mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: the Saudi Arabian consortium has finally taken over Newcastle United

EDIT: Official announcement

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
For the love of Miazga please let it not be Chelsea. Holland would be a good fit or a lower table German club, but I am surprised there is not Bayern link. @Hansi Fick, have you heard anything?
As it so happens, just yesterday I listened to a podcast about FC Dallas in which a US football blogger close to the club estimated that Pepi will be likely sold to Europe this winter, with a probability of 60-70%, if not next summer. ;)

But I haven't read anything about Bayern or any Bundesliga club. Bayern's striker succession plan is clear, Haaland to succeed Lewandowski in 2022 or 2023 :wenger:

From what the guy said about Pepi in that podcast, don't think he should go to England, they don't appreciate attackers who excel in combination play and not so much through individual actions.
With that name, I think he should go to Barca.

Edit: actually there's stuff in BILD about Wolfsburg being after him; Bayern, Sampdoria and Ajax are mentioned by transfermarkt. Don't think Bayern would make much sense for him. But living in Wolfsburg, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. How expensive you think he would be?

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
As it so happens, just yesterday I listened to a podcast about FC Dallas in which a US football blogger close to the club estimated that Pepi will be likely sold to Europe this winter, with a probability of 60-70%, if not next summer. ;)

But I haven't read anything about Bayern or any Bundesliga club. Bayern's striker succession plan is clear, Haaland to succeed Lewandowski in 2022 or 2023 :wenger:

From what the guy said about Pepi in that podcast, don't think he should go to England, they don't appreciate attackers who excel in combination play and not so much through individual actions.
With that name, I think he should go to Barca.

Edit: actually there's stuff in BILD about Wolfsburg being after him; Bayern, Sampdoria and Ajax are mentioned by transfermarkt. Don't think Bayern would make much sense for him. But living in Wolfsburg, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. How expensive you think he would be?
Sounds like a great podcast, whoever recommended it must be amazing.

I was interested if there had been any Bayern rumors as I have heard nothing over here, but it seems like you are hearing the same. Agreed that England is a bad fit. As for his cost, my guess is 3-10 million euros with the top line number completely dependent on how he does in the next 2 international windows. If he is as good in these games as he was against Honduras, epsecially against Mexico, that number could climb to close to 10 I think.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

I was interested if there had been any Bayern rumors as I have heard nothing over here, but it seems like you are hearing the same. Agreed that England is a bad fit. As for his cost, my guess is 3-10 million euros with the top line number completely dependent on how he does in the next 2 international windows. If he is as good in these games as he was against Honduras, epsecially against Mexico, that number could climb to close to 10 I think.
Actually now that I google it, lots of semi-shitty outlets today quoting an Athletic piece as alleging Bayern are working to sign him and that our scouts see him as a "new Dzeko".

https://www.sport.de/news/ne4653867/fc-bayern-weiter-heiss-auf-jungen-edin-dzeko/
https://fcbinside.de/2021/10/07/ein...-die-bayern-sind-fasziniert-von-ricardo-pepi/
https://www.90min.de/posts/fc-bayern-transfer-news-ricardo-pepi-wechsel-edin-dzeko-profil-starken

Guess the Athletic piece is this one https://theathletic.com/2866607/202...merican-teen-forward-turning-heads-worldwide/
can't read it to check the quotes as I'm not a subscriber

I have also no idea how good the guy writing the Athletic report is (the beginning of the piece sounds great..), but he's certainly not someone with sources at Bayern. Would be surprised if we bought two Dallas players at once, Che and Pepi, especially hearing that Dallas are hoping to be able to hold out for more money and feel like the Richards deal was not good enough for them.

Last edited:

DarkRed

FUTURE OF GAVI
Barça has started talks with Gavi's entourage and is talking to his representative to renew his contract, which ends in 2023, and improve his conditions.
The idea is to have a first team spot [established] next year.

Reported by: Adrià Albets
Does that mean they want to sell Frenkie de Jong?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Actually now that I google it, lots of semi-shitty outlets today quoting an Athletic piece as alleging Bayern are working to sign him and that our scouts see him as a "new Dzeko".

https://www.sport.de/news/ne4653867/fc-bayern-weiter-heiss-auf-jungen-edin-dzeko/
https://fcbinside.de/2021/10/07/ein...-die-bayern-sind-fasziniert-von-ricardo-pepi/
https://www.90min.de/posts/fc-bayern-transfer-news-ricardo-pepi-wechsel-edin-dzeko-profil-starken

Guess the Athletic piece is this one https://theathletic.com/2866607/202...merican-teen-forward-turning-heads-worldwide/
can't read it to check the quotes as I'm not a subscriber

I have also no idea how good the guy writing the Athletic report is (the beginning of the piece sounds great..), but he's certainly not someone with sources at Bayern. Would be surprised if we bought two Dallas players at once, Che and Pepi, especially hearing that Dallas are hoping to be able to hold out for more money and feel like the Richards deal was not good enough for them.
Looking at the Athletic reporters previous work it does not appear he is a football specific writer, so not sure his connections would be better than the guy on that podcast who has been covering FC Dallas for a decade +.

I am not surprised FCD feels they can do better. Transfer Market has the total fee for Richards being $1.5 million, which in hindsight seem ridiculously low, but is not really since he had zero professional games before transferring. Che and Pepi are completely different and should command bigger fees.

Devil may care

The Pogba news is surprising, he looked in a huff after the Villareal game and I was expecting lots of quoteables from him in the international break, I'm sure this will please the delusional few who think there's a DM out there that will enable him to be played successfully in a double pivot.

It's a shame Barella seems content to stay in Italy, if we were getting a midfielder from Serie A I'd much prefer him to Kessie.

