Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I am entitled to agree with posters. Makes a change from posters arguing. Do you agree
You disagree with me mate because you said this: ''But he came in to steady a sinking ship. Remember SAF said that titles were won on the back of 1-0 wins.''

And then your next post you switched 180 degree.

Again, not sure why are you replying to my post. One post you disagree with the original point, one post you agree on the same original point.

izec

Rice, Lukaku and Traore would be great signings for Tuchel. Also important for squad depth. City linked with Kane and Grealish.

CR7 wouldnt be worth it. Pure sentimentality. Juve have seen that the collective is more important than a single player. But Ole needs his
players to bail him out with individual skill, so not surprised.

nainaisson

CR7 wouldnt be worth it. Pure sentimentality. Juve have seen that the collective is more important than a single player. But Ole needs his
players to bail him out with individual skill, so not surprised.
Chelsea played with a back 5 that City couldn't break down. By your logic, Pep must be a tactical imbecile like Ole.

Yeah, fine, Chelsea didn't finish 7th in La Liga. Still, your take is a bit simplistic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Chelsea played with a back 5 that City couldn't break down. By your logic, Pep must be a tactical imbecile like Ole.

Yeah, fine, Chelsea didn't finish 7th in La Liga. Still, your take is a bit simplistic.
I find this parallel a bit weird. City have a striker shaped hole in their team whereas we extended Cavani stay for a further year. Ronaldo doesn't have many seasons left in him, so it's an odd transfer.

nainaisson

I find this parallel a bit weird. City have a striker shaped hole in their team whereas we extended Cavani stay for a further year. Ronaldo doesn't have many seasons left in him, so it's an odd transfer.
City play a brilliant system, thanks to their genius manager Pep, in which player brilliance doesn't matter, which is why they spent so little on buying players. That was my point.

krentz

Any chance of City selling Laporte or Raheem to us? ;)

Pep what a great manager could work within the tight budget aye! :lol:

why would Juve put price tag on Ronaldo? They should be happy if some clubs are willing take Ronaldo off their wages structure.

krentz

City play a brilliant system, thanks to their genius manager Pep, in which player brilliance doesn't matter, which is why they spent so little on buying players. That was my point.
How did i missed this post? "spent so little" :lol::lol::lol: He just spent 100M on 2 CBs alone last summer! :lol::lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How did i missed this post? "spent so little" :lol::lol::lol: He just spent 100M on 2 CBs alone last summer! :lol::lol:
Yeah but when you think about it, they didn't spend 200m on them. Without a genius manager using a genius system they might have needed to!

krentz

Yeah but when you think about it, they didn't spend 200m on them. Without a genius manager using a genius system they might have needed to!
It's freakin crazy. Read somehere here that apparently Pep could win the league with Lindelof :lol: I mean he can't even win the league with Laporte and stones who are superior CB to Victoria Linda. Things people would say just to undermine our manager is so rawk-ish, pathetic really.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
West Ham will probably quote any club sniffing around Rice something like £80-100m. And I don’t think anyone would be dumb enough to pay that for a DM. Much like Harry Kane, I believe he stupidly signed a very long term contract and is basically stuck at WH until they say so.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We don’t need Sterling. But a Laporte - Fred swap wouldn’t be bad :D

Anyway if Ole buys Ronaldo then I will request a transfer from Ole-in to Ole-out. That will show him!

nainaisson

I was sarcastically making the same argument that I interpreted another poster making. But the sarcasm wasn't apparent, I guess. I don't mind since reading people's reactions is kind of entertaining.

hubbuh

All hail the omnipotent Bald One, our lord, saviour and creator.

Counterfactual

Trouble is we've spent bucket loads on mostly 4th or 5th choices instead of spending the big bucks on the true world class talent leaving us with Lindelof, Fred, Mata, Matic & VDB who hardly played last season & in the past signing the likes of Fellini, that average midfielder from Southampton whose name escapes me (Scnideling or something) & has totally disappeared since leaving UTD & others like them.

We need to spend the big money on players that will make a difference & hold down a regular starting place not spend £40m-£50m on numerous players who don't make a difference & hardly ever earn a place in the starting line-up.

Say, for example we've forked out on average £50m per player on 10 players over the past 6 years & every one of them hasn't made that much difference & hasn't improved the team, that's about £500m down the drain, compare that with forking out £100m each on 5 world class players that will make a difference & will be regular first team starters, the same outlay (£500m) but instead of having 10 players leaving UTD after making zero difference or staying at UTD and hardly playing, you've got 5 players who are true quality & regular starters, maybe then we would be nearer to winning things.
I agree with your point, but we don't seem to have the skills to land top calibre players. It's not just about money. Look at the Kane saga. It seems City have laid the groundwork starting a long time ago to attempt to prise him from Spurs. Knowing us, we'll waltz in at the last minute, offer a bit less cash, chat about Disneyland and lose out. Even with our successes we haggled for months on end (Bruno, Maguire) and eventually somehow manage to land the player despite our incompetence. Perhaps that's why we've signed so many "4th or 5th choice" players. We need to court the world's superstars properly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You think player brilliance doesn't matter in Peps system? Honestly I don't think his team look remotely similar if he didn't have top options in every area of the pitch.

nainaisson

You think player brilliance doesn't matter in Peps system? Honestly I don't think his team look remotely similar if he didn't have top options in every area of the pitch.
My post was a lame attempt at sarcasm that backfired on me in spectacular fashion.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
United are interested in Raphael Varane, Declan Rice and Jadon Sancho, while Solskjaer refused to rule out a move for a striker amid Harry Kane's desire to leave Tottenham.

Real Madrid are prepared to sell Varane, 28, to United in order to obtain a fee rather than losing the Frenchman on a free next summer. Dortmund have slashed their asking price for Sancho, 21, from £108m last year to around £80million but Rice, 22, would be pricier as he has three years left on his West Ham contract and is also admired by Chelsea and Manchester City.

Bocca9978

Eh?
Edit: just seen your sarcasm post.

Cloud7

Morata is one of those things that makes me think there are some things in football that football people see, that I, as a non football person, don’t.

Big club after big club and top manager after top manager continually want him, and for the life of me I just don’t understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.