Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bit harsh, Lingard doesn't stink up the place - he's very well liked by everyone, works extremely hard and wants to be here. Yes, we've added Ronaldo but did that ever impact Lingard? Ronaldo is more of a threat for Cavani and Martial. James is no longer with us and that actually helps him a bit.

Lingard is good competition for the 3 behind the striker, absolutely nothing wrong with keeping him.
We can’t afford to be keeping 3rd-4th options behind the striker who have been turning in really poor performances for United for a long time now.

Players like Lingard staying means we have to field midfields like yesterday, which just isn’t good enough. He isn’t good enough and is taking up valuable wages.

Sell him for 15 million and get in a competent CM on the last day!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We can’t afford to be keeping 3rd-4th options behind the striker who have been turning in really poor performances for United for a long time now.

Players like Lingard staying means we have to field midfields like yesterday, which just isn’t good enough. He isn’t good enough and is taking up valuable wages.

Sell him for 15 million and get in a competent CM on the last day!
Selling Lingard doesn’t suddenly make us in the midfield market. Very entitled attitude after the window we’ve had - we were only supposed to sign 2 players this window in the first place, there’s no reason for clubs to sell their top midfielders on deadline day either.

We’ll probably be in for a midfielder next summer transfer window. How about we start playing 40m signings like VDB rather than complaining about our midfield.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's got very credible sources though. :p
That was 2 days before he started getting linked to Spurs. Before that, there weren't too many reliable reports on him linking him to other clubs. Two days after that Tweet, all of the Spurs links started popping up at various outlets.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has no source honestly so don’t believe him and he was the one who keep saying Sancho would join us in 2020 with confident. I spoke to him before long time ago like in 2014 I think and he’s not journalist, he is Man united fans from London and now doing YouTube. His source at best is tier 4 or tier 5.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I've yet to see Shrager Tweet about Neves. Let's see what happens on that front, though with that said, I don't think we've ever advanced beyond being interested in him.
Yeah think I got done by a fake tweet. I’m still convinced the only reason Lingard is still here is because we’re insistent on linking any deal for him to Rice but probably wishful thinking.

Jack-C20

I've yet to see Shrager Tweet about Neves. Let's see what happens on that front, though with that said, I don't think we've ever advanced beyond being interested in him.
In all seriousness it is pretty hard to see us signing someone at this point. That said, I didn’t see us selling James coming so you never know. I’ll still be keeping tabs on this thread late tomorrow.

2E_MUFC

We will leave the Ronaldo announcement for tomorrow to stop people moaning about no midfield signing. A lot of people saying we are done.

Lemansky

He’s going to Leeds, lads. Everton were never in the picture at all I reckon
There is zero credible sources saying he is going to Everton tough. Footy insider is hardly an account to take seriously.

Fantastic sale and good luck to James.

FromTheBench

What kind of wages have we given Lingard that despite going well last season he isn't getting many suitors?

While ordinary players are in demand

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's not very nice to say that in public. But I don't think Frankfurt ever ruled out a Kostic sale before, because they know he's getting on in years, his contract isn't running that long anymore and it will be increasingly hard to cash in for both him and them.
However by going on strike he actually made it a lot harder for Frankfurt to sell him for a price another club might find decent. Because after Bobic already forced his way out, and after Hütter left with some noise, after Silva left via a clause that supposedly didn't exist and after Younes kind of fecked them over, by first declaring he wanted to leave, then changing his mind, the management (e.g. Krösche, who just took over as DoF and has to prove himself) are now facing pressure to maintain order and not appear as weak.

Swedish_Plumber

Seems like our business is done, no hint from the journos reporting on the James deal that the funds will be used to bring someone in. Shiiiiiit.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They paid a fortune for him, £35M, which was big money at the time, and now they're discarding him.

Once again, Chelsea get a free ride, whilst doing many of the things which piss everyone off about City.
A free ride from whom? Everybody(rightly) laughed at this deal as soon as it was announced.

sleepehead

What kind of wages have we given Lingard that despite going well last season he isn't getting many suitors?

While ordinary players are in demand
I honestly think he doesn't want to leave. I'm sure there are teams that he could go to but he just wants to stay. I think he's happy to just be a rotational player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The biggest news of the transfer window.

Wow talk about a forgotten man.

23 appearances for Chelsea in 4 years!! A small amount of appearances on loan elsewhere too.
What a massive waste of the supposed peak of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.