Haaland chooses Madrid over Chelsea
-Messi joins PSG's Power Rangers
-Mbappe waits
-Tottenham look at Abraham as Kane pushes for exit
-Abraham interested in joining Mourinho at Roma
-La Liga civil war intensifies
-Textor buys into Crystal Palace

GBBQ

I think we're done in the market after Varane.
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. We might be playing chicken on one or two deals so we might get a midfielder or trippier on the last day but only if the prices is too good to turn down. But the flip side is if the money doesn't add up for us we'll go into the season with what we have and I think for sure we're in a better position than last year but Chelsea and City will be the form teams to watch.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah but he's still open to another after that. Guess it will depend on sales.
Yeah, but I'm saying his quote in the video refers to Varane. Skysports have just given a clickbaity video

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's not a good squad player, he has no end product, and the Fellaini comparison is way off, most didn't like the way we played with Fellaini, it was an ugly style of football that wasn't right for United, but could be effective. Dan James is just a very mediocre player who offers nothing bar running and we have lots of options in his position.
7 assists and 6 goals across all 40 odd prem games...but no end product.

Righto.

This is where I leave this, as its clearly beyond your comprehension here, we have Sancho, Mata and poissibly Elanga for the right side, not exactly briming with options.

But nevermind eh!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Righto.
That's not very good. He's meant to be a speedy winger who is direct and gets behind the opponent. Those sort of stats aren't reflective of end product at our level.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That's not very good. He's meant to be a speedy winger who is direct and gets behind the opponent. Those sort of stats aren't reflective of end product at our level.
Pogba played half of the season from the left and only got 6 goals and 6 assists. Is that good enough?

$inner_88

Mbappe and Haaland at Madrid would be something.

Could they even balance the books for that these days?

pacifictheme

Not sure ole is talking about varane as he's not named him. There would be no reason not to if he was talking about varane since we have announced it already.

Believe muppets, believe.

Devil may care

Righto.

This is where I leave this, as its clearly beyond your comprehension here, we have Sancho, Mata and poissibly Elanga for the right side, not exactly briming with options.

But nevermind eh!
6 goals in 48 games is not end product which makes me think the definition is clearly beyond your comprehension, we also have Greenwood, Amad and Lingard for the right side, but don't let facts get in the way of your laughable attempt to sound superior.

Fox outside the box

Our fans are Madrid levels of twattishness sadly. Been the same for Matic since day 1 for many, Lukaku got a really rough ride, Nani too, Pogba is despised by half the fanbase. Hardly surprising Dan James then gets his “fair share”.
Also look at the treatment Carrick 'the crab' and Rooney got. Ronaldo was getting a lot of abuse in 04 and many were wanting him sold, calling him a one trick pony with no end product. The racist abuse our own fans have levelled at the likes of Young and Lukaku on platforms like Twitter is awful but sadly predictable. Think Ben Foster interviewed Cleverley recently and I'm sure he touched on this, saying how much grief he got and how it affected him.

Our fans also gave Fergie tons of stick around the same time. Vividly recall him being called a dinosaur by our own supporters.

A club as big and successful as ours is going to get a large amount of followers and these followers are different to fans. There's no community or cultural connection to the club so it's purely about winning. If the team isn't winning then it has zero use to these people, they need a winning team so they can make more tiktom videos and 'banter' people online. That's where their enjoyment of football comes from. We have an embarrassingly bad fan base, overall, but I think that is just a by product of being a huge club. The likes of Barca etc probably have similar sections of their fan base.

Jacob

I thought that initially but he also says "of course" at the start, which to me indicates Varane.
OK, I've changed my mind - it's Varane.

At first I thought the said 'of course' to end the first sentence. As in: "of course you never know what's going to happen in football"

However, the "be ready" part indicates we're working on deals that could quickly materialize as the deadline progresses (e.g. Camavinga, Trippier).

