Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I struggle to see why he wouldn't want to go the Chelsea? I also think he'd come to us if we were to stump up the cash too. Lets face it, he's got plenty of options, and there is plenty of good ones.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This cannot happen at any costs,

Disaster if United let this fall through their fingers, it scares me to think of Haaland in that Chelsea team more than any other player, they would have such a young already successful team for the next 6-8 years easily ,

Mount, Werner, Havertz, Chilwell, James, Gilmour, Pulisic , you add Haaland into that :nervous:
Not arsed about a couple in that list but why is Werner in that list (especially if they got Haaland)? Is he going to carry their bags?

2E_MUFC

If Haaland stays this season. I’d be confident of us getting him next year. Could see Chelsea going big this summer though. Saul is overrated, not the midfielder we need.

RUCK4444

Don't "Ffs" me.

They made a point that they didn't think "he wants to go to Chelsea". I simply asked what that was based on. It's a completely reasonable question.

Leave the petty shit at home.
Ffs (again)

Sick of posters in a United forum giving it the ‘why would they choose us when they could go there’ sob story shite.

acolyte

Dont think they’ll sell or he wants to go to Chelsea, but Roman is a mad man so you’ll never know...
We need to pay up for Sancho already to lessen the financial pressure on Dortmund to sell Haaland this summer. Keep the dream alive for one more year.

theklr

Why wouldn't he want to go to Chelsea, as opposed to us, for example?
Oh, thats because even if they won CL (with some luck must be said) they struggled to get into top 4, and are still a somewhat uncertain prospect.

I dont think he wants us either , as we seem miles off any CL title, and as Chelsea doesnt look very likely to win PL.

He has enough ambition to really only consider City, Bayern, Real or Barca.
Yes, the spanish clubs arent really up there either atm, but they have the attraction still.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If we offered Dortmund £150m, how could they in COVID times say no to that when they will only get half next summer when his release clause kicks in? Especially when you know with 100% certainty that their main domestic rival Bayern will go all out for him. Do they want another Lewandowski situation where they have their former talisman haunting them for the next decade?

Would make sense for them to cash in in their terms when they have all the leverage and can control his destination. Of course, this all assumes any deal happens before Sancho goes because if they sell him it’s hard to see them selling Haaland as well.
That depends on whether 150 million Pounds is even enough. Unlike this or even last summer when they were okay with letting Sancho go, they are absolutely unwilling to let go of Haaland this summer. There were no prices publicly suggested by any of the more reliable journalists for him (unlike the 120 million Euros for Sancho last summer), and if you look around for any suggested price, you'll only find 172 million Pounds from AS, a Spanish media outlet.

Dortmund have absolutely no plans to sell Haaland this summer. They've made this very clear. To purchase him, I think that Chelsea will need to offer something like what PSG offered Barcelona for Neymar (222 million Euros).

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Werner wouldn’t be in the bench if Haaland (or any striker) is brought in. Don’t know why anyone would suggest that. As shite as his finishing was this past season he still had more direct goal contributions than anyone in our team. Think all Chelsea supporters are confident he’ll come good next season.

Werner on the left, new striker up top. We can essentially use Werner as our version of Heung Min Son. Wide forward who really a second striker.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Oh, thats because even if they won CL (with some luck must be said) they struggled to get into top 4, and are still a somewhat uncertain prospect.

I dont think he wants us either , as we seem miles off any CL title, and as Chelsea doesnt look very likely to win PL.

He has enough ambition to really only consider City, Bayern, Real or Barca.
Yes, the spanish clubs arent really up there either atm, but they have the attraction still.
What ambition could he achieve at any of those clubs that he can’t at Chelsea? In fact, Chelsea is in much better position than either Spanish club right now to win titles over a sustained period.

SATA

BVB aren’t selling both Sancho and Erling in a single window. Their fans are probably going to riot there if that happens

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
That depends on whether 150 million Pounds is even enough. Unlike this or even last summer when they were okay with letting Sancho go, they are absolutely unwilling to let go of Haaland this summer. There were no prices publicly suggested by any of the more reliable journalists for him (unlike the 120 million Euros for Sancho last summer), and if you look around for any suggested price, you'll only find 172 million Pounds from AS, a Spanish media outlet.

Dortmund have absolutely no plans to sell Haaland this summer. They've made this very clear. To purchase him, I think that Chelsea will need to offer something like what PSG offered Barcelona for Neymar (222 million Euros).
Money talks
100 mil plus bid with even a player thrown in and I bet their heads would turn.

theklr

What ambition could he achieve at any of those clubs that he can’t at Chelsea? In fact, Chelsea is in much better position than either Spanish club right now to win titles over a sustained period.
Youd take Chelsea winning PL and another CL over those clubs? Fair enough I guess, but I’d not put my money on it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Money talks
100 mil plus bid with even a player thrown in and I bet their heads would turn.
United fans were saying the same thing about Sancho last summer (i.e. that Dortmund would accept our bids because of COVID hurting their finances), but they didn't budge. That was for a player that they were okay to sell. Haaland is clearly not for sale. Every team will have a much tougher time getting him when he's not for sale.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
United fans were saying the same thing about Sancho last summer (i.e. that Dortmund would accept our bids because of COVID hurting their finances), but they didn't budge. That was for a player that they were okay to sell. Haaland is clearly not for sale. Every team will have a much tougher time getting him when he's not for sale.
You never gave them what they wanted. That's why.
Next season they only getting 65 mil.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Youd take Chelsea winning PL and another CL over those clubs? Fair enough I guess, but I’d not put my money on it.
We just won the CL without a striker. You think we wouldn’t be genuine PL and CL contenders going forward with arguably the best #9 in the world in our team? Really?

