Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
40 mil euros for Tammy would be Roma's second highest transfer fee ever. I'm sure, the deal is structured so that Roma only pay Chelsea a small amount over the next 3 years and Roma trying to offload him again to some English club by then. Even considering that, this deal smells of shady dealings from Chelsea.

Previously, I thought Chelsea had a remarkable team (Iron lady :lol:) to get crazy amounts for their unwanted players like Costa, and Morata; players wanting to leave like Hazard, and Oscar. Now I this Tammy deal makes me reconsider those past transfer dealings.
it is amazing, like they are cheating in some way.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

I'm gonna defend United a bit here. You're right we would do that, but thats because we genuinely want to develop players and want them to succeed with us - because we're a football club and not merely a human trafficking company dealing in footballers.

On the flip side, if we were more like Chelsea, I would have absolutely hated that I could have had KdB, Salah and Lukaku for free and ended up spending 100 million to be able to have the worst of those 3 play for us after they came through our academy. On the balance sheet you might think Chelsea did good by selling them all, but I don't agree.
None of those 3 came through Chelsea's academy, all were bought for the first team and then loaned out when they didn't make an immediate impact.

Idxomer

40 mil euros for Tammy would be Roma's second highest transfer fee ever. I'm sure, the deal is structured so that Roma only pay Chelsea a small amount over the next 3 years and Roma trying to offload him again to some English club by then. Even considering that, this deal smells of shady dealings from Chelsea.

Previously, I thought Chelsea had a remarkable team (Iron lady :lol:) to get crazy amounts for their unwanted players like Costa, and Morata; players wanting to leave like Hazard, and Oscar. Now I this Tammy deal makes me reconsider those past transfer dealings.
There's absolutely no way Atletico Madrid paid over 100m for both Morata and Costa.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
While people are playing up the Chelsea conspiracy theories, somebody is going to need to tell me how we have not got rid of these players with our global cheating.

Abdul Rahman Baba
Jake Clarke-Salter
Matt Miazga
Dujon Sterling
Davide Zappacosta
Ross Barkley
Danny Drinkwater
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Michy Batshuayi
Ethan Ampadu
Lewis Baker

Matthew84!

While people are playing up the Chelsea conspiracy theories, somebody is going to need to tell me how we have not got rid of these players with our global cheating.

Abdul Rahman Baba
Jake Clarke-Salter
Matt Miazga
Dujon Sterling
Davide Zappacosta
Ross Barkley
Danny Drinkwater
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Michy Batshuayi
Ethan Ampadu
Lewis Baker
Don't they keep them tied down to long term contracts and when they need to sign someone for a large amount and balance the books they find buyers for a few. Always have players ready to sell.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Abdul Rahman Baba
Jake Clarke-Salter
Matt Miazga
Dujon Sterling
Davide Zappacosta
Ross Barkley
Danny Drinkwater
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Michy Batshuayi
Ethan Ampadu
Lewis Baker
Genuinely had no idea this player even existed and thought you were taking the piss.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Ctrl-F "Chelsea" in the Football leaks of 2040 will light up like a Christmas tree. Some deals make no sense :houllier:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

Abdul Rahman Baba
Jake Clarke-Salter
Matt Miazga
Dujon Sterling
Davide Zappacosta
Ross Barkley
Danny Drinkwater
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Michy Batshuayi
Ethan Ampadu
Lewis Baker
Because they are shit

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
There's absolutely no way Atletico Madrid paid over 100m for both Morata and Costa.
It was reported as £56m and £58m so yeah it looks like they did, unless you know something I don't.
Their other transfers above 40 mil euros are Felix (shady), Lemar, Griez, and Falcao (shady - third party ownership deal). You can't seriously think they'd be breaking their transfer records for players Chelsea wants to offload.

nuanced

Abdul Rahman Baba
Jake Clarke-Salter
Matt Miazga
Dujon Sterling
Davide Zappacosta
Ross Barkley
Danny Drinkwater
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Michy Batshuayi
Ethan Ampadu
Lewis Baker
You don't have to do these under the table deals for all of your players to balance the books. The buying club needs to be equally receptive to get in bed for such deals.

SAF is the GOAT

Official: John Stones stays
Instantly when I see this post I remember the twat Jamie Ohara saying that he's better than Varane.
The guy that at the most had 1 good year and was in Everton up until 5 years is better than a guy who won 4 CL, a world cup and got in 14 finals in his career and won 14.

nuanced

Ctrl-F "Chelsea" in the Football leaks of 2040 will light up like a Christmas tree. Some deals make no sense :houllier:
Can you share the link for this? I found this, but sounds like there is another page with more details?

sparx99

I'm gonna defend United a bit here. You're right we would do that, but thats because we genuinely want to develop players and want them to succeed with us - because we're a football club and not merely a human trafficking company dealing in footballers.

On the flip side, if we were more like Chelsea, I would have absolutely hated that I could have had KdB, Salah and Lukaku for free and ended up spending 100 million to be able to have the worst of those 3 play for us after they came through our academy. On the balance sheet you might think Chelsea did good by selling them all, but I don't agree.
Chelsea paid big fees for all three of those players and sold them for good money too. None of them were academy players but the point stands that they sold them far too soon just because Mourinho is a dick. If Mourinho had stuck around here we’d have likely lost Shaw and look at how he’s turned it around.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
None of those 3 came through Chelsea's academy, all were bought for the first team and then loaned out when they didn't make an immediate impact.
Ok maybe I was mistaken on that, but doesn't change the fact that they had them and then sold them. Maybe they wouldn't have had to fork out 100+ million for Havertz and Werner if they had kept them now would they? A little patience goes a long way.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
On one of United's potential loans:
  • Garner will leave on loan once he signs a contract extension.
  • Garner has lots of control over his destination.
  • Along with Forest, both Stoke and Derby are also interested.
  • Garner's open to a Forest return.

Status
Not open for further replies.