Champ

6 goals in 48 games is not end product which makes me think the definition is clearly beyond your comprehension, we also have Greenwood, Amad and Lingard for the right side, but don't let facts get in the way of your laughable attempt to sound superior.
Ah yes,

Lingard who isn't a right sided player, Greenwood who is also a striker, and Amad who is no where near ready for the first team.

Thank Ole your not in charge...

Red_toad

Pretty sure he's talking about Varane as he hasn't been announced yet.
So he’s hopeful we sign a player who we’ve agree a fee with his club, he’s agreed terms flown into the country and is doing quarantine and will sign for the club tomorrow? Jeez he’s always comes across as optimistic, I hadn’t realised he was a doomsday prepper.

Red_toad

Next summer, Bales wages off the book, MBappe on a free and Haaland for 75 million plus agents fees. They can do that they’ve not splashed the cash, so will be fine affording those 2.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
So he’s hopeful we sign a player who we’ve agree a fee with his club, he’s agreed terms flown into the country and is doing quarantine and will sign for the club tomorrow? Jeez he’s always comes across as optimistic, I hadn’t realised he was a doomsday prepper.
Maybe he just remembers Mikel and Ramsay.

Devil may care

I thought that initially but he also says "of course" at the start, which to me indicates Varane.
Shame, it was hopeful for a moment there.

Ah yes,

Lingard who isn't a right sided player, Greenwood who is also a striker, and Amad who is no where near ready for the first team.

Thank Ole your not in charge...
Lingard has played RW loads of times and Greenwood has played 95% of his games there at senior level, and Amad is clearly ready, but go on keep digging that hole, and when Ole wins something maybe the last part would be a solid sign off.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pogba played half of the season from the left and only got 6 goals and 6 assists. Is that good enough?
Pogba brings more to the team - he isn't always playing temple run like Dan James is. His physicality and hold up play is very strong, he's also operating in deeper areas to bring others into play. Dan James works his socks off but his end product is no way near the level it needs to be to cut the grade here as a winger.

If a CM cast out wide can match his stats whilst operating a bit deeper too, it's pretty damning

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The way he said that suggests to me we have something we are working on and I reckon the press haven’t really caught wind of it yet.
You’re always so optimistic. I love it.

Champ

Shame, it was hopeful for a moment there.

Lingard has played RW loads of times and Greenwood has played 95% of his games there at senior level, and Amad is clearly ready, but go on keep digging that hole, and when Ole wins something maybe the last part would be a solid sign off.
I give up :lol:

Do you want Lingard, a player who plays better centrally to play right side? Amad has played centrally for us also and isn't ready for anything more than fleeting apperances in the first team, Greenwood has been mooted to play centrally by Ole but can facilitate a right sided berth.

Let me guess, your answer will be 'I'd rather them then James'??...square pegs in round holes yet again. :wenger:

But of course, you need your narrative, so carry on regardless!

Seriously, maybe if you looked past your anti James rhetoric you would probably see the wood through the trees!

CM

It says August 12 beneath the video. Why would they wait two weeks to post it?
I know it's from today but it's Sky Sports. They quite regularly get it wrong on the transfer front.

I remember Solskjaer making similar comments a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned any signings after Sancho and Varane being a bonus a few days ago, so I don't think plans would've changed much in that time.

Scholsey2004

It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. We might be playing chicken on one or two deals so we might get a midfielder or trippier on the last day but only if the prices is too good to turn down. But the flip side is if the money doesn't add up for us we'll go into the season with what we have and I think for sure we're in a better position than last year but Chelsea and City will be the form teams to watch.
Yeah, think we're done as regards incoming players unless something oportunistic happens.

sparx99

They might get those two for £65m in combined transfer fees. That would be quite upsetting albeit there would be hefty signing on fees and wages.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba brings more to the team - he isn't always playing temple run like Dan James is. His physicality and hold up play is very strong, he's also operating in deeper areas to bring others into play. Dan James works his socks off but his end product is no way near the level it needs to be to cut the grade here as a winger.

