Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Normally this time of year we get linked with every man and his dog, apart from the usual Sancho and Varane rumors it seems quiet
We've been linked to quite a good few names by a bunch of sources (both good and bad) up to now.
  1. Kieran Trippier
  2. Declan Rice
  3. Tom Heaton
  4. Cristiano Ronaldo
  5. Nikola Milenkovic
  6. Cristian Romero
  7. Kamaludeen Sulemana
  8. Saúl Niguez
  9. Pau Torres
  10. Jules Koundé
  11. Nuno Mendes
  12. Edmond Tapsoba
  13. Hakan Calhanoglu
  14. Jan Oblak
  15. Mauro Arambarri
This is without looking about the obviously stupid/fake links that come through every summer.

jesperjaap

Reece James isn’t going anywhere you jokers. :lol:

It‘s Azpi’s place in the XI that’s under threat if we sign Hakimi, not RJ’s. No more playing the aging Azpi as a wingback when he’s very limited attacking wise and has lost considerable pace. Azpi will become a guy who can fill in at numerous positions as a rotation option.

James RCB, Hakimi RWB.
Hakimi does look excellent going forward....but why would you want to move James? For me, all round he is already the best all round English right back amongst a plethora of quality English right backs and potentially the best in Europe. He has great delivery too. Strange one to me, would be looking at a new RCB if I was Chelseaas like you say he should be going nowhere....literally, fantastic young right back

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Hakimi does look excellent going forward....but why would you want to move James? For me, all round he is already the best all round English right back amongst a plethora of quality English right backs and potentially the best in Europe. He has great delivery too. Strange one to me, would be looking at a new RCB if I was Chelseaas like you say he should be going nowhere....literally, fantastic young right back
Yeah, it’s a bit strange. If you’d have asked me a couple of weeks ago if we needed another RWB I’d have said no chance. But clearly Tuchel sees the need and feels RJ can excel as a CB.

Still skeptical that we’d pay what Inter are asking when we also need a super expensive striker.

jesperjaap

He’s nowhere near Sancho level right now but as Vickery said last year, he’s a great but raw talent. He’s clearly more direct and has a trick or two up his sleeve. So in that regard he’s more talented than James whos future we’ve yet to decide on. Bringing him back here makes no sense whatsoever. Getting games at a good European club or one of the promoted clubs is a better way to go. The lad has improved steadily and that’s what we can expect from him next season
I know, not suggesting that he should be starting or on the bench. Essentially at the moment he is 4th choice right wing, maybe up to 3rd if James moves or in a season....but back to 4th if we sign Sancho. People can say he is a punt, is £10m though, hardly a small fee for a teen with few games. I know Lingard and Greenwood are academy players as is Shoetire....bit we potentially have about 6 or 7 players to play on the right and one of our most pressign issues is to sign a right winger this summer. Long term signings or not £80m on Sancho is quite damning of what we did last summer to me.

Not 60m, £50m max. Pellestri = 11m, Amad = 20m, James = 18m. Amad's fee will rise after clauses have been triggered when he plays. Why does everyone have to exaggerate so much. Constant exaggeration in football is mind-numbing. The lad gave 200% today.
Well there are add ons with the Amad fee, think it can rise to £33/34m, so potentially it is above £60m for the three of them. That isnt even the point though, it is the point we have bought three young wingers in as many years, have our best youngster in many years breaking through at right wing even if long term he isnt seen there.....yet there is desperation for us to sign a right winger. Of course the likes of Pellestri are longer term signings, but that is a lot of money to have spent on young players to go and spend £80m on Sancho the year after two of them, where would that leave Pellestri....mor eimportantly Amad who we have spent a huge amount on?

pascell

Gerson's an interesting midfielder. He's the kind of player who looks like he can become a nice deep-lying playmaker, but he drifts way too much in games and, more often than not, barely makes an impact. His time at Brazil with Flamengo has been fruitful, so I can understand if another European club wants to take a chance on him.
Wasn't he at Roma? He's an FM15 legend I know that much.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

What does this mean for Son Heung-Min? Surely, Thuram isn't coming in to stay on the bench. Maybe he could be taking one of Bergwijn or Lamela's spot, but still, he's way better on the left than on the right or up front.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, it’s a bit strange. If you’d have asked me a couple of weeks ago if we needed another RWB I’d have said no chance. But clearly Tuchel sees the need and feels RJ can excel as a CB.

Still skeptical that we’d pay what Inter are asking when we also need a super expensive striker.
I really like Hakimi, he's a fantastic wing back. My only worry about him is that he is just that, a wing back rather than a full back, which is obviously great if Tuchel continues with his formation, but is more of a worry long term if a new manager comes in a year or 2 and wants to go back to a back 4. Perhaps he can improve on the defending side of things mind you if he has to.

NYAS

Gerson's an interesting midfielder. He's the kind of player who looks like he can become a nice deep-lying playmaker, but he drifts way too much in games and, more often than not, barely makes an impact. His time at Brazil with Flamengo has been fruitful, so I can understand if another European club wants to take a chance on him.
Disagree. Gerson is a tremendous player. Not really a playmaker. He’s a more defensive Pogba. More defensive not in terms of strict positioning (he plays in a double pivot with Flamengo) but in terms of his actions. His physique is a big part of his play. I consider Flamengo to be my 2nd team, he is one of our top 3 players and if he’s missing you can sense it. I’m bummed about this. Most people in Brazil think it’s a bad deal for him because he’s better than Marseille, and that if he was going to go back to Europe, it would have been for a better team. Even he had doubts about it and stalled for a good month or so. I guess the lure of Europe is too strong though, especially given he’s still young and has time to make another couple of upward moves after OM.

