Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySmith1990

Absolutely delighted that it's looking like Pogba is definitely leaving. I was terrified we'd offer him a new mega contract and beg him to stay.

jesperjaap

Absolutely delighted that it's looking like Pogba is definitely leaving. I was terrified we'd offer him a new mega contract and beg him to stay.
Agree. The thoughts of slight sadness as no denying his ability that its never consistently happened here ended a long long time ago. Should have been sold two summers ago for me and undoubetly last summer. Only thing more criminal than not selling him when £40-50 was probably still possible last summer would be givin ghim a new contract now.

What is still sad though s despite only being consistently what we expected him to be for 3months in his whole time here, he has still been undoubtely one of our better players here during his spell at the club, just shows the sheer derth of quality or consistent performance thoughout virtually our whole squad past and present for the last four years or so

prateik

Just glad he is going.. what a waste of time Pogba has been.. Don't care about the money.. we have wasted plenty..
Just move on .

jesperjaap

If Madrid get a young midfielder they’re sorted along with mbappe.
Camavinga and Valverde are hardly bad options if still maybe needing one more. SO unMadrid signings wise, but I think ots the full backs as behind there experienced ones, likes of Mendy dont look to good.

I know they spend fortunes and are glroy hunting with some of the signings, but have to say considering how old a lot of the treble champions league squad were, on the whole they are doing a really good job of replacing them long term.

Mbappe maybe more of a Ronaldo replacement, saw tentative links with Giouri the other day which would be astute for me, as reminds me a lot of the young Benzema, even the newspaper article was calling him the new Benzema.

A club in transition, somehow in another CL final even though they have been battered every knockout game, but they look like 2/3 players away from a really promising new side over the next year or two

jesperjaap

Just glad he is going.. what a waste of time Pogba has been.. Don't care about the money.. we have wasted plenty..
Just move on .
Understand what you are saying and agree on the whole. But I find it crazy when there is so much talk of us struggling to sell players on there wages and move on generally, that here we are this summer wth a club record signing on a huge contract that has (though better than most to be fair in the squad) never lived up to the billing over several seasons and three mangers now....that we DIDN|T sell him for £50-75m that we could have done over the last couple of years and to a lesser degree Lingard, who though an intelligent player with good movement has never looked like being a starting eleven player or a really valuable squad player in his whole career here, has had one decentish season with a few important goal contributions and how old is he now? We could have got £25m odd for him a while back....£100m odd and what have either done here the last two years really?

roseguy64

I think that he wanted to sign him for the right wing to nail down that position and solve the RW situation (and ST by moving greenwood central). Presumably, he expected Sancho to link up with the right back who turned out to be useless in attack, so instead shifted him to the left wing (the times he got on the pitch, and boy did he spend a surprising amount of time on the bench under Ole) and then left him to be double marked whenever the full-back didn’t make an overlapping run.

In essence, I reckon that Ole saw him as a speedy right winger who was beating defenders 1v1 for fun when in reality, his main strength is his combination play in and around the box and utilising his teammates’ runs to create openings for them or for himself. Then ended up with another primarily left sided winger and couldn’t move Greenwood up front because the right wing situation wasn’t solved.
This is my view on that.
Sancho was a winger and he was played on the wing, he played primarily off the left because Rashford was injured and Greenwood started the season in really good form on the right.
Sancho just wasn't playing well enough. Don't think it was a problem with how he was being used. He just needed to get up to speed with the league.

Chairman Steve

How awful will this reflect on Solskjaer as the £130m he spent to improve our back line gets shipped out/loaned out by ETH in one window?

Blood Mage

Ten Hag putting his balls on display already. Letting both Maguire and AWB go with all the other departures taking place is a bold call but definitely the right call. You just can't play high-line, progressive football with those two.

bucky

It's a buy option from a loan deal negotiated two years ago, when Mavropanos was a 22 year old 2nd division player.
Ah fair enough. Thought it was from a year ago. Point remains, what do they gain with deals like that. I'd rather have him on the squad than Holding for example.

