Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danillaco

My favourite non-United player. I'll never understand why United never purchased him and Mahrez when we had such obvious glaring needs for exactly the same type of players.

Absolute incompetence!
I think it's humanly impossible not to love Kanté. Wonderful to watch him play.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Thought i saw a Martial-related tweet. Was it deleted :confused: :confused:
Yeah, was an alleged story from fichajes.net (think it's a garbage source) saying Spurs are willing to offer 35 million euros for Martial, but we want at least 40.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Besides ruling out both Raúl and Antonio Conte for the Real Madrid managerial vacancy, the Tweet also states the following:
  • Lucas Vázquez will renew his contract with Real Madrid.
  • Sergio Ramos will leave Real Madrid this summer.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
That's a great way to ruin a champions league winning side.
We need a striker who can put small teams to the sword when we dominate and create chance after chance. Lukaku can certainly do that. It’s the main reason why we scraped 4th this season. Unable to score from the dozen chances we created and getting sucker punched by shit teams repeatedly.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We need a striker who can put small teams to the sword when we dominate and create chance after chance. Lukaku can certainly do that. It’s the main reason why we scraped 4th this season. Unable to score from the dozen chances we created and getting sucker punched by shit teams repeatedly.
Thats great and all, but its when the big games comes around, you think he's going to accept being a sub? No chance, and having Lukaku in big games is basically having him play against you.

UTD_Since_1978

We have spent. Just not on the right personnel.
Trouble is we've spent bucket loads on mostly 4th or 5th choices instead of spending the big bucks on the true world class talent leaving us with Lindelof, Fred, Mata, Matic & VDB who hardly played last season & in the past signing the likes of Fellini, that average midfielder from Southampton whose name escapes me (Scnideling or something) & has totally disappeared since leaving UTD & others like them.

We need to spend the big money on players that will make a difference & hold down a regular starting place not spend £40m-£50m on numerous players who don't make a difference & hardly ever earn a place in the starting line-up.

Say, for example we've forked out on average £50m per player on 10 players over the past 6 years & every one of them hasn't made that much difference & hasn't improved the team, that's about £500m down the drain, compare that with forking out £100m each on 5 world class players that will make a difference & will be regular first team starters, the same outlay (£500m) but instead of having 10 players leaving UTD after making zero difference or staying at UTD and hardly playing, you've got 5 players who are true quality & regular starters, maybe then we would be nearer to winning things.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thats great and all, but its when the big games comes around, you think he's going to accept being a sub? No chance, and having Lukaku in big games is basically having him play against you.
Think he has improved and it's probably not fair to rate him with the same scale .

More over when you say big games, it's just against City though. He will easily be a good fit against United and Liverpool.

ti vu

Another great Mourinho signing.

Spurs are on a downward trajectory, annoying if Pochettino returns there because I've no doubt he would drag them back to top four contenders.
Mourinho didn't want Bergwjin. It's the club signing. Our Spurs residents can confirm.

Doubt over Poch ability to drag them back up soonest. I meant he didn't leave Spurs on high. He got sacked after losing the dressing room containing many of these players. If Poch returns to Spurs now, his short tenure at PSG if anything would do more harm to his authority. Losing Ligue 1 and leaving after 6 months, while Tuchel won CL at Chelsea during pretty much same period, there is now doubt over his ability to deal with demand and pressure at a more ambitious club.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think Poch leaving after 6 months will look bad to fans, but if he can make a real change at a new club, it will not hurt him.....If he loses the locker room at his new destination it could be a career ending blow. I think it is very risky with a huge reward, but a killer downside.

jeepers

Why on earth Utd didn't get themselves at the front of queue for him in the summer of 2016 still absolutely beggars belief, feels to me like we were massively prioritising getting Pogba back instead and therefore missed out on the player who would have fitted our midfield needs much better
We have been asking ourselves this same question since the glazers took over to be honest. It’s only the brilliance of Fergie that papered over the cracks, but we could still see the problems. It has definitely gotten worser (to absolute shite) after Fergie retired.

Having said that, we, as fans, have no clue what goes on behind the scenes. Neither do the journalists. That makes it even more frustrating, imo, and makes the people running our beloved club look like complete novices.

Every night I pray for a whistleblower to come out and expose all the management bullshit.

shahzy

Hes going to cry when he realises he wont be playing the big games. Its classic Lukaku

SecondFig

I do agree with you, but arguably the main reason you only finished 4th is because you had Lampard for half a season. If Tuchel had been in place last summer you'd probably have challenged for the title. Bit you're right - you do need a proper goal scoring striker

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I do agree with you, but arguably the main reason you only finished 4th is because you had Lampard for half a season. If Tuchel had been in place last summer you'd probably have challenged for the title. Bit you're right - you do need a proper goal scoring striker
Even under Tuchel profligacy in front of goal is by far and away our biggest issue.

