g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare7

I genuinely think we can. Depending on how we perform on the pitch next season, thats key. We've certainly got the money to do it. But it could all fall apart depending on the agent demands and potential release clauses, all over again.
It’s probably not happening because it’s not about the money, it’s going to be about where Haaland wants to go. The release clause is nothing and no one is going to banter over wages. The agent fees will be annoying but dealt with quickly. The only real question is simply where he wants to go. Do I think it’s United? I do not. But I also have zero insider info and that’s a guess worth as much as anyone else’s. Who knows where we’ll be in a year?

theklr

I’ve been advocating that we should keep Pogba but if he genuinely doesn’t want to sign a new deal then he can go do one.
Yeah, think he’s lost now. A shame since we’re getting a very exciting team, but most important part now is getting something back for him

saivet

I’ve been advocating that we should keep Pogba but if he genuinely doesn’t want to sign a new deal then he can go do one. The fact he wants to spend his peak years playing for PSG in the French league astounds me.
Given he's spent a good number of years playing for a pretty shite United not competing I wouldn't blame him for seeking guaranteed trophies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Given he's spent a good number of years playing for a pretty shite United not competing I wouldn't blame him for seeking guaranteed trophies.
But leaving at a time when it is getting better for French league shows lack of ambition. He can sign a contract with promise that we will let him go to Real or Juve next season for a relatively lower price. Going to PSG is a huge step down. He can go to absolutely any other top club out there.

By step down i mean the league. PSG are a great team built by oil money.

Canagel

I’ve been advocating that we should keep Pogba but if he genuinely doesn’t want to sign a new deal then he can go do one. The fact he wants to spend his peak years playing for PSG in the French league astounds me.
why should he be forced to sign our contract? He isn't our slave, he is a employee of the club and it's not like we challenge for any major trophies to give him a good reason to stay here

saivet

But leaving at a time when it is getting better for French league shows lack of ambition. He can sign a contract with promise that we will let him go to Real or Juve next season for a relatively lower price. Going to PSG is a huge step down. He can go to absolutely any other top club out there.

By step down i mean the league. PSG are a great team built by oil money.
Unless there is a low release clause involved it's probably a risk not worth taking for him. Neither Juventus and Real Madrid are in great shape, even if Ligue 1 is a step down. He's French too, so if that league can appeal to anyone surely it will be French players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would have thought he could get better, 5th division I mean without knowing about it but I would have though U23 level is harder than that.
When you think we played 16-18 year olds quite regularly in our u23s, not really.

Lot of experience down in those leagues as well, he needs to get back to a better level, he tailed off towards the end of the campaign.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Raiola does an irreplacable job for the players. Serving their interests, being an object of hate from the fans. So its painted as if Raiola is the bad guy and his clients are just innocent lambs who he's stringing along whereas in reality he's always acting on instructions from his clients. The footballers use him to do their dirty work, while maintaining a clean image themselves. Its not surprising that he's paid as much as he is.
Yeah, that's right. He's very good at absorbing all of the negative attention and keeping the players out of the limelight. In that case, I can definitely see why he's sought after.
Provide competition for the young strikers? He was a CB and not a very good one at that, bizarre signing :lol:
He'll be a CB in training and allow our young strikers to develop their game more by facing him in training. Who knows, maybe we'll see him in a few U23 matches as well. With Will Fish out on loan and Mengi likely to leave, our next CB coming up is Björn Hardley, who has his first season of U-18 football last season. We don't really have too many CBs coming up right now, so McShane might get on the pitch more often than not, I think.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Mbappe for Pogba.

Get it done.

Play him as a striker.

Rashford
Mbappe
Sancho

:eek::devil::drool:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Here's the decrypted Tweet in Spanish:

Basically, Mbappé tells Poch that he doesn't want to renew his contract.

I'm guessing Díaz does this because his English isn't good.

EDIT: The article in English
  • Mbappé prefers to join "a European powerhouse to compete for the Champions League".
  • Real Madrid are waiting for the right moment to start negotiations (similar to Alaba).
  • Perez has a good relationship with Nasser al-Khelaifi.
  • Perez feels that the situation is in Real Madrid's favour.

Last edited:

Partridge

Yeah, think he’s lost now. A shame since we’re getting a very exciting team, but most important part now is getting something back for him
50 - 60 million should do it from psg. We will give him a picture of a spitfire and a firm handshake and send him on his way.

SATA

How has PSG allow Mbappe’s contract running to only a year left when he is their crown jewel? Not very good planning there

M4YON

Source is this article behind a paywall if you know how to get around them ;)

stevoc

How has PSG allow Mbappe’s contract running to only a year left when he is their crown jewel? Not very good planning there
Because they refuse to sell him despite the fact he wants to leave and they can't force him to sign a new contract.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Here's the decrypted Tweet in Spanish:

Basically, Mbappé tells Poch that he doesn't want to renew his contract.

I'm guessing Díaz does this because his English isn't good.
I'd be disappointed if we didn't atleast look into this transfer considering our need for a striker. Real seems like where he wants to go, but he could spend 5 years here and still be primed for Real.

All the gossip about him with England has been about Liverpool however. I'm sure they've done their homework.

SAFMUTD

When you think we played 16-18 year olds quite regularly in our u23s, not really.

Lot of experience down in those leagues as well, he needs to get back to a better level, he tailed off towards the end of the campaign.
Well at least he'll be playing against men and not kids. But even if he does really well there the level is so far from the EPL that it will be hard to judge him.

roseguy64

Provide competition for the young strikers? He was a CB and not a very good one at that, bizarre signing :lol:
I think you've misunderstood what they mean. He's not going to be playing as a striker. He's just going to show them how it is against men playing for their livelihood.

Status
Not open for further replies.