Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubbuh

These buy-out clauses are getting weirder. I get that it's essentially locking them into the contract, but 100m/400m what's the difference?

Noone's paying anywhere near that for Aguero or this lad.

Well, this is scary news. Hopefully, it's Lukaku and Traore they end up with.
Is Lukaku and Rice particularly scary?

Mark Pawelek

This reads like an accounting trick. Barca padding their balance sheet? @Sassy Colin thoughts?
If you inflate company value, to drive up the share price, then the profit ratio falls; which lowers the share price! Markets don't lie, because loads of clever people work in finance to find the real price of shares, so-called "value in the market".

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
They always put super high buyout clauses, it's so they hold the cards in negotiations.
Yeah, i saw Aguero, who's like 87 years old after Caf standards, had 100 mill :lol:

I mean, why even have buyout then?
Just say "Nope, you can't buy him!".

Anustart89

Yeah, i saw Aguero, who's like 87 years old after Caf standards, had 100 mill :lol:

Every player in La Liga (Spain?) is legally required to have a release clause.

Withnail

I think someone said you have to one in Spain so you set it way higher than you expect anyone to be willing to pay so that it's not an issue.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Sounds good.
Well, this is scary news. Hopefully, it's Lukaku and Traore they end up with.
Scary he's looking for three players who can make an improvement to the team.

I did say hopefully he gets Lukaku and Traore.
In fecking credible.

United linked with Rice

The CAF: Nah never gonna happen! Pointless arguing it he’s never coming here!

Chelsea linked with Rice, Lukaku,

The CAF: Doom and gloom. OH MY GOD They’re gonna be soooo good. I’m so scared!. They’re gonna walk the league!:nervous::(:(:(:(

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If you inflate company value, to drive up the share price, then the profit ratio falls; which lowers the share price! Markets don't lie, because loads of clever people work in finance to find the real price of shares, so-called "value in the market".
Release clauses don't impact the balance sheets in any way, shape or form

Also barcelona are a non-profit organization

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
In fecking credible.

United linked with Rice

The CAF: Nah never gonna happen! Pointless arguing it he’s never coming here!

Chelsea linked with Rice, Lukaku,

The CAF: Doom and gloom. OH MY GOD They’re gonna be soooo good. I’m so scared!. They’re gonna walk the league!:nervous::(:(:(:(
Speaking to my step son yesterday who's a ST holder at WHU and is pretty well versed in all things Hammers related; Rice is going to cost silly money. Whether it's Chelsea or others, they will still need to balance books.And I doubt if they will get both Rice and Haaland...not this season

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why are they after Hakimi? Don’t they have Reece James who plays the exact same role.
They've recently been playing Hakimi at RCB and Azpilicueta at RWB, so maybe he wants to replace Azpi since he's getting on in years.

hubbuh

Scary he's looking for three players who can make an improvement to the team.

I did say hopefully he gets Lukaku and Traore.
Ah, when I quoted it only said 'Well, this is scary news'. Rice, Lukaku and Traore would be funny as feck.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Speaking to my step son yesterday who's a ST holder at WHU and is pretty well versed in all things Hammers related; Rice is going to cost silly money. Whether it's Chelsea or others, they will still need to balance books.And I doubt if they will get both Rice and Haaland...not this season
IMO they’d take £60M + Lingard

Which is a lot better than £80-100M

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I would imagine both City and Chelsea will outspend United this summer. Let's hope the scouts have done their job and the right players are targeted. Must admit I'm taking a step back from following the clubs transfer dealings this summer, used to be great craic but now it's just a worry. :lol:

gajender

How is it any better are we gonna pretend Lingard holds no value or what , £60M+ plus Lingard is roughly £80M give are take even as big fan of Rice that valuation doesn't sit right with me if that's what it would take to get Rice I rather hope we explore other options and don't waste our time.

Inigo Montoya

It is not immoral. The clause will never be activated. It's not a valuation. Not real money. It's just another way of saying he's not for sale.
Well your moral compass is a tad askew then of you think that is ‘normal’ in the real
World

Inigo Montoya

Well he did say 70 would get WHU talking so yes, 60+ Lingard would be on. I would value Jesse around 25. That’s a good deal for them.
However if Chelsea offered similar plus say Tammy, would they go for it? He’s right up their street. But Jesse is far more influential

dove

It's mandatory in La Liga. Having a massive buyout clause is basically "Nope, you can't buy him!".

RORY65

Well your moral compass is a tad askew then of you think that is ‘normal’ in the real
World
The contract has to have a release clause, if he's committed to staying there and they don't want any talk about his future then why not just put it as a high as possible to avoid any speculation of a club trying to trigger it?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
How is it any better are we gonna pretend Lingard holds no value or what , £60M+ plus Lingard is roughly £80M give are take even as big fan of Rice that valuation doesn't sit right with me if that's what it would take to get Rice I rather hope we explore other options and don't waste our time.
Which arguably is the reason why we “don’t compete”

Maguire cost £80M and is worth every penny, look how lost we looked when he got injured. As much hate as he gets on here he is integral to our club and our development.

Would you care how much he cost if he solved our DM problem and helped us win the league?

We could go the other route and do a Leicester and unlock a gem of a player like Ndidi, but the CAF would bitch and moan that we don’t compete and we don’t have any ambition and buying players in a “hope” that they become good.

I for one am all for signing rice at £80M

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Well he did say 70 would get WHU talking so yes, 60+ Lingard would be on. I would value Jesse around 25. That’s a good deal for them.
However if Chelsea offered similar plus say Tammy, would they go for it? He’s right up their street. But Jesse is far more influential
Plus they know Jesse works in their team

OmarUnited4ever

Barcelona have very interesting buyout clauses.
To be fair to them, since PSG paid out Neymar's buyout clause which was 200M euros, it kinda traumatized them, hence why they are putting these prohibitive buyout clauses for their players ( as seen they put 100M for a 33 yo Aguero), regardless of the players ability or talent or potential or age. of course if they wanna get rid of a player by selling, they won't be asking for a stupid fee, for example, if they wanna sell Coutinho, they wouldn't demand the buyout clause amount which is 400M euros, no one will even pay 50M for Coutinho now

Status
Not open for further replies.