Judas

Open to offers
He might want him but it'll be a massive feck you to Lampsy if they buy Rice for Tuchel when last summer they wouldn't. He'll obviously end up there if the deal can be done.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Trouble is we've spent bucket loads on mostly 4th or 5th choices instead of spending the big bucks on the true world class talent leaving us with Lindelof, Fred, Mata, Matic & VDB who hardly played last season & in the past signing the likes of Fellini, that average midfielder from Southampton whose name escapes me (Scnideling or something) & has totally disappeared since leaving UTD & others like them.

We need to spend the big money on players that will make a difference & hold down a regular starting place not spend £40m-£50m on numerous players who don't make a difference & hardly ever earn a place in the starting line-up.

Say, for example we've forked out on average £50m per player on 10 players over the past 6 years & every one of them hasn't made that much difference & hasn't improved the team, that's about £500m down the drain, compare that with forking out £100m each on 5 world class players that will make a difference & will be regular first team starters, the same outlay (£500m) but instead of having 10 players leaving UTD after making zero difference or staying at UTD and hardly playing, you've got 5 players who are true quality & regular starters, maybe then we would be nearer to winning things.
Spending big money is the issue

Inigo Montoya

He might want him but it'll be a massive feck you to Lampsy if they buy Rice for Tuchel when last summer they wouldn't. He'll obviously end up there if the deal can be done.
The problem last season was that he was given all the targets he basically wanted, including a record signing that needed a whole season to develop. He didn’t or couldn’t get the best out of that squad and if you look at the difference in approach to the later City games from the 3-0 debacle at Stamford Bridge you can see the difference Tuchel has made to the mentality of the side.
Simply put, they weren’t going to give him more signings when the ones he made and the squad were good enough to win the PL let alone the UCL

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think you need to watch Chelsea under Tuchel more. They tend to win 1-0 or only scored 1 goal due to they don't have enough clinical finisher in their team. In their 19 league games under Tuchel, only 9 games they managed to score more than 1 goal. Those 10 games were either 0-0 or 1-0. Majority were very closed matches score and they definitely need a new clinical striker to make sure they can win games instead of relying on 1-0 victory.

Inigo Montoya

Even under Tuchel profligacy in front of goal is by far and away our biggest issue.
So that underlines the point, Rice isn’t the answer atm.
You won’t get Haaland this season but you do need one. Kane I doubt will move to such hated rivals

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Shades of Mourinho wanting Maguire

Inigo Montoya

I think you need to watch Chelsea under Tuchel more. They tend to win 1-0 or only scored 1 goal due to they don't have enough clinical finisher in their team. In their 19 league games under Tuchel, only 9 games they managed to score more than 1 goal. Those 10 games were either 0-0 or 1-0.
But he came in to steady a sinking ship. He did that very well.
Remember SAF said that titles were won on the back of 1-0 wins. Get a clinical striker and they’ll
be winning a lot more

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
But he came in to steady a sinking ship. He did that very well.
Remember SAF said that titles were won on the back of 1-0 wins. Get a clinical striker and they’ll
be winning a lot more
You can't keep relying on 1-0 victory, because 1-0 victory has potential to get 0-0 draws like us (we had 7 of 0-0 draws in the league). Thus, why they need a clinical striker to make sure they don't get those draws.

Inigo Montoya

You can't keep relying on 1-0 victory, because 1-0 victory has potential to get 0-0 draws like us (we had 7 of 0-0 draws in the league). Thus, why they need a clinical striker to make sure they don't get those draws.
That’s the point, they need that clinical striker and then 1-0 turns into 2/3.
At any rate as UCL winners I doubt if they give a feck how he did it.
Next season will be crucial, remember they sacked Di Matteo after winning the thing

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s the point, they need that clinical striker and then 1-0 turns into 2/3.
At any rate as UCL winners I doubt if they give a feck how he did it.
Next season will be crucial, remember they sacked Di Matteo after winning the thing
Well, that's what I said. Not sure why are you replying to my post.

theklr

I think you need to watch Chelsea under Tuchel more. They tend to win 1-0 or only scored 1 goal due to they don't have enough clinical finisher in their team. In their 19 league games under Tuchel, only 9 games they managed to score more than 1 goal. Those 10 games were either 0-0 or 1-0. Majority were very closed matches score and they definitely need a new clinical striker to make sure they can win games instead of relying on 1-0 victory.
Im secretly hoping they bring in Lukaku and he'll be awful, but I think Tuchel will make him work.

Status
Not open for further replies.