Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun1

5m loan followed by another 15m for buying. That puts his price at 20m. More than we paid for him. We can’t possibly justify that
Presumably, AC Milan would have paid a loan fee first time around as well.
Dragging a bit…power games still going on maybe?
A bit far fetched but I was thinking that maybe Barca & Messi were hoping to put pressure on the Spanish FA and that's why he's delaying signing with PSG.
Or as @UTD_Since_1978 said, maybe he's hoping for other teams to offer a contract.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Official: Josh Sargent signs for Norwich City.

@WI_Red @MrMarcello @Zaphod2319

Good move for him I think, although that depends on if he is coming in as a starter or to back up Pukki. With Cantwell and Aarons he has some excellent teammates and I like how Farke plays.

Pop quiz :), Sargeant is not the only player with US National team caps under contract right now for Norwich City, can you name the other?

who is more talented in your opinion him or Dike?
Before the Gold Cup I would have said it was close as they are very different players. Sargeant started dropping deep towards the end of the year and even played on the wing, while Dike is much more of a leading the line type of striker. After Dike struggled so much in the GC I think it swings back to Sargeant, although Hoppe gained significantly on them both.

ATXRedDevil

So if Haaland shared that perception and considers Man Utd as a preferred permanent destination, why would he insist on a release clause in the first place, why wouldn't it be possible to negotiate a contract without it?

As I said, something doesn't add up.

Unless you assume the attractiveness to Haaland as a destination of Man United 2022 has fundamentally changed from Man United 2020. It's possible, but for that you need to have a head-turning season, in my view.
He wanted to go somewhere he would be guaranteed to play every game (sounds crazy now to think he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter somewhere, but remember he was an 18 y/o playing in Austria before the move) and develop and he, his dad and/or Raiola had eyes on a transfer a couple of seasons later at a price that would be low enough that they could all get another small fortune (hence the release clause being so low for such a talent). Dortmund was the perfect move for him, to be honest. I don't think Bayern would have signed him on the terms Dortmund did, either, and whatever club signs him next summer, I don't expect they'll be pushing for a release clause this time around.

At that stage of his sporting development, considering his desire to be somewhere for a couple of seasons and the near-term financial goals they had in mind, it made sense for him to go to a Dortmund and not a United, Real or Bayern. Dortmund get a nice profit guaranteed and a great young player for a couple of years, Haaland and camp get a fat pay day at around 22 years of age and then he moves on to the big time.

Based on what he's said about wanting to play in multiple of the top leagues, I agree with the other poster that Bayern is less likely than some of the other major teams (purely because he's experienced Germany), but certainly not ruling you guys out. I'd have Bayern as favorites or near favorites if he wasn't already in the Bundesliga. It'll be between United, Bayern, City (if they don't get Kane) and Juve and Real (if they aren't broke), in my opinion. Reckon he ends up in England or Spain and then move to a club in the other country after a few years (or maybe back to Germany for Bayern). Seems like he wants to pull an Ibra and bounce around and experience different clubs/leagues.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I always rated Shakiri. Whenever I have watched him for Switzerland or one of his clubs, he has looked decent. Why’s it not worked out? Fitness?
Mostly injuries. He's been a good player for us overall, just not fit often enough.

Elliot will be taking his place in the squad I expect.

Cloud7

While it would feel overall surreal to have Lionel Messi signing for my club, I would still have mixed feelings as to just how motivated he would actually be. It's glaringly obvious Messi doesn't actually want to leave Barcelona, and going to PSG is because it's his only way out. Sort of like when Di Maria came to United.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Roma and Chelsea have reached an agreement over Abraham's transfer.
    • Payment plan: 5 million Euros up front; 35-40 million Euros over the next few seasons
    • Decision required on whether the transfer's permanent or loan + buy option
  • Negotiations stalled between Atalanta and Chelsea
  • Arsenal expressed their interest, but they have to sell a striker to make room for Abraham.
  • Roma's deadline for Abraham: Thursday/Friday

Giggsyking

• Roma and Chelsea have reached an agreement over Abraham's transfer.
    • Payment plan: 5 million Euros up front; 35-40 million Euros over the next few seasons
    • Decision required on whether the transfer's permanent or loan + buy option
  • Negotiations stalled between Atalanta and Chelsea
  • Arsenal expressed their interest, but they have to sell a striker to make room for Abraham.
  • Roma's deadline for Abraham: Thursday/Friday
40m for fecking Tammy Abraham. This must be a joke.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Messi doesn't actually want to leave Barcelona, and going to PSG is because it's his only way out.
It isn’t. The best player in the history of the sport (possibly) could’ve chosen any club in the world but decided on PSG for whatever reason.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
who is more talented in your opinion him or Dike?
I have never been a big fan of his, I think he slows the U.S. attack, but he is developing. Right now he is more usable than Dike, but I think Dike has the better upside.