We just beat the Spanish champions over two legs comfortably and beat the Spanish runners up over two legs comfortably. Again, with no outright striker.

gajender

If 65 m release clause is true and you guys offer 150 m this summer I believe Dortmund would sell , all this posturing is well and good but at end of the day its hard to justify taking hit of 85 m just for vanities sake.
Unless Dortmund believe Haaland would extend his contract with them and they can get rid of the clause it's would be foolish not to sell him if somebody offers anything above 120 m this summer.

The Urban Goose

We just won the CL without a striker. You think we wouldn’t be genuine PL and CL contenders going forward with arguably the best #9 in the world in our team? Really?

We just beat the Spanish champions over two legs comfortably and beat the Spanish runners up over two legs comfortably. Again, with no outright striker.
Never mind all that, I'll be ordering the popcorn ready for Raiola's shenanigans in two years when they want to move him to Barca or Madrid...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So I see why Chelsea fans think that 150 million Pounds could do the trick:

The article itself states that more than 150 million Pounds will be required, and Chelsea will have to "smash their wage structure". Chelsea are working to determine if the Haaland transfer is even viable. Chelsea will test Dortmund's resolve if they receive some encouragement from Haaland's camp.

City are still interested in Haaland as well as Kane (who they're favourites for). If City rule themselves out of the Haaland race, then Chelsea will feel more confident over striking a deal. To make up for the fee, Chelsea are listening for offers of 40 million Pounds or more for Tammy Abraham. They will also inquire Dortmund about obtaining Abraham to make up for losing Haaland.

In other news, Tuchel's still interested in Declan Rice and a right-sided player (wing back).

We don't exactly know what Dortmund actually wants for Haaland. I even mentioned that my reply to Orc's post. Matt Law saying that more than 150 million is required is vague, but we don't know if even 150 million would make Dortmund budge. We'll need German media outlets/sources to give us a better idea of what Dortmund would want.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
If 65 m release clause is true and you guys offer 150 m this summer I believe Dortmund would sell , all this posturing is well and good but at end of the day its hard justify taking hit of 85 m just for vanities sake.
Unless Dortmund believe Haaland would extend his contract with them and they can get rid of the clause it's would be foolish not to sell him if somebody offers anything above 120 m.
This is my point exactly. We talking at least 40 mil plus on what they take next season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Le Télegramme

Meslier's agent Yvon Pouliquen:
Paris Saint-Germain are watching, but Illan’s goal is to play. He had his first season in the Premier League. He needs to confirm. Going to Paris Saint-Germain to take over from Navas in a year or two and not play, what’s the point? His progression will be greater by playing at Leeds.

He left Lorient to not sit on a bench. At Leeds, he arrived on the bench, but he played a lot of U23 games before becoming a starter in the Championship and in the Premier League. From the off, he was programmed to be the starter in two years. It just happened quicker.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Never mind all that, I'll be ordering the popcorn ready for Raiola's shenanigans in two years when they want to move him to Barca or Madrid...
It would certainly happen if he moves to the PL. Thing is, if a City/Chelsea/United buy him for 150m and Real Madrid or Barca come in for him in 2-3 years he’ll cost twice that. And these big clubs can’t be bullied like and Arsenal or Spurs can be.

gorky_utd

Haaland should wait one more year tbh before deciding his next destination. Chelsea, while UCL champion, did not face PSG, Bayern, lost FA Cup to Leicester, relied on Bale to make top 4. Spanish clubs are going through rebuilding phase, City might need a striker if they fail to land Kane, PSG will be interested to replace Mbappe etc. While joining Chelsea will not be a mistake, it may not be the best decision.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
With a level playing field Haaland won't chose Chelsea but fair play if they're the only ones willing to offer the 170m that's being reported can see Haaland going there if Dortmund accept the offer and he has no other offers this summer

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Rice and Haaland for another 200+ million summer spend.

They're every bit as bad as city. Funded by dirty money and buying success since 2004.

Financial fair play though eh?

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

He will go wherever he thinks he can win. If Chelsea are willing to pay ridiculous money to get him then they get him and we will have to look elsewhere. We have been there before and will be there a million times again.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Rice and Haaland for another 200+ million summer spend.

They're every bit as bad as city. Funded by dirty money and buying success since 2004.

Financial fair play though eh?
If I remember correctly, winning the CL and finishing in the top 4 in the PL are each worth nearly £100m for a club. Add in money from player sales and we could buy Haaland without even dipping into Roman’s pocket.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
If I remember correctly, winning the CL and finishing in the top 4 in the PL are each worth nearly £100m for a club. Add in money from player sales and we could buy Haaland without even dipping into Roman’s pocket.
Already 30 odd mil up from players sold and we have sooo much dead wood to sell.

theklr

Ofcourse you would be that if you got Haaland - but look at it this way, would he want to go to a club that might win if he got there, or to a club that just won, or won a year before without him? Where would he think he had the best chances of success?

Then he could think the same about United seeing we were the closest to City and also without a proper no9 most of the season.

I agree regarding Real Madrid though, even though they are a shadow of the former selves atm, but their general allure and history in LaLiga and CL really dwarfs both Chelsea and United’s, I really think he could make an exception for them and Barca.

Im not trying to take cheap or undervaluing Chelsea here, I certainly think it he would feel it would be more chances of success there than at United probably.

bsCallout

Not sure Chelsea paid £50m-£60m for a backup who scored 6 PL goals (against lower league teams).

Maybe he's just had a very long settling in period.
Very long? He's been there one season in which they also changed manager . And whilst infront of goal he's not been great his play otherwise has been very good

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Werner?

He may not be able to score but he is definitely a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.