Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Inter continues to follow Club Athletico Paranaense goalkeeper Bento with great interest.

The Brazilian club's valuation and the competition do not make a possible summer deal any easier.

The starting price is around 20 million.

Several Premier League teams [to date Chelsea is NOT among them] are already sounding out the situation; some concrete enquiries have also come from Spain.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Amorim's interview with O Jogo

The full quotes:
No, I can’t guarantee it.

Sporting is already dealing with the future, I can’t decide. I gave my word and I can’t go back on it. If we don’t win titles, I’ll leave Sporting. It was clear from the start, it was the bet I passed on to the players. We have to win titles. First we’ll see if we can do it and then we’ll decide things. It’s not a worry, the future has been planned for a long time. We’re outlining all the situations for next season. So I can’t guarantee that I’ll stay, we have to win titles. And we’re on the right track.

I don’t want to dwell on my future, the focus is on this game. I’m not going to discuss anything with Sporting. I owe Sporting a lot, I’m very happy here. I’ll never put pressure on myself to leave.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: interview with German Press Agency via NWZ Online

Full quotes:
I am euphoric at every game and every training session because I feel that I am in the right place, in the right league. I wanted to have overall responsibility. I wanted to take control myself. It was a stark change for all three (Sullivan, Moyes and himself). David Moyes – I think – noticed through my transfers that my work was important. Conversely, I learned an incredible amount from him when it comes to perspectives on football. A squad restructuring is always a four-to-five-year project. I was at Werder for 18 years and could probably have worked there longer. But I also wanted to experience something different and never have to say to myself: I should have done that. But what I experience in England is particularly good for my development.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:

Source: Sporting CP pre-match press conference via Cabine Desportiva

Amorim on the recent rumours:
This is the last time I’m going to talk about my future. There’s been no interview, let alone an agreement. The only thing we all want is to be champions with Sporting, and nothing will change.

I’m Sporting’s coach. There’s been no interview with any club, no agreement with any club. I’m just focussed (sp), as always, on defending my club. As I no longer have anything to say, there will be no interviews or agreements with the Sporting coach. That subject is completely settled, whether for this club or another.