Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

I love it. No giving chances to players for the feck of it when there’s existing data and proof to say they probably shouldn’t. Welcome to the era of data analysis, United.

I wonder if this is a ETH thing or a Murtough thing. I get this picture in my head that Woodward probably made previous managers keep giving chances to players those managers probably didn’t fancy, especially when the idiot was renewing Phil Jones on new shiny deals.

I get the feeling as Woodward was main contact that he’d probably say ‘I dunno how good they are on the pitch, but they’ve got marketability!’ when LVG and Jose came in, resulting in those two having to find out for themselves.
I think this is Murtough with the greenlight from ETH/Rangnick.

sparx99

Never in a million years could‘ve imagined Real Madrid missing out on both Haaland AND Mbappe when one is available for free and the other for peanuts.

Florentino must be in full blown meltdown. Wonder who they’ll target now to appease their supporters.
Salah or Mane?

sparx99

We priced Dalot at €20m last summer and there was no interest.
You can't have it both ways. We either demand what players are worth in the market or we sell at stupidly cheap prices. I have no problem with the club sticking firm to valuations. We get quoted £50m for every average PL player. Dalot has achieved much more in his career than the likes of Max Aarons who is regularly talked up as a £20-25m full back. Liverpool get £20m for Ibe and Brewster etc.

He may not end up being world class but at 22 he's still got time. He's certainly not useless and has actually been one of the players to improve under Rangnick I'd say. I recon Ten Hag could make more out of him.

C3Pique

Mental that we could ship out 12 senior squad players this summer and not actually get any worse.

The Woodward effect.

Mick1

Poch is a far better manager than Lopetegui. If PSG don't have a proper alternative they should just stick with Poch.
Psg really need to stop getting systems managers. The football equivalent of the Harlem Globe Trotters are hardly gonna be ones to sacrifice themselves for the team. Tuchel, Porch and even Emery were set up to fail. Pep, Klopp and their derivatives ( tiki taka and counter-press managers ) are not getting MNM to play their way, and whilst a dominant team can accommodate a player ( we couldn't with Pogba and now we can't with Ronaldo) that will deviate from the system, no team can carry 3.

Think Ancelotti would do half a decent job. His specialty is getting something out of lopsided superstar teams.

ShinjiNinja26

Psg really need to stop getting systems managers. The football equivalent of the Harlem Globe Trotters are hardly gonna be ones to sacrifice themselves for the team. Tuchel, Porch and even Emery were set up to fail. Pep, Klopp and their derivatives ( tiki taka and counter-press managers ) are not getting MNM to play their way, and whilst a dominant team can accommodate a player ( we couldn't with Pogba and now we can't with Ronaldo) that will deviate from the system, no team can carry 3.

Think Ancelotti would do half a decent job. His specialty is getting something out of lopsided superstar teams.
They need a bit of Ole’s vibes football.

Nick7

You have no clue what we priced him last summer. Given the totally delusional fees the club have set for fringe players over the last 5-10 years, there's zero chance we'd have priced Dalot at £15m, a 22 year old who'd just been a regular starter while on loan for Milan in a season where they finished 2nd.

We only sold James for £25m, and wouldn't have let Lingard go to West Ham for less than that. Even though they were fringe players who barely got a start all season prior.
K

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I love it. No giving chances to players for the feck of it when there’s existing data and proof to say they probably shouldn’t. Welcome to the era of data analysis, United.

I wonder if this is a ETH thing or a Murtough thing. I get this picture in my head that Woodward probably made previous managers keep giving chances to players those managers probably didn’t fancy, especially when the idiot was renewing Phil Jones on new shiny deals.

I get the feeling as Woodward was main contact that he’d probably say ‘I dunno how good they are on the pitch, but they’ve got marketability!’ when LVG and Jose came in, resulting in those two having to find out for themselves.
This busts my chops. When Phil signed his contract in 2019, he was 27, fit, healthy and playing first team footy for United as well as part of the England squad. Why wouldn’t he be given a new deal at that stage?
Find a new stooge for that narrative
It’s his time to leave to rebuild his career but let’s get our stuff lined up straight when using him as a (bad) example

Mick1

This busts my chops. When Phil signed his contract in 2019, he was 27, fit, healthy and playing first team footy for United as well as part of the England squad. Why wouldn’t he be given a new deal at that stage?
Find a new stooge for that narrative
It’s his time to leave to rebuild his career but let’s get our stuff lined up straight when using him as a (bad) example
It's been documented that at the time Phil Jones got injured prior to his contract running out, and the club gave him a new contract partly out of solidarity, kind of similar to the Fletcher situation in some ways.
I also think Jones is on one of the lowest contracts in the squad, sub 80k if I recall correctly, only outearning Hugh Grant.

