Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

And Poch took Spurs to the final and finished top 4 more often than not, finishing higher than teams spending multiples more in transfers. Not to forget he did that in the Premier League itself.

Sounds like ETH isn't as proven as Poch but because hes unknown as a quantity hes a bit sexier.
For me it's purely wanting a manager who will implement pressing and possession football at the club, who will approach every game looking to dominate the way Liverpool and City do, as opposed to a reactionary underdog style where we look to contain and play on the counter. Ten Hag is in the Pep mold, the best manager of the last decade, Poch is a good manager with no definitive style who plays as an underdog against good teams.

RUCK4444

For me it's purely wanting a manager who will implement pressing and possession football at the club, who will approach every game looking to dominate the way Liverpool and City do, as opposed to a reactionary underdog style where we look to contain and play on the counter. Ten Hag is in the Pep mold, the best manager of the last decade, Poch is a good manager with no definitive style who plays as an underdog against good teams.
Agree.

We need to get the next appointment right, take a little risk for potentially a big reward rather than play it safe and settle for a manager like Poch who lets face it hasn’t really won anything of note, a stick we were ready to beat Ole with, except Poch won’t be cut the same slack.

We need to transition to a modern style of play and Ten Hag seems the best suited for that.

If he gets us playing the right way and gets the fans on side, which I’m sure he will, then the club will back him to build exactly the squad he wants which if you look at that Ajax side is an exciting prospect.

Dante

Average bang

Summary:
The big take away from this is that his family are in London, not Manchester.

As the crow flies, London-Manchester is about 170 miles while London-Paris is about 210 miles. Not much difference really. Both journeys take about 1 hour 10 minutes by plane, and 2 hours 10 minutes by train.

If Poch's family are the prime motive for him making the move, he's not gaining much by coming to United.

So I doubt there's any truth to this. He may end up at Old Trafford eventually. But not for the reasons stated in the article headline.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

As the crow flies, London-Manchester is about 170 miles while London-Paris is about 210 miles. Not much difference really. Both journeys take about 1 hour 10 minutes by plane, and 2 hours 10 minutes by train.

If Poch's family are prime the motive for him making the move, he's not gaining much by coming to United.

So I doubt there's any truth to this. He may end up at Old Trafford eventually. But not for the reasons stated in the article headline.
Maybe his contract will include free use of the club helicopter.

Red_toad

More from the article:
  • Other full-time candidates besides Poch
    • Erik ten Hag
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Zinedine Zidane
  • Interim manager candidates
    • Laurent Blanc - not too keen on an interim role
    • Ralf Rangnick - not too interested in this role
    • Ruben Amorin (Sporting CP head coach)
    • Julen Lopetegui
Amorim 100% wouldn’t play De Gea, as he’s too static and not good enough with the ball at his feet. Excellent young coach, but we’d certainly need a few new players to make it work for him. Think it’d be a bit too early in his career for United right now, but sure one to watch.

Woodzy

Amorim 100% wouldn’t play De Gea, as he’s too static and not good enough with the ball at his feet. Excellent young coach, but we’d certainly need a few new players to make it work for him. Think it’d be a bit too early in his career for United right now, but sure one to watch.
Im sure we will be in the market for another manager in 3 years time so all is good.

the_cliff

I am not arguing one is better than the other. I am saying both are young managers with great pedigree and similar unknown quantities.

If anything Poch is more proven because he had a great impact on Spurs and its evident the squad needed refreshing after 3 years, which is a problem hes not likely to have at United (we love to spend).

Ten Hag is a winner in Holland. Great. Maybe hes the next Cruyff, or maybe the next Koeman. We don't actually know.

I like both options. But I don't get why people post as though one is more established as a quantity than the other
I think Poch is underrated in here but the reason why Ten Hag is so sought over is his ability to play brilliant football and have his players playing above their ability. Of that Ajax team that reached the semis only De Jong has performed decently after leaving. Ajax have been destroying teams in the UCL have recently beaten Dortmund 4-0 at home and 3-1 away. He's one of those managers that just watching his team play you know he's a brilliant tactician and brilliant manager and there's an overall feeling with most fans that if we don't get him now he'll end up replacing Pep/Klopp and that will be that.

Drizzle

If Poch's family are the prime motive for him making the move, he's not gaining much by coming to United.

Easier for the family to move up to Manchester/Cheshire though without disrupting the kids education etc.

ForeverRed1

I think Ten Hag is seen as an emerging talent who will be snapped up elsewhere if we don’t try. Poch is seen as someone who’s been in England and then took the easy job at PSG. Someone we could probably get if we really wanted but us he different enough? Is there something new that he’s going to bring? Im not sure about that
Peps replacement. Plays similar football, very tactically astute and attacking.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

I thought the exact same.

