Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

Would you take him here? I know it wouldn’t happen but I would be interested to see people’s opinion on him, it’s dropped in recent times I feel.
Yes in a heartbeat, classy CB. Would be happy to buy Varane from Madrid so Laporte can go there and we strengthen ourselves and weaken city. Result.

RUCK4444

Yes in a heartbeat, classy CB. Would be happy to buy Varane from Madrid so Laporte can go there and we strengthen ourselves and weaken city. Result.
Yeah totally agree. I think he’s good and a level above what we have (aside from Maguire.)

I’d prefer your scenario where we get Varane and Laporte goes to Madrid though, for sure.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Would you take him here? I know it wouldn’t happen but I would be interested to see people’s opinion on him, it’s dropped in recent times I feel.
Definitely. I'm not sure why he fell out of favour with Pep but I have seen Sam Lee from the Athletic write that Laporte wants to return to Spain and he made this known to City so maybe that's why. He's a very good player and I can see Barca snapping him up.

RUCK4444

Definitely. I'm not sure why he fell out of favour with Pep but I have seen Sam Lee from the Athletic write that Laporte wants to return to Spain and he made this known to City so maybe that's why. He's a very good player and I can see Barca snapping him up.
Yeah totally agree. Shame the City/United link puts this one off the table because he’s a very good CB.

I’ve also read he wants to return to Spain. I was expecting him to be mainstay at City for a long while.

jeepers

Probably end up with City doing a swap deal for Pau Torres with Laporte going the other way.

Sb_16

I did the stadium tour this weekend for my sons birthday and the guy showing us around made a point of talking about just how good a presence Juan Mata was in the club and what a fantastic person he is and a great representative. It really stood out as the guy wasn't afraid of dishing out a few backhanded compliments for other players!

He's clearly very well loved at the club
If I may ask, I would like to read on what was said about Mata and other players. PM me if it isn't is too nosey and if you're ok with the request.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
United have got the ball rolling on a deal for Kieran Trippier. Trippier has reverted to a UK mobile number, his family have settled back in Manchester and his wife, Charlotte, has pallied up with Fern Hawkins and Anouska Santos, Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw's partners.

Raphael Varane has never been more attainable for United but a source said matters are 'quiet for now' as Varane is on France duty. Real Madrid have already announced the signing of David Alaba, effectively a ready-made replacement for Varane, and are prepared to sell the Frenchman to United.

Sancho and Varane would set United back around £140m and the club has never broken the £150m barrier for permanent signings in a single summer. Solskjaer has asked United players for their opinion on provisional fall-back targets that would command frugal fees. Declan Rice is interested in joining United but the expectation is he will spend at least one more year with West Ham, who value him at close to £100m.

rotherham_red

I'm beyond bored of it tbh. Stay or go, it won't actually have much of an impact on us, IMO.

Withnail

He's a bang average 31 year old RB in the last year of his contract, he really isn't worth much.

What is his proper value from our perspective?
If it's Jesse out for 20m and Trippier in for the same price I'd take it. I haven't watched him much but he's just won La Liga with nearly 30 starts so bang average is under selling him I feel.

Kostov

If it's Jesse out for 20m and Trippier in for the same price I'd take it. I haven't watched him much but he's just won La Liga with nearly 30 starts so bang average is under selling him I feel.
Jesse is younger and midfielder/attacker which tend to fetch bigger sums. Despite that, anything above 10-15m for Jesse and we are robbing that potential buyer. Trippier is really a very average RB, and would be very stupid to spend 20m on him while we have AWB and players like Fred and Lindelof starting in the heart of the team.

Iron Stove

Is there a less user friendly site on the entire web than Manchester Evening News? It looks like one of the sites that opens when trying to play a free "river" online. Videos on autoplay, intrusive popups.. yuck.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I'm beyond bored of it tbh. Stay or go, it won't actually have much of an impact on us, IMO.
Not exactly a good source. Im sure if he is not signing he’ll be sold

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Jesse is younger and midfielder/attacker which tend to fetch bigger sums. Despite that, anything above 10-15m for Jesse and we are robbing that potential buyer. Trippier is really a very average RB, and would be very stupid to spend 20m on him while we have AWB and players like Fred and Lindelof starting in the heart of the team.
You can keep banging that drum, but most AM-fans consider him among their three best players this season. The club that won La Liga this year.

Poor or average? Obviously not.

Pep's Suit

Laporte didn't fall out with Pep, he simply doesn't want to stay and fight for his place like Stones last summer. However, I don't think Barca can offer €70-80m right now.
Also Bernardo wants to leave and join a club where he'll be the main guy. If any player fell out with Pep in last few months it's Sterling.

theklr

Not exactly a good source. Im sure if he is not signing he’ll be sold
I'm not so sure . Who can afford whatever price United will have for him? unless they sell him dirt cheap, which they arent very known to do..

And he could literally pick any club he wants next year and get a massive sign-on bonus + Raiola will get as well.

Only hope would be if PSG are in for him this year and will give a reasonable fee.

Withnail

Given Jesse's form for West ham we'll probably get 20m for him.

I'm a bit confused by what Lindelof and Fred have to do with it and why you seem to think 20m is a lot of money.

Also what does average mean to you? He's only worth 5m and should be playing for someone like Palace? Funny how the La Liga champions want to keep him, and United want to buy him then isn't it? Clueless fools

Status
Not open for further replies.