Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not worked out as planned that? :)

At least he was only £15m.
I think we got our money’s worth at £15m. He was a decent squad player at some points. I think Lampard quite liked him. Overall though, I’m glad we get his wages off the books. Wish him all the best.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 3):
Venezia are interested in Adnan Januzaj and have made enquiries about a possible move for the [Belgian] Red Devil, who are still waiting for Everton FC. Januzaj is asking for a salary of around €3m net per year. Difficult to achieve for a Serie B club...
To be continued.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Patrick Cutrone leaves Wolves to join Cesc Fabregas in Como, his hometown club, on a 3-year contract

Idxomer

Source (Tier 3):
I find it odd that a free agent could spend a couple of months without any training or pre-season waiting for the end of the transfer window to make his move.

On that note, did Juan Mata find a new club or is he retiring?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

EDIT: More in from Tier 1 journalist
PSG wanted to add a buy-back clause to Michut's contract at Sunderland. The English did not appreciate the last-minute request.
Translation:

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Sources:
  • Tier 2 (Fabrice Hawkins):
    PSG have reached an agreement in principle with Everton for a transfer, the amount of which has not been revealed. According to our information, the medical examination should take place in the next 48 hours.
  • Tier 1: Loïc Tanzi
    • Reports that the transfer is progressing well with just a few minor details left

CM

Source:
Not sure you can play paupers when the whole world knows you've just sold a player for €100m and brought in big money for several other first team players.

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
How the hell would it be too expensive, when we've practically bankrolled them for this season alone?
It's the total package that's the problem, really meaning salary. A transfer fee of €25-30m is possible, but then there's another 10m a year in salary and last year Haller was the highest earning player at 4,5m. Giving Ziyech 10m would destroy the wage structure and make a lot of current players upset. For reference other players that have played in the EPL: Bergwijn reportedly earns 4-4,5m, Tadic 3,5m and Blind 3m.

To put €10m a year into perspective, that's what Ajax gets annually for it's share of the league's broadcasting rights deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: sizzling sausages

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's the total package that's the problem, really meaning salary. A transfer fee of €25-30m is possible, but then there's another 10m a year in salary and last year Haller was the highest earning player at 4,5m. Giving Ziyech 10m would destroy the wage structure and make a lot of current players upset. For reference other players that have played in the EPL: Bergwijn reportedly earns 4-4,5m, Tadic 3,5m and Blind 3m.

To put €10m a year into perspective, that's what Ajax gets annually for it's share of the league's broadcasting rights deal.
Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea

Ziyech is on £100K a week at Chelsea so around €6M a year. A little bit more than your highest paid players but not by a lot. Surely he's not expecting a 60% wage increase to move back to Ajax?

Mike1976

Supports
Ziyech is on £100K a week at Chelsea so around €6M a year. A little bit more than your highest paid players but not by a lot. Surely he's not expecting a 60% wage increase to move back to Ajax?
I've also seen that figure. Is that before or after tax? Because the salaries of the other players that I mentioned are all before tax.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Ah right thanks. I don't really see the problem then unless the latest reports are wrong and Chelsea is sticking to their initial asking price of ~€44m.
The last I read was we were at €30m. I think the hold up right now is personal terms.

Mike1976

Supports
The last I read was we were at €30m. I think the hold up right now is personal terms.
Was just watching a talkshow where a journalist said that Ajax still prefers a loan and Ziyech himself keeps insisting on a permanent deal so he (potentially) won't be stuck at Chelsea again next year.

Not sure why they wouldn't want to buy if the price is right since buying now is better for tax purposes, lowers the annual profit so no tax penalty. A loan with option/obligation to buy would move the transfer into the next fiscal year.

The only reason I could see for dragging it out this long is if Ajax has another option lined up that they hope to make a large profit on later like with Antony, because it can't be that they are doubting Ziyech's quality. Doubtful that it's being postponed until after the Antony deal is made public for some reason, people are Ziyech are saying a transfer isn't looking likely at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.