Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Every now and again I remember we could have bought Haaland for £17m but didn't as we were "drawing a line" with Raiola.

Fast forward, he is now the most wanted player in the world, rumours of £150m to Chelsea and.......We will more than likely still have to deal with Raiola with other players.

Sigh.
No, Raiola wanted a release clause which we don't do. You can stop lamenting over things that never happened.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How would playing for Inter Miami complete Messi's legacy exactly?
Mas is probably trying to compare it to Beckham's legacy and how Beckham was able to massively promote the sport in the U.S., though I don't know if Messi's the sort of player seek out that much publicity. Cristiano Ronaldo would be a better fit in that sense.

Nori-

No, Raiola wanted a release clause which we don't do. You can stop lamenting over things that never happened.
Whichever way you look at it, we messed up.....badly.

Say he did want a release clause (£60m?), 1. That's £43m profit or 2. He could have been the missing piece for us winning things and maybe would have signed a new contract without a clause? We even have his old manager and mentor Ole in charge.

We've been absolutely horrible in the transfer market in recent years apart from the odd player.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united

Say he did want a release clause (£60m?), 1. That's £43m profit or 2. He could have been the missing piece for us winning things and maybe would have signed a new contract without a clause? We even have his old manager and mentor Ole in charge.

We've been absolutely horrible in the transfer market in recent years apart from the odd player.
Sometimes there are bigger things than just the financials.

What precedent does it set if a club of our stature starts accepting release clauses like that for these players? Especially with Raiola as his agent. If we got ourselves into Dortmunds situation the same posters lamenting us not buying him would be making thread after thread about how "embarrasing" it is.

Can't please some people.

roseguy64

Get over it. He chose Dortmund because he was guaranteed playing time and they would accept the clause. We're not signing players to try to make a profit on them. Move on.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

United don't actually care about selling players for profit. The club cares about acquiring the best players and retaining them for as long as possible.

Haaland arriving and leaving two years later for a pittance of his actual worth thanks to us agreeing to Raiola's demand for a release clause would result in more and worse moaning about our prowess in the transfer market and damage our reputation as a big club.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Whichever way you look at it, Haaland was always going to Dortmund, especially with a buyout clause and even without one. The same applies to Jude Bellingham who was always going to Dortmund as reported by both the German and Birmingham based media.

Nori-

Get over it. He chose Dortmund because he was guaranteed playing time and they would accept the clause. We're not signing players to try to make a profit on them. Move on.
It's a hard pill to swallow, I understand but telling anyone who mentions it to "move on" 1. Stops any discussion on a relevant issue 2. Gives the club the green light to continue to do horrible business like this and continue many more years of under achieving.

alexthelion

The reason not to buy Sancho is the money must be spent on a top class central defender and defensive midfield both of who should start when fit. After emergency holes have been fixed in the roof you can have the luxuries you want.
Yet you want to ignore the massive hole at RW, which has been there for, what, 10 years? Sancho would be the first step in fixing those holes.

ti vu

The weird thing about a possible Thuram move is that he supposedly had a €30m release clause in his contract, but that options seems to have passed for this window, as Eberl himself said that none of their players do have a release clause anymore, as of now.
Perhaps, Spurs is short on cash? Instead of paying the release clause up front, Spurs wants to pay in instalment even at a higher fee, so they can allocate the remaining cash for other potential signings.

Last edited:

Victoriadevil

I know there hasn't been any 'real' action, but Ben White for me is an animal. I know he's a centre back by trade, but he'd be awesome in front of the back four. Every time I see him, he's awesome!

UTD_Since_1978

I was gonna say, why the heck are Spurs trying to sign players when they haven't even got a new manager yet & now the ex-Roma manager's name has suddenly popped up.

Teja

Genuinely who the hell is this. I swear every other club is money laundering with their deadwood.
Yeah I was thinking that too.. let's see how the Dalot, Lingard negotiations go. If Porto can pay 15m, Milan, WHU should be able to pay more than that for starting XI players.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More info on the new appointment:

Ah, so Paratici played a part in this. I find it weird that they'd go for someone with such a similar profile to Mourinho. Surely, the players were ready for someone with fresh ideas or, at the very least, a more proactive style.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I was gonna say, why the heck are Spurs trying to sign players when they haven't even got a new manager yet & now the ex-Roma manager's name has suddenly popped up.
Haven't they brought a DOF in though, he might have been working on stuff already even though it hadn't been officially announced.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Messi will probably play for Inter Miami but imagine them thinking it completes his legacy :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Genuinely who the hell is this. I swear every other club is money laundering with their deadwood.
Late answer, but he was a fairly well-rated Serbian midfielder back when Liverpool bought him. Even though he didn't impress at Liverpool, he had very good loan spells at Hertha Berlin and a decent loan spell at Porto, which has gotten other teams interested. The fact that he's looked decent at other clubs can potentially raise his value, so he'd be a somewhat different case to both Solanke and Brewster.

UTD_Since_1978

Haven't they brought a DOF in though, he might have been working on stuff already even though it hadn't been officially announced.
Ok, but call me "old school" if you like but I think it should be the manager's job to choose the players he wants to sign & pick to play in his team not a DOF.

Of course, UTD's transfer negotiators are so inept we probably do need a DOF to bring in new players for our manager.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
More info on the new appointment:

Ah, so Paratici played a part in this. I find it weird that they'd go for someone with such a similar profile to Mourinho. Surely, the players were ready for someone with fresh ideas or, at the very least, a more proactive style.
It was reported (not sure where) that Paratici would be given the task of finding the next head coach. So it makes sense that Paratici would approach someone he knows, but I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled as a Spurs fan.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It was reported (not sure where) that Paratici would be given the task of finding the next head coach. So it makes sense that Paratici would approach someone he knows, but I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled as a Spurs fan.
Yeah, you're right. I'm just surprised that Paratici would approach him of all people. Sure the familiarity is there (via his Roma stint), but with that familiarity, he should have known about his profile and how that differs to what the players would necessarily feel good about. Oh well, what's done is done.

M4YON

I'd swap him for Ronaldo to avoid him leaving on a free next year for sure

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah, you're right. I'm just surprised that Paratici would approach him of all people. Sure the familiarity is there (via his Roma stint), but with that familiarity, he should have known about his profile and how that differs to what the players would necessarily feel good about. Oh well, what's done is done.
This is one of the reasons I didn't want United to go for a external appointment if I'm honest. Paratici is a experienced DoF aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.