It's the Arsenal way. Did the same with Martinez.

I really don't understand what Artetas problem was with Saliba, surely they didn't need to go and spend 50m on Ben White with him on the books. Utterly bizarre.
Yeah, it's weird. Saliba has similar attributes to White, but it's not unlikely that he is going to turn out to be the better player.

edcunited1878

How awful will this reflect on Solskjaer as the £130m he spent to improve our back line gets shipped out/loaned out by ETH in one window?
It's a club decision to bring in Maguire and AWB, especially more on Maguire as Mourinho wanted him prior to Ole. But if the players don't fit EtH's way of playing, so be it. That goes back to the top and how the football side wants to play and the type of qualities they want to bring in regardless of playing style. There hadn't been a clear strategy nor structure since Fergie left until maybe a season ago. Maguire has had a torrid season, but don't think he's this bad, while AWB is at his best all things considered.

edcunited1878

Ten Hag putting his balls on display already. Letting both Maguire and AWB go with all the other departures taking place is a bold call but definitely the right call. You just can't play high-line, progressive football with those two.
It's not only EtH, but there seems to be a much better alignment and vision and direction with Murtough. The experience with Ralf has also been beneficial, with Fletcher at his side during matches, then debriefing together and reporting their findings with Murtough. It's a group effort that has now a clear man in charge in EtH, but also with Mitchell van der Gaag.

hobbers

Predictable though. Ole spent £130m on two defenders who were both bred exclusively for Burnley's style of football.

He wouldn't have done any worse to sign Mings and Tarkowski and play one of them at right back.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
From #DeLigt's renewal to the possible return of #Pogba: the latest on the Bianconeri transfers
  • Pogba's keen on returning to Juventus.
    • PSG, who submitted a better offer, are on standby.
  • De Ligt situation
    • Juve want to extend de Ligt's contract by 1-2 years.
    • De Ligt wants to lower his release clause to an amount less than €100m.
    • Both parties want to reach an agreement.
  • If possible, Juve will look to move on both Moise Kean and Luca Pellegrini.

Becks00

• Pogba's keen on returning to Juventus.
    • PSG, who submitted a better offer, are on standby.
  • De Ligt situation
    • Juve want to extend de Ligt's contract by 1-2 years.
    • De Ligt wants to lower his release clause to an amount less than €100m.
    • Both parties want to reach an agreement.
  • If possible, Juve will look to move on both Moise Kean and Luca Pellegrini.
Need Pogba to choose PSG and keep them away from De Jong.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Inter have deepened negotiations with Paulo Dybala.
The striker has already made his demands known and it is expected that in the coming days the Italian club will make a formal proposal. Today is the most advanced.

stevoc

This is my view on that.

Sancho just wasn't playing well enough. Don't think it was a problem with how he was being used. He just needed to get up to speed with the league.
Yep his poor form and him not hitting the ground running definitely played a part in his lack of games at the start of the season.

stevoc

In essence, I reckon that Ole saw him as a speedy right winger who was beating defenders 1v1 for fun when in reality, his main strength is his combination play in and around the box and utilising his teammates’ runs to create openings for them or for himself.
What are you basing this theory on though?

You'd have to assume he was extensively scouted as the club pursued him for over 2 years. Not all players work out and some just never develop the way you'd hope but I'm sure Solskjaer, his staff and the coaching department had a fair idea what type of player Sancho was before signing him.

Then ended up with another primarily left sided winger and couldn’t move Greenwood up front because... the right wing situation wasn’t solved.
...we signed Ronaldo

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Don’t get me wrong, seeing the string of spit on James coopers lips when he was United correspondent was enough to make heave but this Mellisa Reddy sounds like she’s reading from an autocue and not very well….spit? Autocue?….Ok I prefer Reddy.
I prefer the spit tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.