Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Romano announced on Twitch that a deal for the winter transfer window is off, but he can still sign on a Bosman for the summer transfer window.
I think I heard it would be a tribunal situation similar to Harvey Elliott now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Cannot stress enough how little I care about whether Liverpool have signed some kid I've never heard of or not.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Cannot stress enough how little I care about whether Liverpool have signed some kid I've never heard of or not.
You don't need to care, but he's one of the most talented young players in the world. He's been a regular for Fulham at the age of 19 and has been impressive with his performances.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
fecking Fulham pissing us about that, wanting more money and loaning back, asking for Neco Williams loan etc, Risk of no tribunal fee will dawn on them if he goes to a foreign club which will probably happen now.

GledTheRed

fecking Fulham pissing us about that, wanting more money and loaning back, asking for Neco Williams loan etc, Risk of no tribunal fee will dawn on them if he goes to a foreign club which will probably happen now.
How dare the cheeky bastards try get a decent deal for their prized asset.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's disappointing but not the end of the world. I've felt for a while that leaving deals to the last minute like that is daft. We could've done all this yesterday.

Diaz is an exciting signing and a bonus considering I didn't expect anyone to be coming in this window. Going to be difficult for Minamino and Origi now though.

chiz2kul

your caring or lack thereof isn't really relevant. Like someone alluded to, he is a pretty hot prospect. I'm not sure he'll end up at pool after this.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
How dare the cheeky bastards try get a decent deal for their prized asset.
They did get a good deal to begin with 5m + agreed to loan him back to the end of the season. They had that or face a several month wait for a tribunal fee which could be less or potentially lose him for nothing to a foreign club.

GledTheRed

They did get a good deal to begin with 5m + agreed to loan him back to the end of the season. They had that or face a several month wait for a tribunal fee which could be less or potentially lose him for nothing to a foreign club.
5 million is peanuts, if you wanted to get it done you'd have offered 10 yesterday.

Trying to take advantage of the contract situation and low balling has shagged this deal up for you.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Not that it's particularly consequential in this case, but honestly I can't think of anything more daft and moronic than professional football clubs not getting transfer deals in the dimension of several million €€ done because they run out of minutes at the end of the last day of a WHOLE feckING MONTH of transfer window.
Not to mention they can of course start dealing and negotiating already before the window, the month-long window is merely for the paperwork :lol:
Why does this happen? How are these top professionals running elite clubs? Just do it.. I don't know.. yesterday?

AFC NimbleThumb

Not that it's particularly consequential in this case, but honestly I can't think of anything more daft and moronic than professional football clubs not getting transfer deals in the dimension of several million €€ done because they run out of minutes at the end of the last day of a WHOLE feckING MONTH of transfer window.
Not to mention they can of course start dealing and negotiating already before the window, the month-long window is merely for the paperwork :lol:
Why does this happen? How are these top professionals running elite clubs? Just do it.. I don't know.. yesterday?
It’ll be a ploy by the scousers in the hope a tribunal comes in with a lower fee, after the Elliot saga why leave this transfer till the dying minutes? When he signs in the summer for pennies on the pound they can say they tried to do the right thing in January.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
If we wanted him, we’re the idiots for leaving it till the last minute.

Fulham are well within their rights to refuse for whatever reason.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Matej Kovar is loaned out to Burton Albion. He's also signed a new contract that'll end in 2023 with an option for 1 more year.

GledTheRed

It’ll be a ploy by the scousers in the hope a tribunal comes in with a lower fee, after the Elliot saga why leave this transfer till the dying minutes? When he signs in the summer for pennies on the pound they can say they tried to do the right thing in January.
Did similar with Gordon from Derby too, gave them a pittance once they were in administration.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If we wanted him, we’re the idiots for leaving it till the last minute.

Fulham are well within their rights to refuse for whatever reason.
Still think we get him, much like Elliot he’s a boyhood red. Only way we miss out now is our own incompetence.

NYAS

:lol: The absolute state of this post. Do you think the world revolves around you?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Still think we get him, much like Elliot he’s a boyhood red. Only way we miss out now is our own incompetence.
Hope so. But if we don’t, we only have ourselves to blame.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Everton seems to be the place for washed up wingers/attackers…Lennon, Walcott, Iwobi, Townsend, and now Alli.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Because we are not as desperate as Arsenal to clear our wages and we won't let any of those players leave for free.
They have him leave on a free transfer and pay out?

Not difficult if you think United should just release all those players?

Don’t understand the question to be honest
They are paying him to leave. We probably could too, if we were desperate and dumb
What are Arsenal playing out? They managed to free up £350k a week worth of wages for a troublesome player who’s 30+. I’m not sure if they’re paying out anything unless I missed it.

My general point was we have players on bloated contracts that we struggle to move on. Either because we’re asking for a fee, or the salary covered fully. And secondly we keep on offering these guys new contracts to protect their value, thereby, continuing the cycle.

TheReligion

Abusive
What are Arsenal playing out? They managed to free up £350k a week worth of wages for a troublesome player who’s 30+. I’m not sure if they’re paying out anything unless I missed it.

My general point was we have players on bloated contracts that we struggle to move on. Either because we’re asking for a fee, or the salary covered fully. And secondly we keep on offering these guys new contracts to protect their value, thereby, continuing the cycle.
There isn’t really a point to be honest mate.

We can let our players go for free if you prefer and do the same. It’s not witchcraft.

OmarUnited4ever

The reason this happens is (and I'm speculating here) is probably club execs get more desperate the more time passes and it gets closer to deadline day, on deadline day itself they (club execs) will just throw caution to the wind and try whatever they can to get a player in.

if you have seen the "Sunderland Till I Die" documentary on Netflix, there is an episode about Sunderland trying to sign a striker on deadline day of January 2019 transfer window, they got Will Grigg, the club owner at the time offered 4m to Wigan to get Grigg, despite the advice from his manager that Grigg was not worth it, it really shows you that when club owners/execs get desperate they throw money around, now imagine a bigger club getting desperate, they would throw millions upon millions on players at the last minute of deadline.

Last edited:

Corridor of Uncertainty

Only 2.5 year contract? I know his stock has fallen but Christ
I respect their ruthlessness, although being owned by the Saudi's that's to be expected.

Everyone at the table understands one another and what they're getting out of it. He'll be useful for them for the remainder of this season and probably next. High wages, short contract. No need to burden the club down with needless long term wages when they'll be making clear upgrades to that position as soon as the summer window opens.

Woodzy

I respect their ruthlessness, although being owned by the Saudi's that's to be expected.

Everyone at the table understands one another and what they're getting out of it. He'll be useful for them for the remainder of this season and probably next. High wages, short contract. No need to burden the club down with needless long term wages when they'll be making clear upgrades to that position as soon as the summer window opens.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.