Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

Most of Arsenal's business looks ok to me in the long run. Tavares looks good, White should do well, Odegaard is classy and should get better, Tomiyasu was fancied by many clubs. The trouble is it doesn't improve them very much right now, and I suspect Arteta will be fired soonish tbh. Plus they spent £24m on Ramsdale which is just inexplicable.
Tomiyasu is a rock-solid defender. 6'1, RB/LB. Really physical, aggressive, a real bitch to get past. Tough as hell in the tackle. He's going to end up their best transfer of this window.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Would be strange though, getting rid of Arteta after giving him this much money to spend and him building more or less a brand new team .
Yeah I thought the same but it happens all the time especially as the acquisitions won't be all driven by Arteta.

Leno, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Gabriel, White, Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Odegaard, Aubameyang, Pepe is I guess how they might line up at full strength. It looks like a team that will finish 7th or 8th at best tbh.

RyRoc

This window will turn out to be crazy good or an absolute disaster for Arsenal. In the ideal world they should have tried to fill in a couple of the holes with better players rather than plug in every hole with average players
the positive thing for them is these players won’t be on huge money and given they are likely to get premier league experience and the fact they are all under 25 means they should have suitors if they want offload them. It looks quite underwhelming on paper but I think it’s a better strategy than trying to get past it former great players like Coutinho on big wages and long term contracts that don’t really want to be there.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
143m....we don't know it now but this could be a terrible club transfer window.

Ramsdale for so much money and as back-up goalkeeper is crazy.

Without White it almost looks ok for where we are. 90M for 3 starters and 2 depth players. Hopefully he recover from Covid and kick on but FIFTY millions.... :(
Leno, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Gabriel, White, Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Odegaard, Aubameyang, Pepe is I guess how they might line up at full strength. It looks like a team that will finish 7th or 8th at best tbh.
Come on, that lineup in a functionning system and a decent manager should be finishing in EL places.
It's only 2 players different (and one of them being David Luiz) than the team that finished 6 points from 4th while playing disgusting football.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Without White it almost looks ok for where we are. 90M for 3 starters and 2 depth players. Hopefully he recover from Covid and kick on but FIFTY millions.... :(

Come on, that lineup in a functionning system and a decent manager should be finishing in EL places.
It's only 2 players different (and one of them being David Luiz) than the team that finished 6 points from 4th while playing disgusting football.
Others have strengthened since. City, us, Liverpool, Chelsea all definitely stronger and I think Leicester and Spurs are too unless they get big injury problems. West Ham are at your level. 7th or 8th.

Ramsdale is the really batshit one. White will do well I think.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Others have strengthened since. City, us, Liverpool, Chelsea all definitely stronger and I think Leicester and Spurs are too unless they get big injury problems. West Ham are at your level. 7th or 8th.

Ramsdale is the really batshit one. White will do well I think.
Of course but United signing Ronaldo and Chelsea signing Lukaku doesn't mean anything to our race for EL. I think there is a small chance if (big if) we start playing.
I've made my peace with Ramsdale, White will have to do a lot even though his price is out of his control.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
So that's the bet then - him moving to a bigger club (doesn't have to be a top club, but an upper table club in the top leagues) than Mallorca at some point in his career. Or him even chased by a top club, even if the move doesn't come off. Scoring at the World Cup will count too.

And what's the stake?
Let's say - if I lose, I have to watch 3 MLS games of your choosing and write a short report about it here, and you have to watch 3 BuLi games of my choosing?
Hahaha that’s such a cool bet!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Griezback

Barcelona's official announcement states that Atletico Madrid will pay the player's wages. There is also a purchase obligation at the end of the loan spell.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Luuk de Jong joins Barcelona from Sevilla on loan with a purchase option. Barcelona will pay the player's wages.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Official: American centre back Cameron Carter-Vickers leaves Spurs to join Celtic on loan with a purchase option included.

@WI_Red
Meh?

I remember the days of nervously praying CCV would chose the US as we had zero talent a CB. Not saying he is bad or anything, just that we have come a long ways. Good luck to him, he really needs to just find a permanent home.

Bestietom

I admire your optimism. Ronaldo was an opportunity. James then followed because we have ronaldo. It will cancel some of Ronaldo’s costs.
We are at peak Glazer net spend now
I’d be surprised unless we can drag out a loan from somebody
Think we may regret it that we didn't bring in a top DM playmaker.

Oaencha

Very curious to see how he’ll fare in the Prem. People seem very divided over him
He is an excellent signing for them with the midfielders they have. Far less pressure to defend and has quality next to him. That Chelsea squad is looking dangerous.

I still remember when I saw them at Stamford Bridge in 94. Mark Stein and Paul Furlong up front. Dmitri Kharine in goal. Things have certainly changed.

Oaencha

Official: Luuk de Jong joins Barcelona from Sevilla on loan with a purchase option. Barcelona will pay the player's wages.
Replacing Griezmann with De Jong. He will probably score a few goals but Barcelona are in absolute free fall.

Real Name

Ridiculous bit of business by Barcelona again. Loaning a 120 million played now instead of doing it earlier so Messi maybe could have stayed.

theklr

He is an excellent signing for them with the midfielders they have. Far less pressure to defend and has quality next to him. That Chelsea squad is looking dangerous.
Isnt he meant primarily as a Kante backup though?

Oaencha

Isnt he meant primarily as a Kante backup though?
They would be mad to do that. Kanté is almost irreplaceable. He’s a rotation option for Jorginho and Kovačić. Probably more Kovačić as Saul likes to push forward.

Edit - In fact I think he will replace Kovačić after a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.