• Kessié
    • The player's demands are too high for Milan.
    • Likely to become a free agent
  • Romagnoli: talks just started between the player and club
  • Kjaer: both the player and club want to extend their relationship with each other
Boners all round in the Juve boardroom.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Pogba news is surprising, he looked in a huff after the Villareal game and I was expecting lots of quoteables from him in the international break, I'm sure this will please the delusional few who think there's a DM out there that will enable him to be played successfully in a double pivot.

It's a shame Barella seems content to stay in Italy, if we were getting a midfielder from Serie A I'd much prefer him to Kessie.

Boners all round in the Juve boardroom.
I agree mate, theres some who think signing a DM will magically allow Pogba to roam freely whilst the DM will cover a huge space on his own. Which is not gonna happen, because good oppo teams will comfortably take advantage in such a situation.

Instead of Kessie on a free, I'd much rather see us sign Brozovic on a potential free transfer personally. But don't feel Solskjaer will go for Brozovic and will instead prefer the more combative Kessie.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I agree mate, theres some who think signing a DM will magically allow Pogba to roam freely whilst the DM will cover a huge space on his own. Which is not gonna happen, because good oppo teams will comfortably take advantage in such a situation.

Instead of Kessie on a free, I'd much rather see us sign Brozovic on a potential free transfer personally. But don't feel Solskjaer will go for Brozovic and will instead prefer the more combative Kessie.
I'd take both, think they'd make a great midfield base of a 4-2-3-1.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd take both, think they'd make a great midfield base of a 4-2-3-1.
It would be a huge upgrade over what we're seeing currently. But I'm hoping we go for someone like Tchouameni over Kessie due to the French player being more versatile in the sense that he has the ability to play as a single pivot in certain scenarios. But I do agree with your way of thinking because signing both players (Kessie & Brozovic) would be a intelligent move due to the potential low costs. Brozovic especially is a player that I like due to his ability on the ball. And his is age also perfect for the youngsters at the club to learn from.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It would be a huge upgrade over what we're seeing currently. But I'm hoping we go for someone like Tchouameni over Kessie due to the French player being more versatile in the sense that he has the ability to play as a single pivot in certain scenarios. But I do agree with your way of thinking because signing both players (Kessie & Brozovic) would be a intelligent move due to the potential low costs. Brozovic especially is a player that I like due to his ability on the ball. And his age also perfect for the youngsters at the club to learn from.
Yeah, I'm fully done with our midfield now, needs wholesale changes and there's lot of options for not a great deal - even Tielemans will be available. I would prefer Tchouameni too if possible, maybe if we could sweeten the deal with sending Martial back! I just think he might go for close to Rice money, which might be a step too far for us.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, I'm fully done with our midfield now, needs wholesale changes and there's lot of options for not a great deal - even Tielemans will be available. I would prefer Tchouameni too if possible, maybe if we could sweeten the deal with sending Martial back! I just think he might go for close to Rice money, which might be a step too far for us.
I think we should step away from any deal for a DM that will cost over £60m. I'm sure there must be good alternatives elsewhere and the lad at Sporting Clube de Portugal (Palinhha) is one possible alternative. Kamara from Marseille on a low fee in January or a free in the summer is another potentially sensible signing. Low risk, high reward type signings.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think we should step away from any deal for a DM that will cost over £60m. I'm sure there must be good alternatives elsewhere and the lad at Sporting Clube de Portugal (Palinhha) is one possible alternative. Kamara from Marseille on a low fee in January or a free in the summer is another potentially sensible signing. Low risk, high reward type signings.
Totally agree. I'm well up for Kamara, he'd cost next to nothing and has a huge upside. I genuinely see him in a similar mould to Rice in style, but probably a bit better on the ball.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

@Hansi Fick

after tonight it’s creeping closer to the $10 million mark. Get that bid in now.

Ole90+3

Maybe he genuinely hasn't made his mind up yet on what his next plans are. He may be waiting to see how this season goes with United. I mean, if I was in his shoes, I certainly wouldn't want to lock into a long term future under Ole. I don't mind what Pogba is doing here, but it's very risky not having long term contract in place.

Bestietom

I think Tchouameni is going to be a Top Top player and exactly what we need in our midfield now. I would love both him and Kessie together if Pogba goes.

Devil may care

Exactly, Pogba has been part of teams that have won a World Cup and Serie A and gotten to a Champions League final, the common thing in both teams is he had 2 hard working, positionally disciplined midfielders with him in a 3, we play a #10 who requires 2 midfielders at the base behind him, it's always going to be a square peg/round hole situation with Pogba at United.

Kessie is a physical specimen and a United fan so I'm sure he'd appeal more to Ole, I've not seen much of Brozovic in a while but I like the look of Tchouameni and I think you and @Lash are right about Kamara being a potentially shrewd deal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Laporta talks about [contract] renewals and does NOT mention Ousmane Dembélé, who ends his contract in June 2022. It seems like a long topic, surely things are missing and the parties still have to negotiate.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
"Non-existent game time this season" is a thoroughly silly thing to point to when the player in question has been out injured since the start of the season and has only returned to the squad last week. Some of these journos are stealing a living, really.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

According to di Marzio, Romero was offered a multi-year contract with a salary of €1m/season after taxes. Romero would prefer a 1-year contract so that he can then consider his future options.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We never opened to the possibility of selling Raspadori and Scamacca, we never opened a negotiation to do so. Raspadori for us is an important player, it's true there was interest, but our will is to keep him and Scamacca. We even sold Caputo to open playing time for them.

Raspadori is a player of big quality, both from sporting and human side. He is young and needs to continue on his journey, we need to give him time and mature.
Both Scamacca and Raspadori are highly-rated young Italian strikers who have interest from multiple top Italian teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.