Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As reported by The Athletic, PSG and Tottenham are discussing a loan with an option to buy for Tanguy Ndombele. A potential [player] exchange was also mentioned but difficult to find a player listed in Paris. The Frenchman is okay to come and Mauricio Pochettino has validated [the transfer].

Tottenham wants 100% salary coverage. That's the nature of the discussions right now. Case far from easy to finish.
EDIT: More info

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Even though PSG are interested in bringing in Ndombele, their main priority is to let go of some of their midfielders, which is a bloated part of their squad. Leandro Paredes was suggested in a potential player exchange, but Paredes himself has refused to be involved in this. On a side note, Ndombele has declined offers from other clubs as he's keen on joining PSG.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This came out of nowhere.

@WI_Red @Zaphod2319 @MrMarcello

Ramsdale's having a pretty good season with Arsenal so far, and even though I like Matt Turner, I don't know if he'll be able to oust Ramsdale anytime soon. With that said, the money's too good to turn down for New England. This means that Leno's most likely to leave Arsenal.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

Ramsdale's having a pretty good season with Arsenal so far, and even though I like Matt Turner, I don't know if he'll be able to oust Ramsdale anytime soon. With that said, the money's too good to turn down for New England. This means that Leno's most likely to leave Arsenal.
If he goes, hopefully Arsenal will get some European cup games he can get in. Ramsdale is pretty nailed down with his play this year.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Turner is an elite shot stopper but is not good at all with his feet distribution. He's basically Tim Howard without the threat of the out of nowhere howler. Maybe he sees that Steffen gets in over him while (not) playing in England and thinks that's the path to get on GB's good side.

Like @Zaphod2319 I can't see him getting time over Ramsdale, but I think he would do well if he did.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Turner is an elite shot stopper but is not good at all with his feet distribution. He's basically Tim Howard without the threat of the out of nowhere howler. Maybe he sees that Steffen gets in over him while (not) playing in England and thinks that's the path to get on GB's good side.

Like @Zaphod2319 I can't see him getting time over Ramsdale, but I think he would do well if he did.
To be fair, Ramsdale not that good a distributor himself, but he seems to be just fine. If I were Turner, I'd rather join a team that'd give me regular minutes. Surely there has to be more interest in him from the big leagues than just Arsenal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Loïc Tanzi of RMC Sport mentioned that Rennes was looking to bring Lloris in for free this summer.

Last edited:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair, Ramsdale not that good a distributor himself, but he seems to be just fine. If I were Turner, I'd rather join a team that'd give me regular minutes. Surely there has to be more interest in him from the big leagues than just Arsenal.
He is really good at reacting. Sometimes I think he has to react because he does not read the game as well as some of the best keepers. He is a bit gangly, not really intimidating. He is good and consistent, but I don't think he is going to wow big clubs.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

If he wants to get on my good side he can bring cash

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The first UK journalist to cover Turner to Arsenal:
Excellent, I mean the US have always got excellent keepers playing in England, from the days of Stallone playing a match in captivity against the Germans. What a corker. Much better than the Germans. I mean what do they know about goalkeeping?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Milan want an agreement with Lille to purchase Botman in the summer.
  • Reserving Botman for the summer won't stop Milan from acquiring another CB.

Redfrog

Pogba : « I want to go to real this summer »
Woody : « All right, did they give you a contract ? »
Pogba : « No, but I was hoping you could give them a few millions to persuade them. »
Woody : « What do I get in return ? »
Pogba : « You can screw United fans one last time before leaving and my agent will send you a pizza »
Woody : « Great, where do I sign ? »

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Eh? Do these journalists make this up as they go along? Did they miss how Jose got on with him?
The only way I can see Jose using Ndombele is either as the most advanced central midfielder in a 4-3-3 or as a central mid in a 3-man-backline formation. Veretout himself is only slightly better, defensively, but he does work harder.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
  • Milan want an agreement with Lille to purchase Botman in the summer.
  • Reserving Botman for the summer won't stop Milan from acquiring another CB.
GDM stated the objective for Milan is to still try and get Botman this winter. Sky Italia also stated that the negotiations are going on at an ownership level. Worst case scenario would be blocking Botman for summer, and then loaning a CB for 6mos.

really hope we get him now, but it's going to be difficult.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Kean to PSG is not possible because Kean's already played for both Everton (1 appearance) and Juventus. As per the FIFA regulations, Kean can't play for 3 clubs, so for now, the deal is stalled.

Basically, PSG want a backup forward to replace Icardi, and Juve have no one to offer. Until PSG find someone to replace Icardi, they can't let him go to Juventus.

roseguy64

He's probably joining for the money

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
He's probably joining for the money
Money is always a motivator. What seems to be more motivating is younger players often hit a plateau performance wise in MLS. We are seeing more young players wanting to come play in higher European leagues to be challenged to raise their level of play. I think it is a combination of both money and desire to get better. In his case even in training with his teammates, he is facing higher quality players.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Ah great, so we have impossible standards again. Back to the old "No value in the market" excuse
I’m personally reassured by this though.

Why spend money on a player the next manager will want rid of?

Pintu

Bologna in a nasty hijack move for Youn Boys' Aebischer. He was almost gone for Cagliari.

Status
Not open for further replies.