Baneofthegame

It isn’t. The best player in the history of the sport (possibly) could’ve chosen any club in the world but decided on PSG for whatever reason.
Nothing to do with the insane amount of cash he will be receiving?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
$$$$

also probably due to many of his friends being there...

Could be. He’d be the first elite footballer I’ve heard of who picked a club because he had a couple of friends there, though.
Nothing to do with the insane amount of cash he will be receiving?
I’m guessing yes, but who knows. But it’s remarkable if money was his main motivation considering he’s already a billionaire.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

• PSV want €15-20m and won't settle for less
  • Both Everton and Inter originally wanted to loan, PSV refused
  • Inter will make an offer this week thanks to the Lukaku money
  • Dumfries is still set to join the PSV squad after Midtjylland away (was training separately)

theklr

I’m guessing yes, but who knows. But it’s remarkable if money was his main motivation considering he’s already a billionaire.
For the top elite the money you earn is more of a confirmation, both for yourself and in comparison to others, but also on how much the particular club wants you, than the actual need of them.

I mean , Ronaldo left RM because he didnt get paid as much as Messi did and he didnt want to feel like he was worth less than him as a footballer.

spottieottiedopaliscious

Good move for him I think, although that depends on if he is coming in as a starter or to back up Pukki. With Cantwell and Aarons he has some excellent teammates and I like how Farke plays.

Pop quiz :), Sargeant is not the only player with US National team caps under contract right now for Norwich City, can you name the other?

Before the Gold Cup I would have said it was close as they are very different players. Sargeant started dropping deep towards the end of the year and even played on the wing, while Dike is much more of a leading the line type of striker. After Dike struggled so much in the GC I think it swings back to Sargeant, although Hoppe gained significantly on them both.
Sebastian Soto.... what did I win?

It will be interesting to see how Sargent does. Neither him or Dike have ever wowed me but very few US forwards/strikers have in the past few years. We’ll see if Dike gets a move back to England. During the last Atl v Orlando game commentators seemed sure he would be on the move.

Knightmare7

Have we learned nothing about billionaires? It doesn’t take a full-blooded Marxist to know that these people only want more and more money. The word ‘enough’ isn’t in their lexicon. It’s disgusting and only continues because people believe themselves to be temporarily embarrassed millionaires themselves when they’re poor.

Met a billionaire once. Was absolutely as disconnected from reality as I thought they’d be. Sad watching their children being brought up by them

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
For the top elite the money you earn is more of a confirmation, both for yourself and in comparison to others, but also on how much the particular club wants you, than the actual need of them.

I mean , Ronaldo left RM because he didnt get paid as much as Messi did and he didnt want to feel like he was worth less than him as a footballer.
I don’t know any elite footballers so obviously can’t speak for them, but I’d just find it weird and somewhat disappointing that Messi ends up finishing a truly amazing career in a league that no one watches because they happen to be the only club capable of making him feel really wanted with 50 million a year or whatever he’ll get.

I suppose they have a decent shot at the cl, which could of course also matter.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Sebastian Soto.... what did I win?

It will be interesting to see how Sargent does. Neither him or Dike have ever wowed me but very few US forwards/strikers have in the past few years. We’ll see if Dike gets a move back to England. During the last Atl v Orlando game commentators seemed sure he would be on the move.
My eternal, well momentary is more likely, respect. I would tend to agree, but I could also see Hoppe, Weah, or even Pulisic, given a shot. Actually, the Pulisic idea would let GB start Aaronson start on the left, where he has been fantastic.

spottieottiedopaliscious

My eternal, well momentary is more likely, respect. I would tend to agree, but I could also see Hoppe, Weah, or even Pulisic, given a shot. Actually, the Pulisic idea would let GB start Aaronson start on the left, where he has been fantastic.
I may have cheated. ;)

I was thinking Pulisic but we know that US national coaches and thinking out of the box don’t go hand in hand. I still get scared that Jozy Altidore will find a way back into the mix.

DMacgraw

I think this is short-term thinking by United. What happens when the 1-yr loan is over? The reason to loan a player is to get him regular game time to improve his game, so he'll be good enough to play in your own squad after the loan, or be more attractive to other clubs if you want to sell then. Clearly, Villa is bringing in Axel to be a backup at CB and RB. Would he get enough game time at Villa to become a quality player at CB? Who knows. But if he doesn't because he spends most of the loan period warming the bench he'll become another problem for United to shift next summer. A loan to a club like Newcastle that is more likely to play him regularly, even if for a lower loan fee, would have been the smarter move in the long term.

CG1010

I am loving this drama free end to the transfer window for us. I know there are questions about whether we will sign a midfielder or Trippier but our key signings are already in place and I am not that bothered because I know we can fill the remaining holes of a ST, CM and RB next window easily. We already seem to have done substantial ground work on it already. We did well to sign Sancho early this time otherwise after Lukaku/Grealish deals, who knows if the price would have shot up again. Now Sancho's signings seems like done at a bargain price compared to these other moves. For once, we have been competent in the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.