By all accounts, a very promising player who had a horrid time with injuries, and the club stuck by him. I don't think anyone comes out looking bad from this situation except he fans who keep ridiculing an injured player who, through this much maligned contract, earnt less than half of Mino's cut for bringing Pogba.

Phil Jones wasn't the problem with the team, and he wasn't the reason for the trajectory of the club. If anything, it shows the club takes care of their players when their fortunes are down.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

The Manchester United owned man struggled with poor form and fitness, managing a goal and an assist from 12 matches in all competitions. His only goal came in the Europa League win over Dinamo Zagreb.

Estadio Deportivo explain the 26-year-old cannot say goodbye to Sevilla fans on Sunday as he is recovering a ‘physical discomfort’. The Manchester United forward is ‘totally ruled out’ for the last clash of the season against Athletic Bilbao.

With Martial already playing his last game for the Spanish club, the outlet takes a look at his ‘disastrous’ spell with Los Nervionenses. It’s claimed the France international ‘arrived and from the beginning he enjoyed privileges’.

A lack of minutes at Manchester United didn’t help the attacker to quickly adapt in Spain. At the same time, fans were disappointed to see him not start matches, ‘despite the fact that his performance was far beyond simply disappointing’.

ED state Martial not being able to say goodbye to Sevilla fans is ‘better’ because if he does, then ‘it will be with the banner of one of the biggest fiascoes in the La Liga winter market’. The outlet further adds the result of his signing has been so ‘disheartening’ due to his poor performances.

Martial will return to Old Trafford and must wait to find out whether he will be included in the Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United plans.
No surprise there the useless has shone through.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's been documented that at the time Phil Jones got injured prior to his contract running out, and the club gave him a new contract partly out of solidarity, kind of similar to the Fletcher situation in some ways.
I also think Jones is on one of the lowest contracts in the squad, sub 80k if I recall correctly, only outearning Hugh Grant.

By all accounts, a very promising player who had a horrid time with injuries, and the club stuck by him. I don't think anyone comes out looking bad from this situation except he fans who keep ridiculing an injured player who, through this much maligned contract, earnt less than half of Mino's cut for bringing Pogba.

Phil Jones wasn't the problem with the team, and he wasn't the reason for the trajectory of the club. If anything, it shows the club takes care of their players when their fortunes are down.
I agree with the general bits you’re saying but just dispute the timeline

As far as I can
signed new contract feb 2019

After 14 months of rehabilitation, he completed his first full session in August 2021
which would suggest his real bad one happened after signing the new deal.

off course he had other injuries but at time of contract he was fit, getting game time and in the England squad. So I think why wouldn’t he get a new contract? Once injured I totally agree, United did the right thing standing by him. They are now in the position where they can release him to get on with his career.

going back to the other stuff, he’s constantly held up as a yardstick to beat for signing a work contract. It’s not fair of some fans to blame the player or hold him up as the example

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo on Griezmann:

Reminder: Griezmann's currently on loan to Atletico Madrid from Barcelona. Atletico does have a purchase option, however.

EDIT: Replaced Spanish Tweet with an English one

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Full question & answer:
You mentioned a few weeks ago that you needed to have an honest conversation with Kepa Arrizabalaga about his future, have you had that conversation and where do you see his future?
It depends what he wants and it depends what his plans are, but I know that we are very privileged to have Edou (Mendy) and Kepa in our squad. I know for sure that Kepa is not happy about the situation and he deserves to play more and he can be a strong number one.

He arrived as a number one goalkeeper so the situation is not easy. I can tell you that he is a fantastic team player since day one and always was and never let anybody down. So no, we did not have this conversation. I know the goalkeepers coaches have these conversations at the moment and then we will take our time to speak with him, reflect what’s best, what the possibilities are and I’m, of course as a coach, super happy to have both strong goalkeepers. Let’s see.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

The full quote:
He got married, congratulations. I don't know his travel, he had permission. If you ask me personally, I want him next season. There is no-one thinking he cannot be here. If he wants to leave, as a club we don't know it. All the twitter accounts saying he will leave, I don't know. Maybe you know more than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.