Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Stone, Ornstein, Fabrizio, bouhafsi all in the last 12 hours

It's done dealio. :drool:

Last edited:

WPMUFC

Seems the whole world has the same story at the same time.
as i said in the varane thread, my guess about the now full UK briefing and all the Tier 1's coming out, we've agreed a base fee for him and there's basically nothing left beyond minor doting i's and crossing t's.

It has to be that advanced for these briefings. The deal is happening.

Dante

Average bang
Agreeing terms with Varane is the easy bit. He loses nothing by getting United to offer him a lot of money.

Agreeing terms with Real Madrid is what matters. Because if they match or better our contract offer, it could easily turn into another Ramos situation.

theklr

Agreeing terms with Varane is the easy bit. He loses nothing by getting United to offer him a lot of money.

Agreeing terms with Real Madrid is what matters. Because if they match or better our contract offer, it could easily turn into another Ramos situation.
Massive red flag the whole charade. lets pull out.

theklr

Someone at the club is a big fan of us having at least one player who, at least once a week, makes it clear he doesn't want to be here.
Commercial department I'm sure. Gives us plenty of clicks and interactions :)

manuchamp88

Someone at the club is a big fan of us having at least one player who, at least once a week, makes it clear he doesn't want to be here.
Just need a certain greedy, bespectacled agent to get his paws on him and then it's a match made in Heaven.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Is it no different to how Sky and BT do it in the UK? :p I think the difference is budget. Sky and BT film football like it’s some Christopher Nolan epic and Spanish do it like an 80s/90s pro wrestling show.
Nah, the Spanish do it as if it was a Latin-America early 90's soap opera, where as SKY do a CNN type of drama. Both are irritating. Sky for the repetitive nature of presentation...imagine this...some "expert has a bit of a news...."I was told Rafael Varane will join Manchester United if all parties agree a move" So from my understanding if Madrid accept a bid form United and Varan accepts personal terms he will become a United players. That means that United will strengthen their defense by signing Rafael Varane. but only if Madrid accept the bid. And there is also a need for Rafeal Varane to accept United's contract offer". and boom 3 minutes of air time used.

Zlatattack

Personally I disagree with this approach. Pogba will likely leave at the end of the season. We're better off getting his replacement in now whilst decent options are available rather than next season when everyone knows where desperate. If he does somehow magically agree to stay, we move on the weakest midfield players in our squad. It means having an extra player for a season or so, but we should prefer that to being short and being arm-twisted in the market.

theklr

Personally I disagree with this approach. Pogba will likely leave at the end of the season. We're better off getting his replacement in now whilst decent options are available rather than next season when everyone knows where desperate. If he does somehow magically agree to stay, we move on the weakest midfield players in our squad. It means having an extra player for a season or so, but we should prefer that to being short and being arm-twisted in the market.
Probably an financial reason for it though

theklr

So happy we’ve managed to finally have efficient transfers. Might even have some time with the team before season starts

Superden

i always find it odd, that when youve got a sport that does anything for clicks / eyeballs to generate revenue / enhance branding, and you have something (transfer muppetry) that seems to generate a lot of clicks / eyeballs and yet the clubs don't own it / monetise it / take advantage of it to improve their social media numbers.

look at the varane saga , new tweets everyday, with all kinds of incremental updates without anything particularly new, generating big numbers on social media, and yet the clubs involved stay silent (obviously briefing journos etc behind the scenes) but in terms of social media leverage, clubs aren't looking to take advantage of any of it.

$inner_88

Here we go...

Great to sign someone who knows what it's like to win the biggest prizes. Hopefully will filter through to the rest of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.