Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I meant as in, why would he give up such a big contract here, when he could try and get us and Sevilla to split his current wages, so he's still earning at his current level.

If he takes a lower wage at Sevilla, I'd be pleasantly surprised.
Let’s see. What you are suggesting isn’t the done thing as he will probably be on loan (hence split the wages)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Crystal Palace asked for Borja Mayoral. The striker, on loan from Madrid, can leave Roma in January: last year he scored 17 goals [and] played much less than Dzeko, 1 goal in the [Europa] Conference [League] this season. The environment is very quiet and he will seek the best for himself.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He already has a contract with an agreed wage though, so the wage is between United and Sevilla to sort out. Unless you want him to sign a new contract here with a lesser wage, but why would that happen ahead of a loan deal? If Sevilla were actually signing him then this would be a valid complaint at the player.
This isn't necessary. He can drop his wages just for the duration of the loan. Spartak's Guus Til went from 1,75m/y to 5k/y for the season at Feyenoord.

To me all these reports just indicate tough negotioations. It's not even January yet. I think we can accurately assess Martial's priorities when the dust settles (and I really hope it's to play football elsewhere and not sit on our bench collecting).

Loaning him out and paying his salary would be silly. He's shit and we're never bumping his value to the point he can earn us a fee with that salary.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Bayern spending €50m on a position where they're quite stacked? Seems unlikely - mad that James only cost £17m less.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Translation:

Luuk de Jong has other offers on his table, and he's not necessarily that keen on joining Cádiz at this time.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
TNT Sports Brasil are actually reporting this via Bruno Formiga, who's one of their more reliable journalists. This may have legs...
It comes out of nowhere and the only chance it has is if Bayern sell Coman for at least as much this winter. Seems unlikely

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It comes out of nowhere and the only chance it has is if Bayern sell Coman for at least as much this winter. Seems unlikely
Yeah, the way it suddenly popped out of the blue makes it not so believable, but Bruno Formiga wouldn't be the type to make up his links. Let's see how this develops.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
TNT Sports Brasil are actually reporting this via Bruno Formiga, who's one of their more reliable journalists. This may have legs...
I would be very, very, very, surprised if it had. Especially the done deal and January part. Can't see it as something that would happen. Also moneywise, with fans excluded again.
Nah, no way.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah, the way it suddenly popped out of the blue makes it not so believable, but Bruno Formiga wouldn't be the type to make up his links. Let's see how this develops.
The guy seems reliable which is the only thing stopping me from simply laughing it off.
If Coman really asks for €20m per season to renew and Bayern have an offer for him on the table it might have some legs.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The guy seems reliable which is the only thing stopping me from simply laughing it off.
If Coman really asks for €20m per season to renew and Bayern have an offer for him on the table it might have some legs.
Yeah maybe in the event of Coman leaving, a possible candidate in summer, ok. But not this.

Status
Not open for further replies.