Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

If Chelsea get Kounde and Saul, I’ll be asking serious questions of our board.

Regardless of us being able to move players or not, we must sign a midfielder.

We’ve used funds ahead of schedule before (Bruno) so why not this summer too?

Chelsea and Liverpool are already looking strong and I don’t see us finishing higher than them or City without anymore signings.
Our Board will be perfectly OK with that. It's finishing ahead of Leicester/Spurs (and therefore securing CL football) that is the priority.

croadyman

Our Board will be perfectly OK with that. It's finishing ahead of Leicester/Spurs (and therefore securing CL football) that is the priority.
God I hate to admit this is true and so sickening to see all of our rivals with such quality midfield depth whilst we can't even buy a starter player in this window let alone someone just there for rotation purposes

BlueHaze

I actually wanted Kounde myself but we got Varane so it makes up for it but if Saul is seriously available and Chelsea end up getting him while we go through yet another year of McFred and Matic then honestly people have the right to be upset.

Andrew7582

God I hate to admit this is true and so sickening to see all of our rivals with such quality midfield depth whilst we can't even buy a starter player in this window let alone someone just there for rotation purposes
We already have a £40 million midfield signing sat on the bench, if Ole had spent that money more wisely we wouldn't be in this desperate situation with the midfield.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Bit too early to say Liverpool are looking strong. They've beaten Norwich and Burnley.
Yet we couldn’t even beat Southampton.

As things stand and barring any serious injuries, Liverpool can easily win the title or atleast finish ahead of us if we don’t get our act together.
Just for context, they were lacking in the CB position and bought one first thing this summer. Our midfield position(s) have been of concern since a couple years and still lacking.
Tbf Sancho was last year’s funds really.
Not sure that’s true? We used last years funds on other players when we couldn’t get Sancho.

croadyman

We already have a £40 million midfield signing sat on the bench, if Ole had spent that money more wisely we wouldn't be in this desperate situation with the midfield.
Yeah have made that point so many times and it still frustrates the hell out of me we are now unable to get what we need

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
We’ve spent nearly 400m in the last 2.5 years…why is all of Twitter and half of this place acting like we spend feck all? I know it’s been all of 10 days since we signed a new shiny toy but feck me.
Yes, indeed. It is a strange notion since United are probably the highest net spenders over the last 10 years or so.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Doesn’t mean questions can’t be asked. Seems like we’re a few kicks in the butt short when it comes to pushing them to take action.

Sancho & Varane was good business but let’s not let them get away with being stingy when there’s fairly good deals available in the market (Camavinga/Neves 35m, or atleast get Saul on a loan.. these are players who were costing double the values just a year ago) and we can easily avoid having to play the likes of Matic.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We have 90m Pogba, 40m Matic, 50m Fred and 60m Bruno to go with that 40m Donny. Not spending money is the problem though. It’s like I’m living in the twilight zone. Yes Matic needs upgrading but after spending 110m so far it’s perfectly reasonable to think if nobody leaves then nobody else comes in.

croadyman

Doesn’t mean questions can’t be asked. Seems like we’re a few kicks in the butt short when it comes to pushing them to take action.

Sancho & Varane was good business but let’s not let them get away with being stingy when there’s fairly good deals available in the market (Camavinga/Neves 35m, or atleast get Saul on a loan.. these are players who were costing double the values just a year ago) and we can easily avoid having to play the likes of Matic.
Yeah I don't care if it's a panic buy we are really that desperate now

sillwuka

"I still want to win trophies at the highest level and also could not turn down the opportunity to work with Pep"

We might be hearing something similar to this soon, heartbreaking :(

PoTMS

We have 90m Pogba, 40m Matic, 50m Fred and 60m Bruno to go with that 40m Donny. Not spending money is the problem though. It’s like I’m living in the twilight zone. Yes Matic needs upgrading but after spending 110m so far it’s perfectly reasonable to think if nobody leaves then nobody else comes in.
Don't forget the £30m spent on Amad and Pellestri that couldn't been put towards a central midfielder. Why go in for them if we know we have no intention of playing them and are going to be back in for Sancho a season later? We are just not very savvy with our transfer kitty.

croadyman

Don't forget the £30m spent on Amad and Pellestri that couldn't been put towards a central midfielder. Why go in for them if we know we have no intention of playing them and are going to be back in for Sancho a season later? We are just not very savvy with our transfer kitty.
Ugh we really have proper wasted some money in last years window apart from Edi who was a free agent, damn it due to these bloody decisions we have basically now tied our own hands behind the back

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yeah I don't care if it's a panic buy we are really that desperate now
The thought of playing any of the top 3 with our current midfield gives me bad dreams.

At this point all our annual financial planning goes out the window and we need to get creative. I mean ffs Chelsea will have Kante Jorginho starting with Kovacic and Saul potentially as backup. Liverpool will have Fabinho and Hendo back in midfield with Thiago and Keita/Milner as backup. As for City let’s not even start discussing their plethora of midfield options. While our first choice midfield pair is a highly debatable one and backup options are a player who should’ve left the PL last summer and one who apparently should've never come or I don’t understand why he’s not being played much.

Either our board is in the Glazers back pockets or they’re just too naive.

Varun1

No matter how many counterexamples there are from other clubs, nothing will convince the others that other clubs can and do face the same issues that United do.
We've improved in the last 2 seasons, but there have been a number of articles on the convulated way we did transfers before that. But I don't believe Chelsea do incoming transfers any quicker than other teams, we just don't hear about it as much, being a United forum.
Having said them, it's quite clear we're pretty shite at selling.

Tiber

It would deeply hurt my soul to see Ronaldo play at another premier League club.

Suedesi

The thought of playing any of the top 3 with our current midfield gives me bad dreams.

At this point all our annual financial planning goes out the window and we need to get creative. I mean ffs Chelsea will have Kante Jorginho starting with Kovacic and Saul potentially as backup. Liverpool will have Fabinho and Hendo back in midfield with Thiago and Keita/Milner as backup. As for City let’s not even start discussing their plethora of midfield options. While our first choice midfield pair is a highly debatable one and backup options are a player who should’ve left the PL last summer and one who apparently should've never come or I don’t understand why he’s not being played much.

Hendo? Are you a Liverpool fan calling him that? Thiago sucks and Milner is old AF. Keita is a bust.

On paper none of these are world class -Liverpool have a great attack and defense, their midfield is functional at best.

Chelsea and City have much better personnel, that's true.

croadyman

The thought of even facing anyone who presses us to shit and plays in that low block gives me nightmares too, made me laugh when that Nik fella from the Utd hour podcast asked me to outline what top midfield options the others have got

PoTMS

Chelsea getting Saul and Kounde is a fecking joke. What's the point in even trying to compete?

Status
Not open for further replies.