TheReligion

Abusive
I really like Hakimi, he's a fantastic wing back. My only worry about him is that he is just that, a wing back rather than a full back, which is obviously great if Tuchel continues with his formation, but is more of a worry long term if a new manager comes in a year or 2 and wants to go back to a back 4. Perhaps he can improve on the defending side of things mind you if he has to.
Agree. He's a very specific kind of player which is fine but he ties you to that system. I assume it would end any interest in wide forward players given what they already have too.

At £70m it's alot to write off if the system changes etc

Teja

Reece James isn’t going anywhere you jokers. :lol:

It‘s Azpi’s place in the XI that’s under threat if we sign Hakimi, not RJ’s. No more playing the aging Azpi as a wingback when he’s very limited attacking wise and has lost considerable pace. Azpi will become a guy who can fill in at numerous positions as a rotation option.

James RCB, Hakimi RWB.
I very much doubt this because James is pretty shit at defending. It'd be like having TAA play at RCB when he's a perfectly good wing back already.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Disagree. Gerson is a tremendous player. Not really a playmaker. He’s a more defensive Pogba. More defensive not in terms of strict positioning (he plays in a double pivot with Flamengo) but in terms of his actions. His physique is a big part of his play. I consider Flamengo to be my 2nd team, he is one of our top 3 players and if he’s missing you can sense it. I’m bummed about this. Most people in Brazil think it’s a bad deal for him because he’s better than Marseille, and that if he was going to go back to Europe, it would have been for a better team. Even he had doubts about it and stalled for a good month or so. I guess the lure of Europe is too strong though, especially given he’s still young and has time to make another couple of upward moves after OM.
Maybe Gerson's changed and become an even better player, but I only watched 1-2 Flamengo matches during his time there. When I watched him at Fiorentina, though, he wasn't really dynamic; he'd be one of the first players to get on the ball and then look to kick off attacks. There would be a few occasions where he'd go forward, but those were infrequent.

Honestly, he was a decent passer, but stylistically, he never looked suited to the role. I'm glad to read that he's now playing a role that better suits his qualities. He's always been someone who looked like he could do better if he was allowed to make more use of his physical qualities.

NYAS

Maybe Gerson's changed and become an even better player, but I only watched 1-2 Flamengo matches during his time there. When I watched him at Fiorentina, though, he wasn't really dynamic; he'd be one of the first players to get on the ball and then look to kick off attacks. There would be a few occasions where he'd go forward, but those were infrequent.

Honestly, he was a decent passer, but stylistically, he never looked suited to the role. I'm glad to read that he's now playing a role that better suits his qualities. He's always been someone who looked like he could do better if he was allowed to make more use of his physical qualities.
Oh yeah, Gerson in Italy is a different player to the Gerson now. Also he’ll be coached by Sampaoli at OM, who recently was manager of Atletico Mineiro in Brazil so he should have a much better idea of how to use him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Oh yeah, Gerson in Italy is a different player to the Gerson now. Also he’ll be coached by Sampaoli at OM, who recently was manager of Atletico Mineiro in Brazil so he should have a much better idea of how to use him.
Yeah, Sampaoli can get more out of him and make him look even better in Europe.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I very much doubt this because James is pretty shit at defending. It'd be like having TAA play at RCB when he's a perfectly good wing back already.
Nah, he’s pretty good defensively. In fact, that’s why people have been calling for him to start for England instead of TAA. Because he’s solid both going forward and defending. His physique means he simply outmuscles many opponents he defends against. As we saw in the CL final when he pocketed Sterling.

His only real weakness is that when the ball turns over quickly against a really fast winger he’ll sometimes switch off and be unable to recover. But if we were to move him to CB that wouldn’t happen as often.

Teja

Nah, he’s pretty good defensively. In fact, that’s why people have been calling for him to start for England instead of TAA. Because he’s solid both going forward and defending. His physique means he simply outmuscles many opponents he defends against. As we saw in the CL final when he pocketed Sterling.

His only real weakness is that when the ball turns over quickly against a really fast winger he’ll sometimes switch off and be unable to recover. But if we were to move him to CB that wouldn’t happen as often.
Have to disagree there, but you probably won't agree given your Chelsea bias ;) Let's see how it plays out.

Arsenal had Tierney who's far more lightweight than James playing as part of a back 3 for a while, so I assume you can pull off the same thing.

I will say though that this full back masquerading as a CB + occasionally bombing forward has played itself out over the past year or two so I still don't expect him to be successful in that role.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The weird thing about a possible Thuram move is that he supposedly had a €30m release clause in his contract, but that options seems to have passed for this window, as Eberl himself said that none of their players do have a release clause anymore, as of now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The weird thing about a possible Thuram move is that he supposedly had a €30m release clause in his contract, but that options seems to have passed for this window, as Eberl himself said that none of their players do have a release clause anymore, as of now.
Yeah, I don't get why Spurs have decided to act this late. Maybe they've found buyers for one or more of Lamela or Bergwijn, so they are looking to replace one or both of them.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

He actually reminds me of luke Shaw a lot, I rate him highly.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah, I don't get why Spurs have decided to act this late. Maybe they've found buyers for one or more of Lamela or Bergwijn, so they are looking to replace one or both of them.
It's hard to make big deals or to convince players when you don't even know who will be coaching the club.

Nori-

Every now and again I remember we could have bought Haaland for £17m but didn't as we were "drawing a line" with Raiola.

Fast forward, he is now the most wanted player in the world, rumours of £150m to Chelsea and.......We will more than likely still have to deal with Raiola with other players.

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.