Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn't that total package equate to around 400k a week (plus bonuses) over the 4 years? What was he asking from Chelsea?
The last offer before the club was sanctioned was 230k a week which he rejected. Not sure exactly what he was after but there were some reports that put it at around 400k.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The last offer before the club was sanctioned was 230 a week which he rejected. Not sure exactly what he was after but there were some reports that put it at around 400k.
Damn, just goes to show how much power players have, why sign long term contracts when you can get huge sign on bonuses after runni down contracts, I think you’d be better off with him gone rather than have the headache of a player earning 400k a week (proof - United).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Doesn't that total package equate to around 400k a week (plus bonuses) over the 4 years? What was he asking from Chelsea?
He was asking for way more than that salary amount as WeePat already stated. Those salary demands didn't include the fees for Sahr Senesie + the others involved in this deal.

Speako

So they get Haaland for the same price we paid for Fred and Wan Bassaka? Seriously, shoot me now.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He was asking for way more than that salary amount as WeePat already stated. Those salary demands didn't include the fees for Sahr Senesie + the others involved in this deal.
Yeah, it's crazy that players would demand such a crazy signing bonus for continuing on with the same club!

400k a week is huge.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Looks like we’re going to have to blow whatever budget the new owner gives Tuchel on a completely new defense. Rüdiger off, Christensen off, Azpi and Alonso most likely off. The latter 3 all to Barca. So we’ll need at least 2 new defenders.

Honestly, the only one of those I’m sad to see go is Toni. I really have no clue at all why Barca, who are building something good with bright youngsters, are after Azpi and Alonso. Azpi has been past it for a couple of years now and Alonso is extremely limited. I’d be pleased if we can move those two on.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah, it's crazy that players would demand such a crazy signing bonus for continuing on with the same club!

400k a week is huge.
I don't know whether the total package is indeed more than 400k/week for Rüdiger, but Real Madrid are definitely paying around that much (includes the taxes) in order to secure Rüdiger.

To go back to this, he was asking for £200k/week according to Jacob Steinberg on December 13, 2021. Chelsea matched that according to Matt Law, but Rüdiger still rejected the offer because he wanted a signing-on fee of £10m + agent fees (i.e. Senesie's payment) at around the same amount. It looks like he accepted a lower weekly salary in order to get more money up front via the signing-on fee.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Damn, just goes to show how much power players have, why sign long term contracts when you can get huge sign on bonuses after runni down contracts, I think you’d be better off with him gone rather than have the headache of a player earning 400k a week (proof - United).
His situation was just very circumstantial. We typically extend players 2 to 2.5 years into their 5 year deal. That junction for Rudiger was when he was in the doghouse towards the end of the Lampard period (late 2020) and Chelsea were actively trying to sell him. His renaissance under Tuchel put all the leverage in his court and the sanctions literally tied the club's hand behind its back. I will miss him but as you say, I'm not devastated to lose him.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Inappropriate Behavior
So apparently we had a Nigerian prince running our money operations. Geez, I wonder what could've gone badly.

Teja

Hmmm ... I'm pretty sure they want McFred to compete for the #8 position with a new DM and Bruno at 10. I think that will result in the same issues in ball progression that we've seen all season.

I hope they have some exceptional lined up at DM in that case. Needs to be a technician like Rodri / Busquets for this to work.

Robindinho

Hmmm ... I'm pretty sure they want McFred to compete for the #8 position with a new DM and Bruno at 10. I think that will result in the same issues in ball progression that we've seen all season.

I hope they have some exceptional lined up at DM in that case. Needs to be a technician like Rodri / Busquets for this to work.
You're forgetting the rebirth...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Would rather keep him than sign Cucurella to be honest.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As usual, we're seeing a difference in the transfer reports between England and Germany for the official transfers.

Sources: Kicker and Sport1

Both sources insist that City are paying €75m for Haaland, which is the release clause amount. Sport1 break this amount down:
  • €35m-€40m to be realised in the next fiscal year (i.e. on July 1 2022) according to Dortmund's official stock exchange announcement
    With the realization of this transfer deal, the management expects a positive effect on the key earnings figures (EBITDA, EBIT) for the 2022/2023 financial year in a range of approx. 35.0 - 40.0 m. EUR.
  • Haaland's book value of €20m to be paid off over 4 years
  • €10m to the late Mino Raiola
  • The rest in taxes & solidarity payments to Haaland's former clubs
  • Summary: €40m + €20m + €10 + the rest in other payments & taxes = €75m
A reminder of the English perspective:
  • €60m release clause
  • Above figure excludes solidarity + agent/entourage fees

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Maybe Nagelsmann likes him as a backup? They could move Pavard inside.

Irrational.

This really is the start of a new era for United.
City: Sign Haaland
Real: Sign Rudiger
BvB: Sign Adeyemi

United:mAtT jUdGe AnD hE-mAn TsEaYo hAvE lEfT tHe ClUb

On a serious note, I don’t think the media have a fecking clue about our transfer activity this summer. Literally anything could happen.

croadyman

When the new manager is available to have a say on new signings and when the window is open probably.
So ones for your diary 15th of May last Ajax game & 10th of June window opens ;)
God that feels like an eternity away with City blowing everyone else away already

Josep Dowling

So they get Haaland for the same price we paid for Fred and Wan Bassaka? Seriously, shoot me now.
He had a low buy out clause because the agent fees will be insane. That’s why Raiola and his Dad wanted him to join Dortmund. There have been reports previously stating agents fees could be £40m plus. Haaland definitely hasn’t gone for just over £50m. I love how the media isn’t reporting that so it seems like City have a bargain.

Lemoor

He had a low buy out clause because the agent fees will be insane. That’s why Raiola and his Dad wanted him to join Dortmund. There have been reports previously stating agents fees could be £40m plus. Haaland definitely hasn’t gone for just over £50m. I love how the media isn’t reporting that so it seems like City have a bargain.
It's still a really good deal, but those additional fees obviously are important.

roseguy64

God that feels like an eternity away with City blowing everyone else away already
Well we're not gonna be competing with City for the league next season so that's irrelevant. We should be aiming to do that either 2023/4 or 2024/5. Not 2022/3.

Teja

On a serious note, I don’t think the media have a fecking clue about our transfer activity this summer. Literally anything could happen.
You assume the board know what's going to happen :lol:

I think they'll all go for a well deserved rest, come back refreshed and go one target at a time.

By the end of the window, we'll pay 80M for Rice and some cheap punts recommended by Rangnick who might never see the light of day under the new coach.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
City: Sign Haaland
Real: Sign Rudiger
BvB: Sign Adeyemi

United:mAtT jUdGe AnD hE-mAn TsEaYo hAvE lEfT tHe ClUb

Its possible the club also doesn’t

Charles Miller

Didn't that problem arise after a poor performance from him in the 2021 Copa Libertadores final? Before that, he was not only starting regularly but also playing well enough to warrant his regular first-team appearances. Nowadays, of course, he's a bench player, and Flamengo might not be so keen on signing him permanently given his reduced role.
Exactly. They blame him for losing the Libertadores final. He was playing well before that, despite tge fact nobody knows what is his position, because he cant defend and is not really special in attack. But he can help to retain possession what fits in their playing style.

Status
Not open for further replies.