g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynty

Something really dodgy going on with this transfer.

25 year old winger who was probably their best player. 11 goals and 8 assist last season, 8 goals and 20ass in the championship.

Rumours coming from WBA fans that they are only getting £7m up front guaranteed, the rest of the £20m is paid if after he meets some unlikley conditions.

- 150 apps
- 70 goals
- Full Brazil debut at a major tournament

They paid close to £9m for him, so have basically lost money.

I wager he's moved on from Saudi Arabia fairly quickly, as some sort of Third party ownership scam.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Lingard is just going to stop people like Elanga, Amad and Hannibal from getting any games. When will this club ever be ruthless?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lingard is just going to stop people like Elanga, Amad and Hannibal from getting any games. When will this club ever be ruthless?
Lingard probably doesn't want his wages to drop. Have you considered that? The club are to blame in all this. We pay mediocre players wages that belong to top class players.

No doubt we probably covered some of his wages last season otherwise Westham would be all over him this summer surely given how well he did for them.

Santos J

Something really dodgy going on with this transfer.

25 year old winger who was probably their best player. 11 goals and 8 assist last season, 8 goals and 20ass in the championship.

Rumours coming from WBA fans that they are only getting £7m up front guaranteed, the rest of the £20m is paid if after he meets some unlikley conditions.

- 150 apps
- 70 goals
- Full Brazil debut at a major tournament

They paid close to £9m for him, so have basically lost money.

I wager he's moved on from Saudi Arabia fairly quickly, as some sort of Third party ownership scam.
Nothing dodgy at all. His wage demands put any PL clubs off going in for him and also meant WBA had to lower their asking price considering he wasn't playing and training on his own so would've just been left to pay him for feck all. Got offered £135k a week from a Saudi club early on so was then asking the same from any PL club but after tax so £200k+/week. Leeds were offered and interested then the wage demands came out and there was no chance.

Lynty

Nothing dodgy at all. His wage demands put any PL clubs off going in for him and also meant WBA had to lower their asking price considering he wasn't playing and training on his own so would've just been left to pay him for feck all. Got offered £135k a week from a Saudi club early on so was then asking the same from any PL club but after tax so £200k+/week. Leeds were offered and interested then the wage demands came out and there was no chance.
Oh ok, holy crap thats a big jump in salary for him

Blood Mage

I thought his stint at West Ham would convince Lingard that it was in his best interest to leave United and repair his reputation and national team status, but alas no it seems he wants to continue sitting on his arse collecting massive wages. And we're too sentimental to tell him to feck off.

GBBQ

Lingard probably doesn't want his wages to drop. Have you considered that?
Lingard probably doesn't want to leave the club he's been at since childhood. One of the biggest teams in the world. have you considered that?

Devil may care

He's turning into Jesse Clingard, he's never going to displace Bruno and we've kept Mata as back-up and Sancho can also cover, he's at an age where he needs to be the starter in his position at a club where he'll be a main player.

the_cliff

Lingard probably doesn't want his wages to drop. Have you considered that? The club are to blame in all this. We pay mediocre players wages that belong to top class players.

No doubt we probably covered some of his wages last season otherwise Westham would be all over him this summer surely given how well he did for them.
Agreed, 100 k a week is the main problem with Lingard. Can't see the current mid table teams pay the 20-30m and Lingards demand for wages. Either the club or Lingard will have to budge and Lingard is on the last year of his contract so holds all the cards. This is the problem we have, everyone praises Chelsea for their ability to sell for good fees. We're giving out bumper contracts to anyone like we're the make a wish foundation. Dean Henderson is on 100 k a week, Brandon Williams is on 75 and Tuanzabe is currently on 50 but we want to offer him a new contract.

In comparison Chelsea have Zouma on 40 k, Tammy Abraham on 50 k, Ampadu is on 7.5k and Musonda is on 10k. Mason Mount is on 90 k if he was here he'd be on 200.

RUCK4444

Lingard probably doesn't want to leave the club he's been at since childhood. One of the biggest teams in the world. have you considered that?
This. I've said this previously, why on gods earth would Lingard want to leave United (the club he supports and has been at since childhood) to go to West Ham for less money. I mean come on :lol:

If I'm Lingard I'm begging Ole for another chance at United. Begging.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought his stint at West Ham would convince Lingard that it was in his best interest to leave United and repair his reputation and national team status, but alas no it seems he wants to continue sitting on his arse collecting massive wages. And we're too sentimental to tell him to feck off.
To be fair, the report only says Lingard's side. We could easily say, we plan to play Elanga and Amad ahead of you.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Lingard stays (which is looking more likely), Amad and probably Elanga have to go on loan. There’s just too many names ahead of them in the pecking order right now.

GBBQ

This. I've said this previously, why on gods earth would Lingard want to leave United (the club he supports and has been at since childhood) to go to West Ham for less money. I mean come on :lol:

If I'm Lingard I'm begging Ole for another chance at United. Begging.
Absolutely guarantee every United fan on this forum would be offering to be the tea lady and kit man if it meant they could stay at United.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
LW: Rashford, James, Pogba (Martial)
RW: Sancho, Greenwood, Mata
No.10: Fernandes, Lingard (VdB)

Even without competing against themselves, there’s 9 players ahead of them across 3 positions. We really do need to chop at least 2 or 3 of those off the list. Sales must happen or these players have to go on loan. They need consistent football.

Withnail

His poxy purple patch was too purple. Now he's deluded himself and apparently Ole into thinking he has a future at United.

He's unlikely to ever go on a run of form like that again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No I accept that he probably doesn't. However I think some people put too much emphasis on this. If Westham put up a contract offer that matches ours and he gets to play every game he'd go there in a heartbeat for me. Money money money. That's what it comes down to.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not sure about that , I believe Leicester must be looking at somebody who could start games regularly for them while with Tuanzebe it's not even clear he actually belongs at Premier level let alone regularly start for team trying to break in top four.
It's temporary, the loan and their need for a CB. It obviously won't happen but for us, it'd be good.

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Any rumours about Andrea Belotti? I see his contract expire next summer. Think he would fit us very well.

Santos J

Oh ok, holy crap thats a big jump in salary for him
Yep, imagine he'll be back in Europe in a couple of years but definitely priced himself out of a move anywhere else this year after he got that first offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.