Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. It was clear as day that Mejbri had out performed the u23s.

And the tweet I quoted was about Bellingham, both he and Mejbri are the same age, one has played 38 times for the first team, the other has 1 appearance. They also play in the same positions, so it is a good example.
And one is known for throwing youngsters in to sell them a year or 2 later and the other is a club with a bunch of moaning fans and additional pressure to win now now now which means less patience to see young players develop

Dr. StrangeHate

This is the future of our league it seems, the Billionaire Boys Club, where the stinking rich will fancy a slice of what all the other billionaires are getting in washing and promoting their company/state/public image & also rake in some clout along the way,

The PL/UEFA Fat Cats don't mind as long as their pockets continue to fill, it's even more shameful that when the Super League was announced how they all cried out how terrible and catastrophic this was to "The Fans Beautiful Game"
Imagine how much the PL board will be getting in backhanded payments. It is a dream job. Ratify a deal get 50 million and they say dreams don't come true.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. It was clear as day that Mejbri had out performed the u23s.

And the tweet I quoted was about Bellingham, both he and Mejbri are the same age, one has played 38 times for the first team, the other has 1 appearance. They also play in the same positions, so it is a good example.
I've given up Solskjaer bringing through youth. If it was Enrique or ten Hag, then I'd have hope because both coaches have a way of playing the game which gives chances to youngsters of a high technical level and they're also both coaches who are teachers which benefits youngsters. Our youngsters couldn't even get a chance ahead of Juan Mata in preseason who is finished at this level.

Varun1

I've given up Solskjaer bringing through youth. If it was Enrique or ten Hag, then I'd have hope because both coaches have a way of playing the game which gives chances to youngsters of a high technical level and they're also both coaches who are teachers which benefits youngsters. Our youngsters couldn't even get a chance ahead of Juan Mata in preseason who is finished at this level.
I think with Ole results have been so poor that he doesn't feel he can risk giving minutes to youth players. And when he has played them, his tactics have failed him.
We've got the best set of first team players in years and an amazing crop of youngsters coming through, I think it will be all wasted under him.

Last edited:

pascell

Likewise, he got praised to the hilt when he brought through Greenwood but lets face it, Mason had already outgrown academy football, he was a talent we couldn't ignore. And Lukaku at the time was coming across as a bad apple.

Persisting with Mata and not offloading Lingard and/or Martial has been another poor decision as pathways into the first team are blocked.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think with Ole results have been so poor that he doesn't feel he can risk giving minutes to youth players. And when he has played them, his tactics have failed him.
We've got the best set of first team players in years and an amazing crop of youngsters coming through, I think it will be all wasted under him.
@pascell

I agree, we've not evolved at all when it comes to our football and still can't maintain a high line or even apply pressure consistently in a coordinated manner, which after 3 years is very poor. . And even the management of the squad as far as rotation is concerned has been poor with big money signings sidelined for now. This isn't sustainable.

Pavl3n

Very solid choice actually.
Indeed. He's a good choice to toughen them up, make them a real nuisance, bring some consistency and make them a top half of the table team.
2/3 years cycle before they aim for another manager who'll take the next step to turn them into a team that will fight for top 4 every year.

At least that's what I think. I doubt they'll give him £250m to spend every summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Spanish media actually asked Emery about these rumours.

Source: AS (Emery's press conference)

Here's his response:
I know nothing about Newcastle.
AS then went on to mention that they know nothing about these links, either. Let's see how this develops, but I'm surprised that Berger would get a scoop like this without the Spanish media being aware of it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Villa win at Old Trafford 5 games ago. Lost the last 4 and Smith is under pressure?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Atleast it's a ~3 year contract. Some reports yesterday were saying they got him on an 18 month deal.
The official announcement doesn't seem to indicate that. It reaffirms the 18-month deal that was reported previously.

EDIT: I see the additional-year option that is a part of the deal. In that case, yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Bild

The info's coming from the Mainz chief, not the Palace one. Mainz sporting director Christian Heidel on the Mateta loan + purchase option deal:
The contract is clear. Mateta has a contract with Crystal Palace until June 2022. From the sporting point of view, it also seems to be clear. He can leave the club in winter. This only happens with our consent.

An early return is currently not being considered. We’ll see what we can do with this constellation. We approach this very calmly and talk to the consultant.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Barcelona are feeling more optimistic about renewing Ousmane Dembélé. November will be a key month for Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.