My mum used to commute to Issy-les-Moulineaux in Paris most of the week from London City and it was an easier journey than getting up to our family in Pendlebury. I'm calling bullshit.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Think it is the players he has to deal with and has no choice but to deal with. He won't be the first or last to have a problem with Leonardo. I think the ones running the club get involved a lot with who plays.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

I always start with the premise that the source of this story is always full of shit. If his family speaks only English, I could see the Manchester move more desirerable. Given his background I don’t know?

sparx99

So he's frustrated with big egos, but he doesn't mind working with Ronaldo and Pogba?
The article made more of a point about the culture at Paris. For example, they signed Donnarumma when they had Navas along with Nuno Mendes at LB. They now have three left backs and two goalies worthy of starting games. At Utd, he would presumably have more of a say on how the squad is compiled. PSG have that early 2000's vibe of the Galacticos.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Athletic corroborate Luckhurst's report on Jorge Mendes pushing for Lopetegui to succeed Ole.

Zidane, however, is ruled out yet again.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: L'Équipe

Renato Sanches on whether he is ready to play for a bigger club:
When I arrived at Bayern [in 2016, at 18], I was not ready to play in such a club. I was very young. And when I got ready, the opportunity to play with this team never came. Today I feel ready. I understand football better, I have more experience, I know what to do to play in this kind of club and that changes everything.
On whether he's aware of the links to Milan and Arsenal:
Maybe Milan and Arsenal are interested but I don’t know. I spoke with my agent, I know which clubs are calling and which are not, but I can’t tell now. But I know I’m ready. If an offer comes in, I’ll find out what’s best for me.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Every other journalist assigned to United is reporting that Poch is keen on joining United ASAP/next season, and they all report the same issues (the family being based in London isn't much of an issue; it's more so the lack of control over building the team). I'm not necessarily going to post them as they're basically redundant, but the media is hugely focused on Poch joining United.

Jev

Hard to find a goalkeeper who's much better with the ball at his feet than De Gea. His kicking is very precise and he's composed on the ball.

pascell

Hard to find a goalkeeper who's much better with the ball at his feet than De Gea. His kicking is very precise and he's composed on the ball.
You've got to be joking? de Geas distribution is very poor for a goalkeeper, he's massively regressed with the ball at his feet.

diarm

De Gea is like being really good at controlling the keeper on a foosball table. Spectacular when it comes off, but as much use as a chocolate teapot whenever the ball isn't on his line.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I think we all expected this already. Erik ten Hag will be more likely to move on next summer rather than immediately.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
  • United and Poch are already in touch with each other.
  • Whilst Poch is ready to leave PSG in the middle of the season, he's yet to formally request to leave the club.
  • Zidane will be PSG's objective if Poch leaves.

FromTheBench

No to Pochettino please.

Galtier outclassed him last season with much less resources.

Why would we want him? He is alright but not a winner.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Now RMC Sport is on the Poch-wants-out news.
Mauricio Pochettino is not really satisfied with his adventure in Paris so far. The head coach is not against a departure, but has not asked the leaders of PSG for the moment, leaving an intriguing vagueness.
EDIT: More info in English

Apparently, Poch's entourage in England have verified that Poch would be okay with returning to England and managing Manchester United.

Last edited:

Red_toad

+ @diarm @Sparky_Hughes @pascell

Dead serious. His distribution is not a weakness. Do you guys laughing at this have any examples of him making costly mistakes with his feet? He keeps it simple, his long kicks are precise and progressive and despite not being afraid of going short, I struggle to recall a glaring error.
Care to provide some examples of him coming off his line and being part of the build up? As it doesn’t happen, he generally passed the ball to a defender stood on the edge of his box. Compared to his rivals it’s a very poor aspect of his game, something many coaches value greatly. As we normally play out of the back his long kicks don’t happen, so no idea where you get the idea from that they’re precise.

crossy1686

career ending
He’s going to get himself sacked at PSG if he doesn’t come out with a statement now.
I think every party involved wouldn't be too bothered if he was sacked, and that's Poch, PSG and United. I still think the only reason we sounded out Zidane was to see if PSG got worried and binned Poch after a mediocre performance.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We are going to end up with Poch who will basically do exactly the same job Solskjaer did for 3 years, Top 4 and way behind City and Liverpool plus cup runs. Meanwhile Ten Hag will take over from Guardiola and get them playing excellent football, scoring for fun and winning the league.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We are going to end up with Poch who will basically do exactly the same job Solskjaer did for 3 years, Top 4 and way behind City and Liverpool plus cup runs. Meanwhile Ten Hag will take over from Guardiola and get them playing excellent football, scoring for fun and winning the league.
Thanks Cafstradamus.

Status
Not open for further replies.