Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

My only concern with this is that we might miss out on top 4, if we can get a player that can give us that extra push to get into top 4 then they should go ahead and by a CDM.
This season was shot when Solskjaer wasn't immediately sacked after Liverpool and Conte hired. No player exists now that can have such a massive impact to catapult us to 4th place. Especially not one available during the winter transfer window. Imagine we buy a player, still fail to reach 4th place and the player we bought doesn't fit with the next manager's plan. Another deadwood on our hands.

This is the right choice. Unfortunate situation, but it's where we are now.

Green Arrow

This season was shot when Solskjaer wasn't immediately sacked after Liverpool and Conte hired. No player exists now that can have such a massive impact to catapult us to 4th place. Especially not one available during the winter transfer window. Imagine we buy a player, still fail to reach 4th place and the player we bought doesn't fit with the next manager's plan. Another deadwood on our hands.

Fair point understand what all the other posters are saying too. Just another wasted season again just hope we address this in the summer.

Suv666

Sad but true

mctrials23

I think it depends on the player and how much they cost. There are some reasonable value players out there who would very likely improve us and could make a massive difference. If they are under £50m its worth it. Losing CL football is bad for so many reasons. Will our first choice manager want to come, will players be happy not being in the CL, our revenues will drop etc.

Even if they are a dud, at least we would have tried and even if they don't pull up any trees, the reality is that at the end of the season we will probably lose the following.

Pogba
Martial
VDB
Lingard
Matic
Mata

Thats quite a few squad spots to fill if nothing else. I don't think it would be that hard to improve upon Fred and McSauce if we bought a deep lying playmaker or DM.

Telsim

Fair point understand what all the other posters are saying too. Just another wasted season again just hope we address this in the summer.
I get the frustration, I share it, but the club made it's choice to forfeit this season when they didn't get rid of Ole sooner and snubbed Conte. He is the guy you hire when you need to win now. Which is what we should be doing after spending half a billion. Rangnick is a builder. Which is what what they opted for - rebuild. I disagree with this decision, because we have been "rebuilding" for 10 years, but it's where we are. Better we commit to that than try to do both and succeed at neither.

mctrials23

I get the frustration, I share it, but the club made it's choice to forfeit this season when they didn't get rid of Ole sooner and snubbed Conte. He is the guy you hire when you need to win now. Which is what we should be doing after spending half a billion. Rangnick is a builder. Which is what what they opted for - rebuild. I disagree with this decision, because we have been "rebuilding" for 10 years, but it's where we are. Better we commit to that than try to do both and succeed at neither.
Conte would have wanted to spend big for a couple of years and he would have put the noses out of a lot of these players. I don't think he would have been the right man at all. If we want to compete with the likes of Liverpool and City then we need to build a long term, coherent strategy that could take a few years to bear any real fruit. We need to look at the manager as transient but the club style and ethos as immutable as long as its working. Bayern change managers and little changes with their core philosophy. When Pep and Klopp leave you can be sure that their replacements won't change to completely different styles of football.

This team is a very good one on paper but its horribly imbalanced in reality. Oles lack of appreciation for the complexities and difficulty in creating a cohesive team has left us with a team that could be good if everyone is firing on all cylinders but is in reality just a bunch of disjointed individuals on the pitch.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So they basically have to pay a little extra to avid competition in the summer and also include a buy out clause in case they get relegated? I don't understand why Jesse would agree to that unless he has no other offers on the table right now as he can sign a free agent deal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would love if Newcastle just panic and spunk 25m on him with big wages :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So they basically have to pay a little extra to avid competition in the summer and also include a buy out clause in case they get relegated? I don't understand why Jesse would agree to that unless he has no other offers on the table right now as he can sign a free agent deal.
Money is why he would agree to it. And considering he’s willing to sit on the bench for 6 months in order to maximise his next contract I imagine it’s quite a big motivator.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Certainty. Currently Newcastle are the only ones in for him, who's to say anyone will care in the summer after not playing for a whole season? He's gambling more than one person will be in for him and willing to pay what he's expecting, so he can have leverage. Not a given.

BlackShark_80

Manchester City made two proposals to River: either sign Julian Alvarez now or wait until summer. None of the proposals reach the release clause. If City sign him now, there is a chance that Alvarez will be loaned to another European club.

Last edited:

Keyser

Manchester City made two proposals to River: either sign Julian Alvarez now or wait until summer. None of the proposals reach the release clause. If City sign him now, there is a chance that Alvarez will be loaned to another European club.
City make a move for a player, this is normally where our scouts go, oooh yeah buy him, isn't it?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It is done now. Big money signing for January over the line.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Atletico Madrid are in talks with Lille for [a] January [transfer] as reported by L'Équipe. The talks for Reinildo Mandava [Lille's left back] are progressing and if this is not [possible] now, it will be possible in June.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
About Tanguy Ndombélé: PSG wants to recruit him ready and discusses with Tottenham. But the will of the Parisian club is to make an exchange. For the moment, it seems complicated insofar as no midfielder in the PSG squad wants to leave.

Paredes refused to be traded, as revealed yesterday. In addition to Italy (Roma and Naples), Tanguy Ndombélé has leads in Spain and Germany. However, his priority remains PSG.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Barcelona's Óscar Mingueza was being linked with a loan move to Valencia, but it seems like that will no longer be the case.
Today they [sources] confirm that Óscar Mingueza is staying at Barcelona.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Full quotes:
With regard to Jesse, it's the same as with quite a few other players. He’s a really good player, I see that in every training session. For me it's normal that other clubs like, for example, Newcastle show interest in him. I'm not the one who is dealing with that. I know there might be some interest from other clubs but if you ask me now what will happen in the next 10 days until the closure of the window, I can't answer that question I’m afraid.

[When pressed further by another journalist]
As I said, it’s also a question of what does the player want, what options does he really have? Does he see a chance to get more game time? Those are all questions that I cannot answer for him or for other players. This is something that has to be done by the players and their agents themselves. What I can say is he’s a very good player, a technical player and of course he can play for many Premier League clubs on a regular basis. Here at Manchester United it is not so easy as we have other players who can also play in that position and we can't change from one game to the other five or six positions.

As I said, for him, I know his contract is expiring in the summer but the question is what does he want to do? Does he want to get more gametime from now on? Therefore, it’s quite legitimate to speak about other options, but I wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed until the rest of season. I know he is a player who can always play, even if we need to play him from the start. I know what kind of level I will get from him. That’s how I would describe the situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.