Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

31 PAST IT. I’d be careful @sewey89 32 is grandpa age according to the CAF.

Wonder how ancient our main man striker Cavani must be feeling? Do we have to pay extra for his Zimmer frame?
Weird post, unless its an inside joke between you guys.

Unless you misunderstood me?

theklr

Seen some others semi-to-low reliable journos talking about a possible loan with an option to buy.

Which could bridge the gap to getting Rice next year. I'd rather buy Neves permanently since he is in good form and knows the PL, but maybe they wont go for Rice next year then.

Dont think Rice is worth the price tag anyhow , but english tax and caps etc.

b20times

He's off his rocker if he thinks we should drop 150/160m on Kane in the last week of the transfer window.
For me it feels like the Alex's Sanchez transfer all over again. It would be really funny if we gazumped Man City again.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Saúl Ñíguez will leave Atlético. The formula would be assignment with payment + purchase option. Chelsea is pushing a lot and keeps going but watch out for Manchester United who has entered the bidding for him

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Do Chelsea even need more midfielders?

Think Neves is less of a risk than Saul, but ofcourse needs more money upfront
We need someone to play in the absence of Kante, both when he has a knock and to rest him.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Weird post, unless its an inside joke between you guys.

Unless you misunderstood me?
Why would age determine ££? I get it that we shouldn't be spending the earth on him but why should age be a factor if he is good enough?

Kane going for £100m+ at 28

Sure Kane is world class but that proves that age doesn't matter when it comes to price.

£50M is too much for Trips, 40M, even 30M is too much. But £20M+ is a decent enough price for Trippier.

I just wouldn't go too far.

I just find it weird that we focus too much on a players age these days. Why does that even matter?

Sylar

Why would age determine ££? I get it that we shouldn't be spending the earth on him but why should age be a factor if he is good enough?

Kane going for £100m+ at 28

Sure Kane is world class but that proves that age doesn't matter when it comes to price.

£50M is too much for Trips, 40M, even 30M is too much. But £20M+ is a decent enough price for Trippier.

I just wouldn't go too far.

I just find it weird that we focus too much on a players age these days. Why does that even matter?
Age is always a factor, when has it not been? There are always a number of determining factors when looking to buy somebody.
Age, number of years left on contract, form, injury history.
Added to that, the value that the selling team put on him.

For us, it also includes wages and squad positions. We have put Williams out on loan, but we still have Shaw, Telles, Dalot and AWB as our full backs.

Up until now, Atleti have reportedly asked for 30m, 34m or close to that, depending on where you look.

Age is always a determining factor for teams buying when looking at the asking price. When has it not been? And its not just nowadays, its always been. Bizarre you would think otherwise.

Regardless of all that, I wouldnt care if we sign Trippier for 30m, however my point is I cannot see United paying 20m+ for a 31 year old RB or Atleti selling him for less than 30m. Would be happy if I was incorrect on that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Basically, Brighton don't want to pay the release clause up front (they want installments), and Getafe don't like that. Both sides are still negotiating, so let's see where this goes.

bucky

The order of the list makes no sense..

1. 18 year old who won't play more than 10 games
2. Loan for a player who would probably be a starter
3. PL proven, best fit (arguably), starter
Greenwood has shown that this is sort of argument is utter nonsense.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There should be restrictions in place for how many over 23 players clubs can have on their books.

Chelseas bloated squad and loan system is absurd. There is no way they should be allowed to have that many players and still be bringing in more.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Arena SBT via UOL

Willian's father on his son's future:
There are things that money doesn’t buy. Playing for Corinthians is priceless. Today, they could afford. Corinthians are cleaning up the squad and two, three players who leave already pay for it, even because William would come for free.

He’s really not happy, otherwise he wouldn’t want to leave. He has proposals from Europe, but it’s no secret that we want him to end his career at Corinthians. Today, everything depends on Corinthians making the proposal and Arsenal releasing him.

If it depended on my taste, he’d go back to Corinthians, wear the 10! But he’s a professional, and he knows about his career.
EDIT: More info

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.