g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What was Gini's issue with liverpool? was it the amount or contract length?
From what I'm aware of, he was seemingly more interested in continuing his career at a new club. He may have achieved everything that he wanted with Liverpool and might possibly be interested in a new adventure in another league.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

EDIT: Mike Verweij responds

Of course I also inquired about Sulemana in response to news reports in Denmark. Ajax does everything in its power to bring in [the] Ghanaian. Status according to sources at the moment, however: 'Not yet completed'. But what is not...

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Was linked heavily to Villa last summer right?
Yeah, quite heavily so. Honestly, I'm not sure if Villa will be so keen on him. Maybe if they decide to let go of one of their backup forwards, they can go in for him, but I don't see why they'd want to bring him in this summer. Anyways, Rashica was also linked to a few Bundesliga clubs last summer (Dortmund being one of them if I remember correctly). He's definitely going to stay in the Bundesliga.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Varane on his future: "During the competition, I'm only focused on that. I don't want to talk about it for the moment and if I do, it will be with the people concerned"
The typical response...I guess we won't hear much from Varane until after Euro 2020.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, quite heavily so. Honestly, I'm not sure if Villa will be so keen on him. Maybe if they decide to let go of one of their backup forwards, they can go in for him, but I don't see why they'd want to bring him in this summer. Anyways, Rashica was also linked to a few Bundesliga clubs last summer (Dortmund being one of them if I remember correctly). He's definitely going to stay in the Bundesliga.
Yeah, they might have gone off the idea with a lot of good young players coming through as well. Thanks!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If I remember correctly Leverkusen came pretty close to signing him. Given that his season wasn't so great and that staying is not an option, because Werder are desperate for money I doubt they will get €15m for him. I could see Leverkusen or Leipzig trying again, he'd be a good player for them if he manages to get back into better form.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If I remember correctly Leverkusen came pretty close to signing him. Given that his season wasn't so great and that staying is not an option, because Werder are desperate for money I doubt they will get €15m for him. I could see Leverkusen or Leipzig trying again, he'd be a good player for them if he manages to get back into better form.
I was aware of Leipzig being quite interested in him, and yeah, Leverkusen was, too. I can see Leverkusen going for him given their lack of a goalscoring threat (depsite Rashica's relatively poor season). Regarding Leipzig, I'm not sure if they'll go back in for him. They have a few decent forward/wide options in Poulsen, Sørloth, Hwang, Kluivert, Nkunku, and Olmo. I don't think that Rashica's better than any of them (maybe Hwang, but I'd give him another chance). Unless Leipzig sell one of more of them, I don't think they'll be as heavily linked to Rashica.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How long before we are linked with Danny Rose?
Maybe if Telles leaves, we could get linked to him, but as it stands, one would have to be incredibly idiotic or ignorant to link Rose to us whilst we have two senior, fully fit left backs.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I was aware of Leipzig being quite interested in him, and yeah, Leverkusen was, too. I can see Leverkusen going for him given their lack of a goalscoring threat (depsite Rashica's relatively poor season). Regarding Leipzig, I'm not sure if they'll go back in for him. They have a few decent forward/wide options in Poulsen, Sørloth, Hwang, Kluivert, Nkunku, and Olmo. I don't think that Rashica's better than any of them (maybe Hwang, but I'd give him another chance). Unless Leipzig sell one of more of them, I don't think they'll be as heavily linked to Rashica.
I mean it's always a question of how well do you think he will adapt to playing in a less miserable team and under more pressure, but I think they haven't replaced Werner at all yet and it really made them ineffective in front of goal and he could be that replacement, at least in theory.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I mean it's always a question of how well do you think he will adapt to playing in a less miserable team and under more pressure, but I think they haven't replaced Werner at all yet and it really made them ineffective in front of goal and he could be that replacement, at least in theory.
I've never thought of him as a clinical goalscorer. When I've watched Werder Bremen in the last couple of seasons, I haven't seen him demonstrate the finishing quality and killer instinct to help Leipzig move on from Werner. Statistically, too, he's not even come close to 15 goals per season let alone breach 10 goals in the Bundesliga alone. However, Rashica's all-rounded game is a better fit for Leipzig than Sørloth's, so he might be more effective even if he doesn't score as many goals.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The Times understands that Solskjaer wants to bring in up to four signings to help him in his attempt to win silverware next season and challenge Manchester City for the Premier League title.

Solskjaer is thought to believe that a right winger, a striker, a central midfielder and a centre back are required. Jadon Sancho, Harry Kane, Pau Torres and Declan Rice are among the targets being considered.

United believe that the team are progressing under the Norwegian manager because they finished second in the Premier League, one place higher than the previous season.

The club are expected to tell Solskjaer that he will be backed in the transfer market too. He has a good relationship with Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, and the club’s owners, the Glazer family.

One of the many decisions that United have to take this summer is regarding the future of Paul Pogba. The 28-year-old is yet to open contract talks with the club over an extension even though his deal expires at the end of next season. United would like the central midfielder to stay.

If Pogba leaves, Donny van de Beek could take his place. The Dutchman has started only 15 matches since he joined from Ajax for £40 million last summer. The 24-year-old was disappointed not to get off the bench during the Europa League final defeat by Villarreal, which the Spanish side won on penalties after the two teams played out a 1-1 draw in 120 minutes.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Journo’s just don’t give a shit these days do they.
He's not wrong, they are all targets, but that doesn't mean much.
Genuinely thought exactly the same. What work has he done? Reads like a caf post
macheda14's right; that article reads like a summary of everything that's been covered and doesn't even offer any additional insight. It's a nice article to up the fans' hopes after a miserable end to the season, but it doesn't offer much else.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm intrigued at the fact that Paul Hirst has named the exact same four players as Jamie Jackson did. I wonder if we'll see those four names pop up more often within the next few hours.
If anything, that just screams a leak for a PR exercise - out of Ed's playbook.

macheda14

I'm intrigued at the fact that Paul Hirst has named the exact same four players as Jamie Jackson did. I wonder if we'll see those four names pop up more often within the next few hours.
I think McGrath did as well, smells like a brief.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
A brief amount of time between the 2 articles.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I've never thought of him as a clinical goalscorer. When I've watched Werder Bremen in the last couple of seasons, I haven't seen him demonstrate the finishing quality and killer instinct to help Leipzig move on from Werner. Statistically, too, he's not even come close to 15 goals per season let alone breach 10 goals in the Bundesliga alone. However, Rashica's all-rounded game is a better fit for Leipzig than Sørloth's, so he might be more effective even if he doesn't score as many goals.
This season doesn't look particularly great, but the two years before he's outperformed his xG quite a bit and Werder wasn't exactly the club to rack up the goals either. I wouldn't play him upfront, but rather from deep/or one of the wings, making penetrating runs. This is where the professionals earn their salary, they have to determine how well his performances would scale up in a proper attack. Whether he has the positional intelligence to consistently make well-timed runs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think McGrath did as well, smells like a brief.
McGrath mainly covered Ole getting a new contract before going over the multiple links and players of interest (not comprehensive). He excluded both Rice and Pau Torres whilst talking about how Kane could affect our transfer activity (and not necessarily us working to bring him in).

This does, however, feel like a leak from the club.

mav_9me

SOP from the Glazers. Brief journos about incoming transfer spree after loss.

And yet people fall for it. Sigh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.