatek and Cordoba and it's reported that they got a very generous offer from Krasnodar (€20+m), something they probably couldn't expect to get for Piatek, so it makes sense that it's Cordoba who has to leave.
That fee is actually pretty decent for Berlin. That explains why Cordoba left, then.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The transfer embargo's going to really hurt Derby and possibly prevent them from loaning one of our possible young players in. I'd have liked to have seen them bring back Mengi and give him more minutes as well as Di'Shon Bernard, possibly.

EDIT: Extended quote

Last edited:

prateik

Why do players do this? Chelsea have dozens of players signed and loaned out.. and they keep signing extensions.. Is it just the guarantee of getting decent wages for 5 years that convinces them? They have to know they'll get loaned out all around Europe and eventually sold..

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Romano summary time:

The part after the "Same here" re: Varane was said after he was asked about Sancho. He didn't repeat that statement after saying "Same here."

EDIT: Additional context

acolyte

Why do players do this? Chelsea have dozens of players signed and loaned out.. and they keep signing extensions.. Is it just the guarantee of getting decent wages for 5 years that convinces them? They have to know they'll get loaned out all around Europe and eventually sold..
Chelsea are running a Europe wide Rent-A-Player service on the side, guess some players are fine doing that.

firstkuyttouch

I've put up with it, up to now, but, sometimes, it seems like any old rubbish is being posted, because there's nothing else.

Considering the shit Fridge Chutney was getting, it seems unfair to let this stuff go without comment.
This is quite possibly the most English post to any forum ever made, and I applaud it

pascell

I'm not sure which is more tedious. A load of tweets about lower league English clubs that no one's interested in. Or, a load of tweets about deals between smaller European clubs that no one's interested in.
Listen Col, the Caf is littered with Spezia, Krasnador and Darlington fans, you should know this by now.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Several players have commented that while a part of the loan army Chelsea sends doctors and therapists that the teams they are loaned to could never afford. Players loaned from other teams only receive treatment from the loan team staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.