Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Dunno how reliable this guy is, but kinda logical with Ronaldo coming in
I hope this doesn't happen. Cavani still clearly has a lot to give, but wouldn't be surprised if he's pushing for this with Ronaldo coming in.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's an accurate point but that's what being a Utd coach/manager is measured by.

I'm not here to denigrate him just to answer the question as to why some players will choose those 3 clubs over us. Money is clearly an influencing factor with City and Chelsea but it has been for a number of years. Klopp doesn't tend to go for marquee signings rather who fits his system. Liverpool are far more like Utd without the spend but Klopp has brought a verve back to Liverpool with the addition of a UCL and PL title.
What swings it for a lot is the gravitas the coaches hold, Utd should be up there but we really need to win something just as SAF's first FA cup was a springboard to further success
Agreed to an extent apart from I get the impression klopp wanted to spend money this summer but wasn’t allowed very much bar konate who was because all the cbs were injured last term

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I love Cavani and he was great last season. But with Ronaldo coming in, his game time is going to be limited and this is his last season with us anyway. If we can get a fee for him, I don't think it's the worst thing we could do.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If true I’d say it’s partly due to cavani being annoyed at quarantine rules and the fact he will be out for a good portion of the season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It would make sense for Cavani to go. Ronaldo has obviously taken his spot.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It makes sense but I hope it doesn't happen.
We should hold him to his contract. Barca aren't going to spend more than 5m on a 34y old, and why should we lose him for peanuts? I think it's nonsense, he was 2nd choice last season behind Marital and that didn't stop him from coming.

£30m fee, dont sell cheap.
Barca can't afford that. It's never going to happen.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You come in looking for positive news, and leave with Cavani probably exiting stage right. Thumbs down, would not read again.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Am I right in thinking that the spanish deadline is 5pm UK time? If so, this'll move fast.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If true I’d say it’s partly due to cavani being annoyed at quarantine rules and the fact he will be out for a good portion of the season.
I loved Cavani last season, but if he is really that pissed about not being allowed to miss about 20 games for the club that pays his wages to arse about in international games, Im seriously soured on him.

Lyng

If that opens the door for us signing a DM then I actually hope it goes through.
Would also move up Mason as the direct Ronaldo sub.

Deery

Dreary
I thought Cavani might be off, would definitely free up the number 7 and give Ole less of a problem, but it means Martial is our backup striker which doesn’t fill me with confidence for the season.

Pep's Suit

So why exactly Barca signed Aguero on €10m a season wages? To make Messi happy? They already offered him to Juve so genuinely doubt he'll even finish his 2-year contract there.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I love Cavani and he was great last season. But with Ronaldo coming in, his game time is going to be limited and this is his last season with us anyway. If we can get a fee for him, I don't think it's the worst thing we could do.
Unless we're getting him off our books in order to facilitate a move for a CDM, it will be a poor way to end the window.

Would leave Ronaldo as our only worthwhile out and out striker too, Greenwood isn't ready to play that role and Martial is dogsh*te.

RUCK4444

Have Barca got any decent midfielders we can swap Cavani for?

To be honest I’d much rather keep Cavani for world class squad depth.

Ronaldo will need resting at times.

Alemar

I thought Cavani might be off, would definitely free up the number 7 and give Ole less of a problem, but it means Martial is our backup striker which doesn’t fill me with confidence for the season.
Ronaldo doesn’t need much rotation, he’s a player who plays majority of games.

Nickosaur

I know it wouldn't have happened often but I would have loved to see Ronaldo and Cavani up front. The movement would have been insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.