If a CM cast out wide can match his stats whilst operating a bit deeper too, it's pretty damning
Think you're being harsh there. Dan James isn't a world class footballer. He's a squad player who comes in here and there and should be judged as such. He wasn't signed for £90m from Juventus.

Paul Pogba is supposedly one of the best midfielders in the world (he isn't) and Dan James had a more productive season stats wise. That's why I think you're being harsh. Neither would be in my starting 11 anyway going forwards. James isn't really first team material I agree and Pogba doesn't want to be here so we should be exploring getting Donny in the team now.

Dong Fangzhuo

that wouldn't make sense
I understand it as him referring to Varane ("of course") and then checking himself mid sentence as the official announcement hasn't been made ("hopefully").

Certainly makes more sense to me than a United manager just casually confirming additional transfer business this late in the window.

I'd prefer to be wrong here though, obviously.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Well yes. Bale, Marcelo and Isco are off the books next year. That's around €60M in savings. If we can shed some more fat(asensio, odegaard, brahim, ceballos, jovic, etc), why not. Mbappé on a free might cost in the region of €60/70M a year, Halaand would cost around €60/70M a year(fees+wages), that's more than doable

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Think you're being harsh there. Dan James isn't a world class footballer. He's a squad player who comes in here and there and should be judged as such. He wasn't signed for £90m from Juventus.

Paul Pogba is supposedly one of the best midfielders in the world (he isn't) and Dan James had a more productive season stats wise. That's why I think you're being harsh. Neither would be in my starting 11 anyway going forwards. James isn't really first team material I agree and Pogba doesn't want to be here so we should be exploring getting Donny in the team now.
I don't know why you're comparing Dan James to Paul Pogba.

No one is trying to suggest Pogba had a great stat record last season, but my point is Dan James has little end product. Saying Pogba was the same is misconstruing the latter's impact in other areas of the game which James doesn't provide.

jackal&hyde

Pretty sure he's talking about Varane as he hasn't been announced yet.
The cynical in me says the same but then again, that one is done and we all know about it. There is a third I feel.

EDIT: I'm wrong. He's talking about one other coming in to training. It's Varane.

Devil may care

I give up :lol:

Do you want Lingard, a player who plays better centrally to play right side? Amad has played centrally for us also and isn't ready for anything more than fleeting apperances in the first team, Greenwood has been mooted to play centrally by Ole but can facilitate a right sided berth.

Let me guess, your answer will be 'I'd rather them then James'??...square pegs in round holes yet again. :wenger:

But of course, you need your narrative, so carry on regardless!

Seriously, maybe if you looked past your anti James rhetoric you would probably see the wood through the trees!
5 lines saying nothing, use of smilies and a guy that said he was done 3 posts ago desperately trying to get the last word, all classic signs of the Caf poster with a hard on for a player and allergic to facts, I'm starting to wonder if you're that Ricky goof from YouTube. I'm not anti James ya snowflake, I'm pro Manchester United and he's not good enough to be at the club, it's as factually obvious as that.

dinostar77

Yes, thats why Perez has been so quiet in the transfer market. They will get Bale off the books next summer, thats 600k a week.

Mbappe like Pogba seems desperate to play for Madrid, which doesn't give either player the best bargaining position on their financial demands. When you know your 1st/2nd/3rd choice for a player, your gonna use that to your advantage.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't know why you're comparing Dan James to Paul Pogba.

No one is trying to suggest Pogba had a great stat record last season, but my point is Dan James has little end product. Saying Pogba was the same is misconstruing the latter's impact in other areas of the game which James doesn't provide.
Because you can't judge players equally. For Dan James's ability level and what we paid for him he's delivered more for us than what Pogba has his ability level and transfer fee. That doesn't mean he's a better player. He's just used what he has more.

James is a perfectly good squad player. I don't understand the flack he gets on here one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.