Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

The money just keeps rolling in!

Double edged sword for United fans though. Champions League money has been getting less and less important to us over recent years. If you win the CL you earn about as much as Adidas pay us per year on the shirt deal. It makes top 4 less important to our revenues.

Acquire Me

Double edged sword for United fans though. Champions League money has been getting less and less important to us over recent years. If you win the CL you earn about as much as Adidas pay us per year on the shirt deal. It makes top 4 less important to our revenues.
I just don’t buy into that narrative that serious business people like the Glazers would be satisfied to earn less when it’s possible to earn more now and when they eventually sell. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Adidas pays you more than 100m £ per year? I seriously doubt that..

stevoc

Yet Ole has clearly been saying the right things to him.

I have no idea what ole has been saying to Lingard privately but I'd take everything Solskjaer has been saying about Jesse publicly with a pinch of salt. You don't barely play someone for over a year, loan them out, try to sell them and then barely play them again when they return from loan if you rate them.

roseguy64

I have no idea what ole has been saying to Lingard privately but I'd take everything Solskjaer has been saying about Jesse publicly with a pinch of salt. You don't barely play someone for over a year, loan them out, try to sell them and then barely play them again when they return from loan if you rate them.
Exactly. Lingard should have pushed for the move last summer. He's just wasted his time.

pacifictheme

It's boring to add to the negativity but it's strange how we seem much closer to selling and loaning players at this point rather than buying new ones.
We need to really our squad is very bloated with players who are not good enough.

Mata, lingard, pereira (remember him) and Jones all need to go. None really get close to serious minutes for the first team. And shouldn't at this point in their careers.

CG1010

We need to really our squad is very bloated with players who are not good enough.

Mata, lingard, pereira (remember him) and Jones all need to go. None really get close to serious minutes for the first team. And shouldn't at this point in their careers.
Its crazy that we have these players on our rolls along with an additional GK.

Classical Mechanic

I just don’t buy into that narrative that serious business people like the Glazers would be satisfied to earn less when it’s possible to earn more now and when they eventually sell. Makes no sense whatsoever.
Of course they want to make more money but not qualifying for the Champions League is far from the financial disaster it used to be. It takes the pressure off the board for the drive for on pitch success at the very highest level. Champions League qualification and a quarter final exit only earns you about £50m, it's simply not that much anymore. So long as the commercial profile of the club remains strong with big sponsorships and TV money rolling in the CL gets less and less important to the Glazers. To actually win it generally requires major investment as well remember. That quarter final run can get you one Fred in today's market.

Adidas pays you more than 100m £ per year? I seriously doubt that..
I was only counting the direct prize money. It appears that Chelsea pocketed about £95m last season all in. Adidas pay us a minimum of £75m a season which has been as much as £80m some seasons so there's not a massive difference. Adidas do have a penalty clause if we fail to qualify for the CL for two seasons on the run which we've never hit. I do wonder if they'd actually enact it if we did fail to qualify for two seasons because they've paid us above the minimum guarantee in non CL seasons.

Varun1

The initial reports basically needed to be corrected. the $2.7bn is the correct figure here.
Thanks @mazhar13
Exactly. Lingard should have pushed for the move last summer. He's just wasted his time.
Am not Jesse's biggest fan, although I'd keep him over Martial, but as with VDB, Ole has been very unfair with him.
At this rate he won't be going to the WC, whereas before that he had a good chance.

Pavl3n

Some more perspective on the new NBC deal for the Premier League:
Well, who wants to watch football played at half empty stadiums filled with fans who don't understand why the players get offended by racist chants.
The constant falling, rolling and acting by the players in the Italian league, followed by the Juve scandal and now all the racism is the downfall of the league.

La Liga is another league where players look as if they were shot by a sniper, whenever there's a duel to be contested.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

On recalling Conor Gallagher in January:
Actually I haven’t thought about it. I think it is important for him to be happy where he is and not change things. It is important to be calm, I feel him happy there and that he is having this impact at Crystal Palace.
On whether he can break through into Chelsea's first team next season:
It is too early to talk about that in public before we talk with Conor himself and what his goals are. This will happen in the summer as we all agreed to the decision that we wanted to send him to Palace. He saw a possibility for him. I am not surprised the national coach loves him because I loved him from day one. Humble, nice, smile on his face and all the time ready to give everything, want to learn and improve.
On the Rüdiger and Christensen contract extension talks:
Things are mature, respectful and clear. Of course there are delays. With Andreas too, from my point of view, we all want the same thing. Hopefully and obviously I expect some good news in the next days but everything can change. The situations are handled from all sides very carefully.

Varun1

United only prepared to sell Diogo Dalot to Roma if they sign Kieran Trippier in January
FFS I hope it's just some BS rumour! Dalot barely plays and he's a bit average! Plus we've got Laird and maybe even Brandon that can cover RB.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Barça has Christensen on their shortlist as reported by Gerard Romero. Confirmed. The club asked for him already in summer. The defender can arrive only if he does NOT renew with Chelsea and is released in June. The possible arrival of Sterling loses a lot of momentum due to economic issues.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Note: Guendouzi is currently on loan to Marseille from Arsenal with a purchase option.

Guendouzi on his desire to play for Marseille:
From the first conversation I had with Sampaoli and the president, Longoria, I knew this was the club that was made for me. I knew it was this club, this project, and I think it’s the best choice I could have made in a long time.

I know that if continue this way, we’re going to be able to do very nice things and I’m fully confident, I know that we’ll qualify for the Champions League next season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Sport
  • The Everton and Leicester City links come from Cadena SER.
  • Arnau Comas is a 21-year-old defender.
  • Comas's contract is entering its last 6 months, but he is unlikely to leave the team next summer.
    • The contract includes an option that extends the length by 2 more years.
  • Comas prefers to fight for a spot in Barcelona for now.
    • However, he will consider leaving if he doesn't get enough first-team opportunities.

AFC NimbleThumb

What is this Bollocks??

Why should Lingard ‘push for a move’??

Absolute tosh
Because it absolves our current management structure of further mismanagement.

He has every right to have played more than he has this season. This is an example of the under-utilisation of the entire squad. We’ve been terrible yet the same dross get multiple chances.

K Stand Knut

Because it absolves our current management structure of further mismanagement.

He has every right to have played more than he has this season. This is an example of the under-utilisation of the entire squad. We’ve been terrible yet the same dross get multiple chances.
That clearly doesn’t answer the question and I have no idea what you just said.

Why would Lingard push for a move?

Status
Not open for further replies.